Biotest

MAG-10 Fat Loss Protocol?

Hey Chris, i’ve seen some people say that increasing the amount of MAG-10 you consume will result in increased fat loss. I’ve been on a bit of a fat loss plateau for a while and was wondering if MAG-10 would give me the ability to lean down to single digit body-fat. I am not following any fat-loss protocol. Trying to do recomp. I’m 190lbs and i’m stuck at 12% body fat.

Two questions.

1.) What kind of MAG-10 protocol would you recommend to increase fat loss?

2.) Also what are the physiological process’ that cause it to increase fat loss? I am not saying I need evidence, there is plenty of it on the forums. I am just curious as to how it works.

Thanks.

If you are not opposed to the idea- I do a MAG-10 pulse feast way of living and it works so well for losing fat it is almost odd. I drink about 4 MAG-10’s during the day, pre-workout I take Indigo, drink Plazma then do another MAG-10 post. About an hour after that I have a large clean dinnner with chicken, veggies, and rice or a potato of some kind.

I will throw in a whey shake before bed with a Greek yog. also. But, this gives me enough calories, carbs and protein. I have dropped BF while making size gains at the same time. For me it is truly amazing. I feel like a million bucks, not tired or drained at the gym either. The Plazma kicks in and I am good to go! Many people here follow something similiar and get great results. Try it for 30 days and I bet you drop another 1%-2%

Thanks for the advice T-bone. Do you do this Pulse feasting everyday? Or only on training days?

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>MAG-10 can be very useful for those looking to speed fat loss. For one thing, it’s probably the most anti-catabolic agent on the market, though we don’t mention that benefit often. In short, you won’t lose muscle even if cutting calories and aiming for single-digit body fat.

Mag-10 contains a carbohydrate mixture that increases metabolic rate, while at the same time driving supraphysiologic levels of Mag-10’s di- and tripeptides into the muscle cell, which means that post-training is a good time for a serving (or “pulse”) or two. Additionally, 20 grams of protein from Mag-10 stimulates protein synthesis to a far greater degree than what you’d get from 100s of grams of conventional protein.

There are many ways to use Mag-10 if your focus is on losing body fat. If you’re serious and want the fastest effect possible, a Pulse Fast-type of approach may fit your needs. Traditionally, this is done twice per week with a few days of normal healthy eating in between each.

It’s a semi-fast, basically, where you pulse roughly every two hours with a serving of Mag-10, consuming no solid food for the day. You can add peri-workout nutrition such as <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma however, or just Pulse Fast on an off day as many prefer. Many like to pair this with a daily <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy"target=“new”>Brain Candy or a couple of servings of Alpha GPC for the cognitive effects.

Another option is to use it Pulse Feast-style: that’s Mag-10 every two to three hours then a healthy solid meal at night that’s supportive of your fat-loss goals.

Finally, many just use Mag-10 between meals for the protein pulsing benefits explained on the store page, always timing one of those post-lifting.

There are more options, but that’ll give you a few ideas to consider. We’d be glad to help you out with a plan.

I do pulse fast all week then I add a re-feed on Sat. or Sun. where I eat oatmeal or rice ceral in the a.m. then eat all clean meals during the day. So, really I do it 6 days a week- training and non training days.

Thanks Chris and T-bone. I Think i’ll probably try doing a few pulse-fasts once or twice a week and see how that goes. I’ve fasted many times before and had good results when I have been consistent.

A couple of questions. I have a couple of bottles of Indigo coming my way. What would be the best way to dose Indigo on a Pulse-fast day?

Would either of you recommend doing some kind of work on the fast days? If so should I limit the intensity say just do some conditioning etc. Or should I feel free to workout as i normally would.

Also if I was going to do no activity on the fast days would it not be better to take in zero calories, No MAG-10 nothing?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Either of you know of any windsurfers and or fighters who have used MAG-10/Plazma. I would love to hear their experiences.

1. Indigo-3G is a nutrient repartitioning agent and so it doesn’t make since to use a nutrient-restrictive plan while using Indigo-3G. It can’t work optionally without you giving it the right stuff, basically. And carbs are part of that. However, if you’re weight training on a Pulse Fast day and using a workout drink like Plazma or Anaconda, then take 6-8 capsules 15 minutes before your Plazma and beginning your workout.

2. I personally prefer to keep Pulse Fast days on off-days from the gym, or just do a short conditioning session only. If you do want to weight train, as long as you’re taking care of peri-workout nutrition (Plazma ideally) you’re good to go.

3. The Pulse Fast is not a “no calorie” fast, which isn’t ideal anyway. It’s a pulse of MAG-10 every hours or so, and no solid food.

Thanks Chris. Just ordered a bunch of MAG-10. Hope to start the Pulse-fasting soon.

I’ve still got some Plazma left so I’ll just keep having the Indigo-3G before peri-workout nutrition on pulse fast days.

Sounds like a plan. Keep us posted!

Hi CS, my first bunch of MAG-10 is on its way to me, and i noticed that it says drink one pulse 1 hr after workout. does this count as the only post workout drink, or should i drink some Whey protein right after the workout and then drink the MAG-10 1 hr later. thanks

alexbo,

Mag-10 has you covered. Adding cheap whey would actually interfere with Mag-10.

