Biotest

MAG-10 and Muscle Strains

I’m just wondering if anyone has experience with MAG-10 allowing them to recover faster from an injury, particularly a muscle strain? Was doing Bulgarian split squats today and my hamstring just went on me, might have torn if I wasn’t able to drop the weight. Right now seems to just be a really bad strain (thankfully) and pondering if MAG-10 would be helpful. I currently use it for workouts and it is amazing, so would be interested in your thoughts?

Perhaps Chris or the Biotest people have theories or thoughts on it too?

[quote]money24 wrote:
I’m just wondering if anyone has experience with MAG-10 allowing them to recover faster from an injury, particularly a muscle strain? Was doing Bulgarian split squats today and my hamstring just went on me, might have torn if I wasn’t able to drop the weight. Right now seems to just be a really bad strain (thankfully) and pondering if MAG-10 would be helpful. I currently use it for workouts and it is amazing, so would be interested in your thoughts?

Perhaps Chris or the Biotest people have theories or thoughts on it too?[/quote]

money.I’m coming back from having shoulder surgery and have been taking in MAG-10 like It’s my job.I would love to hear Chris chime in on this cause I feel like it has been a life savor for me.I have always used it for pulsing and post w/out forever but really kicked it up in high gear post surgery and I feel like it has helped me a ton with the healing process.

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

Perhaps Chris or the Biotest people have theories or thoughts on it too?[/quote]

money.I’m coming back from having shoulder surgery and have been taking in MAG-10 like It’s my job.I would love to hear Chris chime in on this cause I feel like it has been a life savor for me.I have always used it for pulsing and post w/out forever but really kicked it up in high gear post surgery and I feel like it has helped me a ton with the healing process. [/quote]

That’s good to hear that you think it’s been helpful, will probably start pulsing this and some BCAAs tomorrow. What kind of dosing you been using?

[quote]money24 wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

money.I’m coming back from having shoulder surgery and have been taking in MAG-10 like It’s my job.I would love to hear Chris chime in on this cause I feel like it has been a life savor for me.I have always used it for pulsing and post w/out forever but really kicked it up in high gear post surgery and I feel like it has helped me a ton with the healing process. [/quote]

That’s good to hear that you think it’s been helpful, will probably start pulsing this and some BCAAs tomorrow. What kind of dosing you been using?[/quote]

@money I’ve been taking in at least 6 to 8 servings a day.

I don’t know of any direct effect <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 has on healing from a science point of view, but plenty of people have used it during this time and have reported accelerated healing and no muscle loss from having to cut back on training.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I don’t know of any direct effect <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/MAG-10"target=“new”>MAG-10 has on healing from a science point of view, but plenty of people have used it during this time and have reported accelerated healing and no muscle loss from having to cut back on training. [/quote]

Thanks for chiming in Chris.This is exactly how I’ve felt about MAG-10 on my comeback trail.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I don’t know of any direct effect <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/MAG-10"target=“new”>MAG-10 has on healing from a science point of view, but plenty of people have used it during this time and have reported accelerated healing and no muscle loss from having to cut back on training. [/quote]

Thanks for stopping by Chris. I will be giving it a shot and will let you know how it goes. Right now thinking I’ll do 3 servings a day and see how I feel. Would love to hold onto as much as possible as training has been going awesome lately.

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

That’s good to hear that you think it’s been helpful, will probably start pulsing this and some BCAAs tomorrow. What kind of dosing you been using?[/quote]

@money I’ve been taking in at least 6 to 8 servings a day.[/quote]

Wow that’s a ton. I think I’ll start with 3 servings a day and go from there. Hope that shoulder is strong as ever in no time!

[quote]money24 wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

Wow that’s a ton. I think I’ll start with 3 servings a day and go from there. Hope that shoulder is strong as ever in no time![/quote]

Ya It’s a lot but in my case(surgery)It’s worth it in my opinion.Thanks for the kind words money,I’m on it!

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

Wow that’s a ton. I think I’ll start with 3 servings a day and go from there. Hope that shoulder is strong as ever in no time![/quote]

Ya It’s a lot but in my case(surgery)It’s worth it in my opinion.Thanks for the kind words money,I’m on it! [/quote]

6-8 servings of MAG-10 per day for muscle sparring and recovery purposes is money well spent.

[quote]Hip Scar wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]money24 wrote:

Ya It’s a lot but in my case(surgery)It’s worth it in my opinion.Thanks for the kind words money,I’m on it! [/quote]

6-8 servings of MAG-10 per day for muscle sparring and recovery purposes is money well spent.[/quote]

Ya Hip thanks for chiming in.I feel like it has made a huge difference.Looking amazing in that newer avi big guy.

I think that if you look at any improvements in your diet in terms of recovering from injuries or even surgeries that you will find a positive correlation. Even when you’re unable to train normally, your body is requiring more nutrients than “normal” to address the healing process. If anyone has access to Berardi’s PN text, there’s a section on how your caloric and nutrient needs ‘step up’ in such situations.

As such, obviously a high quality (and versatile) product like Mag-10 would provide benefits. I know that while my current diet may not always be as spot on as it was when I was destroying the weights like a mad man every evening, I rely on Mag-10 quite a bit to pick up the slack :slight_smile:

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I think that if you look at any improvements in your diet in terms of recovering from injuries or even surgeries that you will find a positive correlation. Even when you’re unable to train normally, your body is requiring more nutrients than “normal” to address the healing process. If anyone has access to Berardi’s PN text, there’s a section on how your caloric and nutrient needs ‘step up’ in such situations.

As such, obviously a high quality (and versatile) product like Mag10 would provide benefits. I know that while my current diet may not always be as spot on as it was when I was destroying the weights like a mad man every evening, I rely on Mag10 quite a bit to pick up the slack :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

That makes a ton of sense Stu,(nutrient intake)when wounded.I’m pretty in tune with my body and it’s as if my body was soaking up everything I took in for repair even though lifting was pretty much non existent.