Biotest

M-Audio84 vs V-Diet

Hi ALL.
My name is Martin and I’m 26 years old. I work as a waiter and I go to school. I’m a big fan soccer and basketball. I used to play but I got injured, so I concentrated on weight lifting. I’ve been working out for about 3 years now. I have a pretty good and healthy eating habit but sometimes I slip and eat a lot. I also drink too much. I’ve decided to do velocity diet because I’m unhappy with my body. I was close to getting really ripped about 1 year ago but I slipped, started eating bad and drinking. Now I want to get really cut.I never tried any diet but I have a strong character and I know that with right support from you I can finish this diet. I will start on Monday 3.29.10.

Here are my Measurements:

Height - 6’1"
Weight - 196bs
BF: 18.6%
Neck - 16.5
Shoulders - Dunno"
Chest - 42"
Waist - at Navel - 37"
Waist - at largest - 36.5"
Hips - at largest - 38
Upper Arm - L - 15.5
Upper Arm - R - 14.75
Upper Leg - L - 25.5
Upper Leg - R - 24
Lower Leg - L - 16.5
Lower Leg - R - 16.5
Ankle - L - 10.5
Ankle - R - 10.5

What means did you use to test your 18.6% BF? You look much leaner than that IMO. Good luck though!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
What means did you use to test your 18.6% BF? You look much leaner than that IMO. Good luck though![/quote]

Thanks for the encouregment.

I used Accu-Measure device that I bought of Ebay. I think I measured correctly.

I have few questions regarding V-Diet. Since English is not my first language few things are not 100% clear to me. If anyone could clarify them to me.

1. According to V-Diet calculations a guy like me, who weights 195lbs should consume 1,485 calories on NON-WORKOUT day and 1,815 calories on WORKOUT day. But the schedule for what and when should I eat is exactly the same for every day. I’m confused. Does the difference come from SURGE Recovery drink?

2. Also the exercises. For example I’ll be doing Intermediate Training and according to the plan I have to do a total of 20 reps for each( EX for first day :Front Squad, Chin Up, Dumber Press, Ab-Wheel). I don’t get how should I do them.

Should I do squats first with 30 sec rest, then get few minutes of rest before Chin Up? Or should I do 30 sec between each? Also I don’t fully understand the concept of RM. I found out it means Repetition Maximum, but what does that mean?

Thank you in advance. I’ll post more questions/concerns once all of my supplements arrive.

Yes. Surge adds APPROXIMATELY that may calories. Don’t pay attention to the “goal calories”, as they will probably be slightly off (due to the scoop sizes). Just go by the meal plan instructions (x amounts of scoops y times per day). Surge is only on your weight training workouts (not V-Burn) so just have two scoops there after your workout.

[quote]
2) Also the exercises. For example I’ll be doing Intermediate Training and according to the plan I have to do a total of 20 reps for each( EX for first day :Front Squad, Chin Up, Dumber Press, Ab-Wheel). I don’t get how should I do them.

Should I do squats first with 30 sec rest, then get few minutes of rest before Chin Up? Or should I do 30 sec between each? [/quote]

Rest as little as possible when moving from one exercise to the next. It will probably take you longer than the prescribed rest time to strip the bar, add weight to new bar, move, etc., but try to get as close as possible to that timing.

[quote]
Also I don’t fully understand the concept of RM. I found out it means Repetition Maximum, but what does that mean? [/quote]

For a 5RM, keep adding weight onto the bar until you can ONLY do 5 reps with good form and explosive bar speed. If you have been training for a while, you will have a good approximation of your 5RM. If not, play around with the weights. The goal is to select a weight that you can ONLY move for 4-5 RM (or 8-9RM for Wednesday/Friday workouts) on your first set. If you can do more than 5, then you need to add weight, if you can’t do 4, you need to take off weight.

Cheers

[quote]M-Audio84 wrote:
I used Accu-Measure device that I bought of Ebay. I think I measured correctly.[/quote]

This thing:

http://www.amazon.com/Accu-Measure-Fitness-3000-Personal-Tester/dp/B000G7YW74

?

Or did you get the digital?

The link is what I have, and my g/f is a personal trainer and tested me at like 19%. You can see from my pictures that I am much fatter than you. Which is why I thought you were much less than 18.6%.

M-audio…yeah you’re not too far off, with this bad boy you’re gonna be knocking back the ladies with a stick…might help get more tips too :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard.

Ok. so my supplements arrived. Superfood got back ordered, but I still have 1/2 container left from some order. Ok here we go. V Day starts tomorrow 3.29.10 at 6 am. I got gym planned at 6:45 then work at 10, then training at another job at 5:30. Will be a long day. I hope those shake can keep me going. BTW can I drink water when I get really super hungry?

PS. I’m having some pork chops and Port wine. Good bye solid food, welcome 6 pack abs.
PS1. I NEED ALL THE SUPPORT I CAN GET. MY GF told me I’m crazy spending 500$ on diet. PROVE HER WRONG. V Diet here I COME!!!

