Biotest

Loss of Lean Body Mass with V-Diet

Chris,

I got a hydrostatic dunk test pre V-Diet and then again now 25 days in. The results were interesting. I lost a total of 13.0 lbs, however 5.7 lbs were lean body mass and 7.3 lbs was fat. My body fat went from 18.8% down to 16.3%.

I did the workouts exactly as they were laid out. I even skipped two due to stomach issues. I didn’t cheat. I hit all of my shakes.

Any thoughts? That seems like a lot of muscle to lose, especially for a diet that is supposed to maintain muscle.

thanks

[quote]norcalad wrote:
Chris,

I got a hydrostatic dunk test pre V-Diet and then again now 25 days in.[/quote]

My name is also Chris so I will pipe in:

So 25 days in I am assuming you are still on the V-Diet?

Your muscle glycogen tanks are down to fumes. You have lost 5 lbs LBM due to muscle deflation.

Retest 2-3 days after you have returned to maintenance calories and you will find most of that “muscle loss” was actually an illusion due to empty glycogen stores.

ElbowStrike

I agree with the above poster. Weight training with a higher protein/amino diet, protective carbs after training, and no cardio will simply not cause muscle loss. It’s the testing method that’s the issue. Even “dunking” can be very off. Measurements and pics: only way to really judge body comp.