Biotest

Maca and Indigo-3G

Hi,

I want to start using maca and was wondering if it would interfere w/ Indigo-3G.

What you want to avoid is quercetin and other compounds like anthocyanins and anthocyanidins. You’ll have to check to see if other supplements we don’t make fall into that category.

Thanks Chris,

OK, I did some checking and maca should be good to go. Turns out cyanidin, quercetin, anthocyanins and anthocyanidins are all related. So I suppose the reason to avoid them is so they don’t compete against one another?

Just so you know, maca is a food, not a supp. Kinda like chia and quinoa. Except for some individual vitamins I only use Biotest supps.

Here is a little info:

…Several research studies have shown that Black Maca has unique properties:

-A 2009 study in Peru found Black Maca to be the best for increasing sperm count and motility as well as for boosting male libido. 
-A study from 2013 reported that Black Maca has a positive effect on spermatogenesis (the formation of sperm cells). 
-A Swiss study from 2010 showed Black Maca to excel at protecting bone structure and preventing osteoporosis.
-2 studies from China in 2006 and 2011 found Black Maca to be superior for increasing memory, concentration and learning skills.  
-A UK study from 2011 found that Black Maca supported the most rapid muscle growth and endurance of all varieties of Maca.    

Based on this research and our experience with Black Maca we recommend it for:

-Men wishing to increase their fertility (women should try Red Maca for fertility)
-Men and women wishing to boost their libido
-Athletes, both men and women, looking for extra stamina and strength
-Anyone looking to improve memory, concentration and focus skills with Maca
-All people taking Maca to improve their bone strength and density

-Men wishing to increase their fertility (women should try Red Maca for fertility)
-Men and women wishing to boost their libido
-Athletes, both men and women, looking for extra stamina and strength
-Anyone looking to improve memory, concentration and focus skills with Maca
-All people taking Maca to improve their bone strength and density

Here is the site I’ve been looking at if your interested: raworganicmaca.info/

@steve: assuming you started using maca back in oCtober when you started this thread, what Do you think of maca and it’s reported effects?

Never assume. I just started a maintenance dose of Indigo-3G so now that $$$ will go toward the maca. I’ll let you know.

[quote]steveffcft wrote:
Never assume. I just started a maintenance dose of Indigo-3G so now that $$$ will go toward the maca. I’ll let you know.[/quote]

Haha ok thanks, so what did you think of Indigo-3G?

Steve, in case you didn’t know, raw maca gives some people severe GI issues. It is unheard of in Peru to consume raw maca. It would be like eating raw flour here. I’d suggest gelatinized maca. It just means it’s been heated and the compounds that cause the GI issues are negated through heating. From what I understand, the heating does not negatively affect the health benefits.