Biotest

MAG-10 and Plazma Flavors

What’s the best tasting flavor for MAG-10 and Plazma?

I like orange.

Here is my list from greatest to least:

1. Lime - Amazing.
  2. Orange - close 2nd, tastes like an orange Fanta.
    3/4 Berry - This is tied with Lemon. The pink foam is magical.
    3/4 Lemon - This is tied with Berry. Tastes similar to Lime.
  3. Grape - honestly tastes a bit like grape medicine. Probably the only thing from Biotest I haven’t been 110% satisfied with.

Ive tried them all except lemon, which is on the way now with some MAG-10. Lime is my favorite, but i really like the grape and berry as well.

The best flavour I’ve found is a combo of lemon, lime, orange and berry.

Since I mix up my Plazma and MAG-10 in bulk in advanced I rarely mix single flavours.

I’ve tried nearly every combo you can and this one is still my favourite.

Also give these a go as well: lemon/lime/orange, berry/orange/lemon, grape/berry.

The only flavour I’ve found doesn’t play well with others is grape, when mixed with lemon, lime or orange it tends to turn a lovely shade of brown and generally tastes like it looks.

I’m a newbie and just started taking MAG-10 last Saturday on my early morning walk (I’m easing my old fat body back into activity and haven’t actually started real workouts yet). The effect of the MAG-10 was tremendous. Previously I could walk the first mile in 18 min., but then had to slow down to a 20 min./mile pace to keep my heart rate below 110. Even then, I was starting to breathe heavily by the end of the walk. With MAG-10, I can complete the entire 3.4 mile walk at an 18 min./mile pace keeping my heart rate in the target range and not breathing heavily at all.

The one thing I don’t like about MAG-10 though, is the taste. I’ve tried both Berry and Lemon so far, and neither seems to completely mask the underlying bitterness of the product. I’m currently using 3/4 of a capful of flavoring with 600 ml. of water (the capacity of the bottle I’m using) and 2 scoops of MAG-10. With this amount of flavoring, the MAG-10 tastes too sweet at first (but at least it’s easy to get down) and then leaves a bitter aftertaste. If I cut back on the flavoring though, then I taste the bitterness immediately.

Am I doing something wrong? I think I’ll get used to the taste eventually, but I’d appreciate any suggestions that others might have.

I’m partial to lime. That flavour is SPOT ON.

You’ll get a lot of opinions on this since everyone has different flavor preferences, but personally I’d addicted to lemon and honestly haven’t used anything else since it came out. I just never tire of it. It has “drinkability” as they say in the beverage industry. That means it doesn’t get old to your taste buds and you can drink a lot of it without getting burned out on the flavor.

This is actually why the “sip test” always results in people saying they like Pepsi over Coke. Yet Coke outsells Pepsi. So what’s going on? Pepsi is the better flavor for ONE sip. But Coke has drinkability, meaning you don’t get tired of it and want more. To me, lemon <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/intensified-flavors"target=“new”>Intensified Flavoring has that same ability.

Lemon - then lime.

Didn’t like Orange & it stains like f@ck. Grape… oh dear God no !

Yeah, love the Orange. Tried the Grape and was very glad I had the Orange. Never thought of mixing Grape with Berry. Think I’ll just stick with what I love. I’m not very adventurous.

[quote]OldFatGuy2 wrote:
I’m a newbie and just started taking MAG-10 last Saturday on my early morning walk (I’m easing my old fat body back into activity and haven’t actually started real workouts yet). The effect of the MAG-10 was tremendous. Previously I could walk the first mile in 18 min., but then had to slow down to a 20 min./mile pace to keep my heart rate below 110. Even then, I was starting to breathe heavily by the end of the walk. With MAG-10, I can complete the entire 3.4 mile walk at an 18 min./mile pace keeping my heart rate in the target range and not breathing heavily at all.

The one thing I don’t like about MAG-10 though, is the taste. I’ve tried both Berry and Lemon so far, and neither seems to completely mask the underlying bitterness of the product. I’m currently using 3/4 of a capful of flavoring with 600 ml. of water (the capacity of the bottle I’m using) and 2 scoops of MAG-10. With this amount of flavoring, the MAG-10 tastes too sweet at first (but at least it’s easy to get down) and then leaves a bitter aftertaste. If I cut back on the flavoring though, then I taste the bitterness immediately.

Am I doing something wrong? I think I’ll get used to the taste eventually, but I’d appreciate any suggestions that others might have.[/quote]
Add more water.

I agree with Chris on this one. Lemon is the one flavor I can drink over and over again and never get tired of it (though I dislike the taste of both Coke and Pepsi so no agreement there…). One other thing. It may not make any difference to you, but if like some people you are at all sensitive to artificial colorings, lemon is the only flavor with no food dyes in it.

Just downed some unflavoured… I don’t recommend this

Incidentally, does Plazma have some citrus in it or do I need to wash my bottle more thoroughly?

Lemon/Lime in a 50/50 mix. Bit less tart than lemon on its own.

[quote]tsantos wrote:
Just downed some unflavoured… I don’t recommend this

Incidentally, does Plazma have some citrus in it or do I need to wash my bottle more thoroughly? [/quote]
I wish Biotest/Chris/TC/Tim P./etc made an official forum post instructing how they recommend cleaning the Nalgene. Mine always smells like the flavor I just used, even after rinsing and shaking about 5 times.

Warm water and soap just makes all my Plazma taste like soap…

And it is not dishwasher safe so…

Anyone?

maybe its just me, but i wash mine with soapy water and a brush daily and it doesnt taste like soap. Just make sure you rinse it super good and let it dry completely.

Thanks for the tip.