As Biotest science-guy Bill Roberts wrote about a similar question: “…MAG-10 is already providing di- and tri-peptides as fast as they can be absorbed; the whey protein itself cannot be absorbed except until after being broken down into di- and tri-peptides, and in a less favorable composition than the MAG-10.”

Hi CS, Thank you for your response. Do i have to wait 1 hr later post workout to drink the MAG-10, or can i drink it right away? thanks again.

alexbo,

The way I personally like to time it is about an hour after you finish your Plazma or intra-workout drink, which is usually 3/4ths of the way through your workout. If you’re not having a workout drink, you can move the Mag-10 up to immediately post-workout.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
<a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/MAG-10"target=“new”>MAG-10 can be very useful for those looking to speed fat loss. For one thing, it’s probably the most anti-catabolic agent on the market, though we don’t mention that benefit often. In short, you won’t lose muscle even if cutting calories and aiming for single-digit body fat.

MAG-10 contains a carbohydrate mixture that increases metabolic rate, while at the same time driving supraphysiologic levels of MAG-10’s di- and tripeptides into the muscle cell, which means that post-training is a good time for a serving (or “pulse”) or two. Additionally, 20 grams of protein from MAG-10 stimulates protein synthesis to a far greater degree than what you’d get from 100s of grams of conventional protein.

There are many ways to use MAG-10 if your focus is on losing body fat. If you’re serious and want the fastest effect possible, a Pulse Fast-type of approach may fit your needs. Traditionally, this is done twice per week with a few days of normal healthy eating in between each.

It’s a semi-fast, basically, where you pulse roughly every two hours with a serving of MAG-10, consuming no solid food for the day. You can add peri-workout nutrition such as <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma however, or just Pulse Fast on an off day as many prefer. Many like to pair this with a daily <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/brain-candy"target=“new”>Brain Candy or a couple of servings of Alpha GPC for the cognitive effects.

Another option is to use it Pulse Feast-style: that’s MAG-10 every two to three hours then a healthy solid meal at night that’s supportive of your fat-loss goals.

Finally, many just use MAG-10 between meals for the protein pulsing benefits explained on the store page, always timing one of those post-lifting.

There are more options, but that’ll give you a few ideas to consider. We’d be glad to help you out with a plan.

[/quote]

I would be highly interested in this. I would like help in creating a pulse feast plan. I’m look to drop BF without the strength lose and I believe this is the way for me to go.

[quote]viper0213 wrote:
I would be highly interested in this. I would like help in creating a pulse feast plan. I’m look to drop BF without the strength lose and I believe this is the way for me to go.[/quote]

It’s pretty simple really. My suggestion would to “pulse” Mag-10 four times during the day, then have a solid healthy meal at night at supports your goals.

If doing this on a training day and and using workout nutrition like Plazma, replace one pulse with Plazma pre-loaded and during training. Time a Mag-10 pulse one hour after that. So it could look like this:

Feeding 1: Mag-10 pulse
Feeding 2: Mag-10 pulse
Training: Plazma per label directions
Feeding 3: Mag-10 pulse
Feeding 4: Solid meal

You can just move that around based on when you train during most days.

On off days, add a pulse and skip the workout nutrition.

Chris, you’ve mentioned that Indigo is a nutrient re-partitioning agent, and on the store page, it talks about how it fixes dysfunctional fat cells. After being on Indigo for a while, and then going to the maintenance dosage, would using the MAG-10 pulse fast plan work, or would it be better to go off Indigo while pursuing that plan?

A Pulse Fast style plan, in its purest form – only Mag-10 pulses for a whole day, once or twice per week – may be too low carb to get the full benefits of Indigo-3G. Remember, Indigo has to have something to repartition and a Pulse Fast is pretty low in carbs. However, if you’re only doing it once per week and on maintenance dose of Indigo-3G, then it would be fine. Just have a pulse soon after taking your single daily serving of Indigo. And if your Pulse Fast is on a training day where you’re using a workout drink like Plazma, then have your Indigo with your pre-load dose.

Now, with a Pulse Feast style of plan – pulses all day then a solid meal at night – it’s easy. Just have your 6 capsules of Indigo before the meal.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Now, with a Pulse Feast style of plan – pulses all day then a solid meal at night – it’s easy. Just have your 6 capsules of Indigo before the meal. [/quote]

Interesting. I’ve been following the Pulse Feast plan for several months now (with great results!!) however my plan has been a bit different.

8:00 3 scoop Mag-10
10:30 Indigo
11:00 Finibar
11:30 First dose of Plasma
12:00 Train and second dose of Plasma
2:00 3 scoop Mag-10
6:00 HSM
Bedtime: 2 scoop pulse

I always thought it best to have my Indigo before my Finibar and Plasma. My thinking being, let’s ramp up the repartitioning when I’m taking in the absolute best types of carbs and at the most important time (peri-workout).

Have people been having better results taking their Indigo with their HSM? Should my logic be, let the absolute best carbs doing their work at a time when my body is already most receptive to them (peri-workout) take care of themselves. Then let the Indigo ramp things up for me later in the evening and do it’s work on less efficient nutrients then M-10 and Plazma?

Thanks for all your help and input, Chris!

On training day, yes, it’s best to use Indigo-3G before workout nutrition supplements.