Biotest

MAG-10 and Whey

Previous to supplementing with MAG-10, I always drank Grow! Whey post workout. Now, I drink MAG-10 post workout, a whey shake about 30 mins later and then a meal. Is the whey necessary when using MAG-10, or does MAG-10 fulfill PWO protein needs?

Biotest on a Budget - College Edition

The whey can now be skipped with no loss. MAG-10 is already providing di- and tri-peptides as fast as they can be absorbed; the whey protein itself cannot be absorbed except until after being broken down into di- and tri-peptides, and in a less favorable composition than the MAG-10.

What happens when adding the whey between the MAG-10 and the meal is that there’s no further increase in absorption in the few hours after your workout. That’s okay, the added protein isn’t wasted (for the most part) as it will still later be absorbed, but there’s no need for it at that time.

Bill is right on the money. Save the Grow! Whey to add to meals when you want to bump up the protein content, or use it in recipes or as “milk” in cereal or coffee. <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 has you covered for post-workout.

To elaborate even more, the protein in Mag-10 is comprised of a new di- and tripeptide complex that’s transported (requiring no further breakdown) directly into the bloodstream. And the di-/tripeptide mixture found in Mag-10 produces effects in muscle that are above and beyond simple aminos from other proteins.

Peptide structures have biological activities superior to regular amino acids. Tim Patterson notes that only 20 grams of protein from Mag-10 stimulates protein synthesis to a far greater degree than what you’d get from 100s of grams of conventional protein.

Also beneficial for post-training, Mag-10 contains a custom carbohydrate mixture that drives supraphysiologic levels of these di- and tripeptides into the muscle cell.

Great. I appreciate the responses.