Biotest

Loose Skin

Chris,
i recently read your article about ffbs. i believe i could count myself as one. as a child i was over weight until the age of 16. now at 19 its all gone and have managed to get down to a sub 10 percent bf, almost year round. however i realise i seem to have these pockets you talk about, mainly abdomen.
what im wondering is, did i lose the weight early enough to give allow my skin to tighten or did i leave it to late?

It’s no so much about losing weight as it is getting fat quickly or staying fat for a long while. It’s not the weight loss the causes stretched skin; it’s the fattening process, in other words. (Just clearing that up; many people get confused there.)

Much seems to be genetic. Think of pregnant women: some have their babies and pop right back into shape, and some require surgery to remove the excess/stretched skin (not fat).

All you can do is get lean and see what’s there. One trick used by plastic surgeons is to bend at the waist while standing up and look at your hanging skin. It’s pretty easy to tell if it’s fat or stretched skin from that angle.

But, generally speaking, I don’t think there’s a lot of “tightening” going on once the damage is done.

i see, ye i use the callipers, ala Poliquin… and have struggled to get the abdomen site below 11 percent whereas the rest of my body allows the fat to fall off! maybe its just back to the old friend cortisol. time will tell i suppose!
thanks again!

I’m in somewhat the same boat, though not quite there, I can still tell it’s fat :wink:

I saw this sucess story over at Mark’s Daily Apple, Dave seems to have “tightened up” quite well,

[quote]nateschmidt24 wrote:
I’m in somewhat the same boat, though not quite there, I can still tell it’s fat :wink:

I saw this sucess story over at Mark’s Daily Apple, Dave seems to have “tightened up” quite well,

[/quote]

Greats results on that guy, no doubt, but tough call on the skin issues. A hands in the air posture would makes that hard to see.

Some weight loss TV ads use the old duct tape trick: tape up skin on the back to tighten it on the front. It’s a “duct tape tummy tuck.”