Biotest

MAG-10 and Flying

Hey Chris,
I know you are someone who flies alot and you have mentioned sipping on MAG-10 throughout the day when healthy solid food options aren’t available at the airport. I would like to do this as someone who has to fly cross country to visit my folks a few times a year; however, I’m nervous about getting everything through customs. Would you be willing to shed some light on your method of getting the nalgene bottle+powder+liquid flavoring past security?

Perhaps it’s presumptuous of me, but I think this might make a good Spill topic! =)

Well, you don’t go through customs unless you leave the US.

If you just mean the usual TSA stuff, I’ve never, not once in 12 years of frequent flying, been questioned about my baggies of pills and powders.

I just pack my flavoring, a shaker bottle, and either a small tub (like an old Superfood container) or baggies of MAG-10. You just buy water or find a fountain once you get past security.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Well, you don’t go through customs unless you leave the US.

If you just mean the usual TSA stuff, I’ve never, not once in 12 years of frequent flying, been questioned about my baggies of pills and powders.

I just pack my flavoring, a shaker bottle, and either a small tub (like an old Superfood container) or baggies of MAG-10. You just buy water or find a fountain once you get past security.

[/quote]

Haha…that was a typo. I meant security. Thanks for the input.

Do you use the liquid flavoring that we get with the MAG-10? If so, do you have to make sure it’s a sealed bottle?

The Intensified Liquid Flavoring System bottles are a touch over 3 ounces, but they always make it through. I usually start with a sealed one in a baggie, yes. But open is fine. You have to pull it out of your carry-on when going through security, send it through in a plastic baggie, as with all small liquids, but it’s cool.

I have a pic I took at the DFW airport with all my MAG-10 stuff laid out, but I can’t seem to find it.