Biotest

Lost 6.5 lbs. in 6 Days

today was day 6 for me. up until today, I have had few real challenges. I have completed the daily workouts,including the nepa, and have followed the diet exactly. anypassing food thoughts I was able to quickly dispell. Today, however, is a different story. Not sure if it’s cuz it’s the weekend, or what, but I have had a HARD time not eating solid food. keeping up to the hour on my shakes has been keeping me in check, but I did eat some hummus while the kids were eating it. But I drew myself up short, and it’s NO MORE FOOD!!! Going to do my first v-burn challenge tomorrow, and as of yesterday I had lost 6.5 pounds. YAHOOO!!

if anyone is out there reading this, I really need some encouragement. I know I’ve only got 3 weeks to go, but today it feels like a lifetime, and I’m feeling a little desperate. This goes back to the fact that my whole life food had meant so much to me.

I love the V-Diet cuz it’s the next step in my journey of killing my food addiction and building beautiful muscles.I have muscles showing this week that have never shown in my life. SO COOL!!!

I’m going to bed now so I don’t eat anything, and I’m taking my shake powder upstairs with me so I can have a shake even before I go downstairs. I’m expecting this to keep my food cravings at bay. If it doesn’t work, I may have to put my snowpants on and live outside all day toa void eating solid food.

Posts Not Showing & Head Hunger
  1. The weekend can bring new challenges. So much of what we think is hunger is actually habit. And weekends usually mean more time to eat and more opportunities to eat out, eat socially, etc. It can be a challenge, but recognition is a powerful tool you’ll use the rest of your life. You’ll soon be able to ask, “Am I hungry? Do I need nourishment? Or is this just a craving, a habit, social pressure, or mindless eating rather than mindful eating?” Knowing the difference is crucial.

2. Are you having your HSM this weekend? A little hummus would have been okay with that.

3. Great work so far! Keep us posted!

[quote]powermerrie wrote:
if anyone is out there reading this, I really need some encouragement. [/quote]

A few thoughts:

1- Drink liquids. LOTS of them. Set a timer and every hour after a shake, have 16-24 oz of water, tea, zero carb flavored water.

2- Get busy. I can’t believe I’m suggesting this considering you hwave, what, 7 kids? Get a list of projects to work on. Something that’s really engaging. Find a book to read. Find something to do that takes your full attention. Even those who eat a lot don’t think about food when they’re at a conference, or out of their usual element.

3- Take note of your triggers… what’ making you think about food? Make a list of them, and then eliminate them.

4- Is everyone on board with you at home? Can your older kids take care of meal prep? Is your husband supportive?

5- ALWAYS wait 20 minutes after your shake to prepare meals. Nobody eats until you do, and you don’t start the cooking process until after you feel full.

6- Every time you start falling into this pattern, break your state. Walk up and down the stairs 3 times, get a jump rope and do 100 reps, jump on a mini-trampoline. take a 5-10 minute walk outside.

7- Get mean with yourself. Take off your clothes, stand in front of the mirror. Is THAT how you want to look for the rest of your life? Seriously? Is your physique a testament to the power of the insatiable, all-encompassing, gag reflex-suppressing male sex drive? Is the person in the mirror desirable? [By the way, I don’t think you’ve posted your photos. Man up and put them up… believe me, that’s good for at least a good day or two… make sure to look at them every time you check or post to your log.] Aren’t you fat enough already? Do you have to gain yet another 40-50 pounds from here… then will you be ready to toughen up? Of courese, you’ll have more work to do then… hope it’s easier next round.

8- Seriously, this is just 28 days. If you don’t have the self-control to handle yourself, what does that say about you, personally? is this the kind of example you want to set for your children? Or are you teaching them by showing them what not to do? I’m wondering if your constant over-feeding is something you do to reward yourself for all the other areas of your life where you’ve done so well. Can’t you think of some other way to pamper yourself?

9- Book a massage. Between the commute, waiting time, etc., that should kill about 2 hours of free time… more time it will be difficult to eat.

10- Also, how much mileage are you getting out of being fat? Is it your favorite, “Poor me / ain’t it awful” story that you’re constantly bringing up? Do you get laughs from self-deriding jokes? Do you get sympathy points for being overweight? Are you obsessed with “it’s the person inside that counts” arguments?

11- How much of your identity is now tied into being a fat person? I know it’s “normal” for you, but is that who you want to be from here on out?

12- Google EFT “Emotional Freedome Technique.” it’s a great state changer and it may ward off those cravings enough so you can get past them.

13- Perhaps most importantly, what are your reasons for doing this? What is your goal for this process? Why is that important to you? What will reaching that goal do for you? Are these good reasons? Do you need better reasons? I suggest you write out PRECISELY why you’re doing this, what your reasons are and strengthen them or think of others if they’re not strong enough.

14- So… you’re okay with blowing the 500 bucks you spent on this stuff? Go to the ATM, pull out $500, and then take a lighter to it… do it in front of your husband and children, because that’s what you’re telling me you want to do. You want to throw away what you’ve invested so far because you want to mindlessly stuff your face, as is your habit.

15- What’s the alternative? What happens if you quit? Then what? What will you “try” next for 6 days? Do you think an incremental approach will actually work for you? Has it ever worked before? Will a hazy program of “I’m going to start eating better” REALLY fix what’s wrong here?

16- One of the best ways to feel support is to support someone else in something that they’re trying to do. Find someone you can help. Pack your shake before you go.

I don’t know you personally, so maybe some of this is doesn’t apply to you, or won’t be helpful. But take a good hard look and see what’s interesting, or what stings. Wrapping up week 3 myself, I’ve seen, heard and felt the benefits. I’d like to see you succeed with this, so you can experience the benefits, too. But nobody can do it for you, and nobody can motivate you over the long haul. You have to find out what makes you tick, and learn how to press your own buttons. Learning how to contorl, motivate and manipulate yourself is a key to superior living. There’s a method that will work for you, but the question is, are you wiling to do the work to find it?

Doing that work is just one of the many benefits of doing this program.

if anyone is out there reading this, I really need some encouragement. You have to find out what makes you tick, and learn how to press your own buttons. Learning how to contorl, motivate and manipulate yourself is a key to superior living. There’s a method that will work for you, but the question is, are you wiling to do the work to find it?

Doing that work is just one of the many benefits of doing this program. [/quote]

I agree 100%. That’s why I want to do this program to find myself before it’s too late. It’s only beginning to a beautiful life!

I finally just read this. wow, reactiontm. You nailed me on many counts, and I receive everything you said. I am going to print out what you said, and go step by step through it the next time I struggle. almost every point you made stung a little or a lot, and it’s what I need. straight talk that makes me really consider my actions. You should be a weight loss coach or something! you’re so good with telling the truth, you could actually make a business out of it!!

thank you. Tomorrow starts week 3 for me, and I’m excited.

as for no pics being up, that’s just cuz I’m electronically challenged and am waiting for my daughter to put up the pics for me. I’ll prolly blow up the computer if I try to connect the camera to the whatever.

thank you for the verbal beating. I needed it.

I knew it was harsh, but you were off to a good start and
too many of these logs start all gung-ho and then peter out.

When I ask for help, the last thing I want is s bs’er who
just tells me “everything’s going to be fine.”

That’s about as helpful as the people who told me “You aren’t fat!”

I figured there was enough on that list that you’d find something useful.

Four weeks of “torture” beats another year of obesity.

Focus on what works and finish this thing.