Biotest

Mag-10 & immune System

Chris,

Some of TNation pros posted about such relatiobship. What is the reason behind it? I notice it myself but using pulses during long time without stopping it.

[quote]michell wrote:
Chris,

Some of TNation pros posted about such relatiobship. What is the reason behind it? I notice it myself but using pulses during long time without stopping it.
[/quote]

Not that long ago, I had a bout with the flu. Normally I would be laid out for several days of no training, then a few workouts of getting back to normal. This time I used MAG-10 and Plazma liberally in a pulse feast like fashion and my illness was drastically reduced from previous experiences. Strength upon returning to training a short 3 days later was just the same…it was as if I didn’t really take a break.

My theory: our immune system needs amino acids to create anti-bodies. When we get sick, we tend not to eat a whole lot, and the source of building material for immunity is our muscle tissue. This is not very quick though, and the rate of anti-body production is governed by the availability of the raw materials.

When we take MAG-10, Plazma, or casein hydrolysate, the aminos are available immediately and in quite an abundance. For me at least, even if I’m not hungry (which occurs when I get sick), it is easy to slam down a MAG-10 or Plazma without any stomach upset.

Right or wrong all I know is that these products have really changed my perspective on nutrition. Other than being ill, I have noticed that I need WAY less “normal” protein for lean tissue maintenance or growth (I used to eat 300 grams of protein a day, everyday, 365 days a year…for decades).

[quote]michell wrote:
Chris,

[/quote]

Sorry, I don’t have a clear-cut answer for this. buffed above has some good thoughts.