Health costs money. Once you’re eating clean, it will also cost time: prep cooking. She can come along for the ride (ha, ha!) or not.

Congratulations making the leap and good luck. I haven’t lost the weight expected (day 18), but the measurements have improved dramatically.

One thing I learned in the last 2.5 weeks is not to justify myself. Everyone is an expert and everyone thinks you’re an idiot as they fill their keg with pizza and beer. Do your thing and let them to theirs.

Day 1!

Started V-Diet today. I woke up later then I expected due to EXCESSIVE ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION night before( Btw It’s a bad idea to drink before launching V-Diet:). Anyways, I drank 4 out of 5 shakes. I still have one more to go before bed. Today at work( I work at a french restaurant) chef surprised everyone and made some great chicken breasts. Everyone was fighting to get some, so once I said I’m not gonna eat, they thought I’m crazy or something. I didn’t have any serious cravings, sometimes a little so I drank some water and was ok. I also chewed Green Tea Unsweetened chewing gum which helped me a lot.

My workout:

Front Squat (50Lbs) 10/10 ( I have a knee problem and I cant really do 4-5RM)
Chin Up 5/3/2/4/5
Dumbbell Bench Press(70 lbs) 10/6/4
Ab-Wheel Rollout 8/4/4/4

Dude, sweet underoos. I was issued some brown ones in OSUT and walked around in those things like a proud peacock. The fact that I was so at ease strutting around in those things really made some guys uncomfortable, which just made it funnier.

Anyway, I’m intrigued by the gum…might have to look into it

Day 2!

Day Two of V-Diet is almost over. It was a though day and the weather was really bad. Was raining all day and since it’s my day off I stayed at home almost all day. I had cravings but didn’t eat anything.

Since I’m the biggest soccer fan I couldn’t miss Champions League’s Quarterfinals. I don’t have soccer channel so I decided to go to the bar. I know what you are thinking but because I love soccer I had no choice. I know no alcohol is allowed on V-Diet, but I had to order something. So I had one NON-ALCOHOLIC BEER ( Odoul’s, which tasted like piss). I don’t think it’s such a big deal and I hope it won’t affect the outcome of my diet.

In the evening I went to the gym and did 40 mins on a treadmill on 5.0 incline and 3.5 speed.

I’ll have one more shake before bed.

Day 3 here I come…

Wait a minute. You are on Day 2 and have already cheated for no apparent reason whatsoever? What is wrong with having, I dunno, say WATER at the bar? Are you really so much of a sheep that you let others make you drink? That is pathetic.

Your girlfriend was right. If I were you, I’d just fucking quit.

M-Audio… you didn’t?

Well tomorrow is a new day-- stick to the protocol and fly through this thing with me. Don’t cheat again!( yes the o’doul’s is cheating)

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 bottle
Amount per Serving
Calories 70 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 15g 5%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 1g 2%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 0.0% Carbs 85.7%
Protein 5.7%

A 70 calorie (85.7% of those are CARBS) deviation, when you’re only consuming around 1500, is a clear violation. You obviously don’t understand this on a conceptual level.

You failed. You failed because you’re either 1) weak-willed and have no heart 2) Too lazy to read through the protocol and UNDERSTAND IT, or 3) a combination thereof.

It’s unsat. Fuckin’ NO-GO.

Oh crap!!! What should I do now? It’s obviously my fault but I thought this would be the least evil thing. I guess I should ask questions first then act. My fault and thank you for all the harsh words, cause I think I needed those to snap out of thinking that this diet is not too hard and that I can do few “shortcuts”. Anyway, day 3 of it started and I’m sticking to the plan. Just had me some Hot-Roxx then Ill drink 1st shake and hit the gym.

PS. Can I add Crystal Light to my water if I get really hungry, to kill the cravings?

No, it has calories. Don’t you see on the box it says low calories? Stop trying to take the easy road.
What don’t you understand about: Water and Tea. Not Odouls and Crystal Light.

All right. No problem. The Odoul’s was a one time thing only as for Crystal Light I didn’t drink it yet so it’s ok. BTW @ VTBalla34, I’m not fuckin quitting.

OK. No more BS. Did my workout hour ago and now I’m sipping on iced tea. 0 callories, 0 sugar. That’s the way to go. Sorry for cheating.

Day 3!

100% Compliant.

Day Three of V-Diet was actually the easiest of out first three days. I took all my nutrition and didn’t have any serious cravings.

My Workout

Reverse Lunge @ 40lbs 9/9/9/8
Bent-over Row - barbell @ 50lbs 9/8/8/7/8
Push Press @ 50 lbs 9/9/9/8
Barbell Curl @ 30 lbs 9/7/6/8
Reverse Crunch 10/10/5/5/6

Day 4 already started, it’s nice outside so for NEPA I will go for a walk.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.