Biotest

Mag-10 Flavoring

travis8798 asks:

Would you be able to offer some other flavoring/mixing options for Mag-10?

Specifically, would it be ok to mix it with water and a Nuun tablet? They’re effervescent electrolyte/mineral tablets that dissolve in water.

Alternatively, is there any reason I can’t mix it with a scoop or half scoop of protein and water?

[quote]travis8798 asks:

Would you be able to offer some other flavoring/mixing options for Mag-10?

Specifically, would it be ok to mix it with water and a Nuun tablet? They’re effervescent electrolyte/mineral tablets that dissolve in water.[/quote]
I’ve never heard of Nuun tablets, but I guess it could work. The only thing I’d watch out for is the electrolytes in Nuun, since there’s already a good amount of sodium and potassium in the Mag-10 formula.

But if, for whatever reason, you don’t dig the liquid flavorings that come with the Mag-10, some people have talked about using things like Mio or Crystal Lite “water enhancers”. I just don’t know how you’d dose it compared to about a capful of the Biotest liquid flavoring.

Mixing Mag-10 with another protein shake would basically undo the purpose of having Mag-10 in the first place, because the absorption would be significantly slowed down.

Chris,

I wanted to do something similar but using Crystal lite lemonade flavoring- the traditional sugar-free powder, not the liquid. Would that be advisable?

You could give it a try. Again though, you’d be playing it by ear in terms of how much to use to flavor without going overboard or not enough to mask the raw hydrolyzed casein. Finding the “sweet spot”, so to speak. teehee.

Ok, cool. I’ll give a try and repost if I find the “sweet spot.”

BTW, I’m asking because I bought the lemon and lime flavorings hoping to mix them together to make the Mag-10 taste like lemon-lime Gatorade. As an experiment, I mixed a half teaspoon of each into a good amount of plain water. The taste was super strong and pretty off putting.

I’ve never tried Mag-10 before, however, so would mixing these flavors with the protein mitigate the taste? I just don’t want to waste a whole shake because I screwed up the flavoring.

Thanks!

I have found my favorite to be Mio Orange Tangerine water enhancer. I use three squirts and it legitimately tastes like Hi-C organ he from McDonalds. The former me remembers hi-c orange, not the current me :wink:

Crystal light does not hold up well. Other mio products work, but it’s hit or miss.

The only concern I have is that as I track my calories I have been noticing that if I pulse three times a day, I am taking in roughly 1500mg of sodium from Mag-10 alone. Plus each squirt of mio is 40mg of sodium compared to the 5mg in the flavoring a provided by biotest.

Really excited to try out the new Blue Raz flavoring recently added to Mag-10/Plazma. Thanks to Biotest for adding it in as a change up to the traditional flavors!

Oh, geez! I totally missed that on my last order. Nice catch. Next round…

Just received my first bottle Thursday and gave it a try this afternoon in my Mag-10. I can confirm it’s pretty damn good, I will definitely be throwing it in the mix regularly. Thanks again to Biotest for sneaking that surprise in there!

Nice! My Blue Raz will be here Tuesday.

So, yeah. I suck at the forums thing. But in the last 25 days, I’ve used it in my Mag-10 several times. I dig it.

Lime will probably always be my go-to flavor, but Blue Raz will definitely find its way in. Plus the color is fantastic in the Nalgene bottles.