Biotest

Looking Good for Halloween

I’m getting ready to start my v diet experience. I’ve used V diet shakes as meal replacements for a long time ,but I am ready to do the full blown V diet.

I am sticking with the prescribed V diet 3.0 protocol and adding in creatine and beta alanine as needed. I also like to start my mornings with some taurine to help me focus at work. I;m active duty military so Ill have to do some early morning cardio. I PT on my own most days (read go to the gym) but 1-2 days a week is a moderate run in groups based on running pace. I’ll just jump down to a slower group so I’m not pushing it.

For training I’m torn between keeping up with my 5/3/1 routine and just taking the 3 day a week option, or doing the normal v diet workouts. I’d appreciate anyones input here.

While I’m waiting for my shipment I’m getting rid of all the food at my place and snacks at the office.

One thing Im curius is right about the time I’ll have transitioned completely off the diet I have an PT test. I wonder how Ill do without much running over the next 6 weeks ,but atleast I won’t have to be measured for body fat afterward.

Another question… Ill be working out first thing in the morning and having my surge for breakfast. How long should I give it before I have my first actualy V diet shake? and does anyone have any tips on containers to store you meals in. I’ve been using peanut butter jars that I washed out…

Halloween Results

[quote]DeadliftDave wrote:
I’m getting ready to start my v diet experience. I’ve used V diet shakes as meal replacements for a long time ,but I am ready to do the full blown V diet.

I am sticking with the prescribed V diet 3.0 protocol and adding in creatine and beta alanine as needed. I also like to start my mornings with some taurine to help me focus at work. I;m active duty military so Ill have to do some early morning cardio. I PT on my own most days (read go to the gym) but 1-2 days a week is a moderate run in groups based on running pace. I’ll just jump down to a slower group so I’m not pushing it.

For training I’m torn between keeping up with my 5/3/1 routine and just taking the 3 day a week option, or doing the normal v diet workouts. I’d appreciate anyones input here.

While I’m waiting for my shipment I’m getting rid of all the food at my place and snacks at the office.

One thing Im curius is right about the time I’ll have transitioned completely off the diet I have an PT test. I wonder how Ill do without much running over the next 6 weeks ,but atleast I won’t have to be measured for body fat afterward.

Another question… Ill be working out first thing in the morning and having my surge for breakfast. How long should I give it before I have my first actualy V diet shake? and does anyone have any tips on containers to store you meals in. I’ve been using peanut butter jars that I washed out…[/quote]

1. Try the V-Diet workouts. They’re specially designed to maximize the benefits of the diet. And they’re damn tough if followed to the “T”.

2. Fat loss is the ultimate performance booster. So even if you aren’t running a lot, you’ll do better on your running tests.

3. Best not have at least half a shake before lifting weights. Weight training in a fasted state = not a good idea. As or your question, 30-60 minutes will do.

4. Shaker bottles, or get a travel blender for work if that’s feasible.

Thanks for the quick response Cant wait to get started

Get some ziploc or similar sandwich size bags, and a magic bullet. Then build your shakes in the bags, and just pour them into the bullet cup, add water, blend and enjoy. I figured this out at the end of week 2, and it has been a lifesaver. Also get a small tupperware container for your nut butter, if your last shake will be at work and you don’t have a fridge.

As for working out first thing in the morning, have a single scoop of MD before you leave the house and then Surge during your workout and 30 or so minutes later blend the rest of your first shake with Flameout. This works well. It gives you a shot of energy for the gym.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you!

Ive seen a few people start the V-Diet sticking to their 5-3-1 plan…I haven’t seen a single one complete it…that should be telling

I was on 5-3-1 before my 2nd round of V-Diet and was considering staying with it as well…I decided to go with the V-Diet workouts, again, and didn’t regret it at all…sure my strength took a bit of a hit during the 6 week period (low carbs/cals tends to do that), but I was setting new PR’s my first week back on 5-3-1 after completing the diet, and was 20 lbs lighter to boot…

Just my .02

Thanks for the input guys. I’ve heard that blending your shakes if way better than just using the shaker cup. Ill give it a try.

Ive been lifting for a few years and tried lots of workouts and programs here on T Nation with a lot of success. I recently finished a military school where I had no access to weight training for 5-6 months. Ive been following the 5/3/1 triumvirate routine trying to get back into shape.

I am taking everyones advice and following the V diet 3.0 workout plan. Normally I would consider myself intermediate - advanced lifter ,but Ive been out of the gym and out of shape for a few months. So which workout plan should I put myself in I was thinking beginner or intermediate?

intermediate

intermediate program will be perfect for you & make sure you follow the rest/rep/sets to a “t”. Bring a timer with you and follow the rest period,I promise you will be sucking thru your teeth by the end of your workouts. ENJOY!!!

Biotest shipment arrived… Its an awesome experience when you open the box. Ordered Milled flax seed from an online source and it looks like itll take a few days. Im planning on starting on monday. I’m really excited and pissed off at myself for the shape Im in and decisions Ive made with my body lately.

Can someone check my math on the V-Diet calculator. I’m 23 male and 220lbs. The prescribed diet adds an additional 2 scoops to each day for the first four weeks (split between first and last shake). My problem is that even assuming all shakes are just 2 scoops throughout the transition weeks, I still come up short on Metabolic Drive. The order plan automatically adds it up to 12 bottles but by my calculations I would need atleast 14?

Your math is probably right…The calculator gives you enough to get through the 4 week phase and some of transition, but not at all…you will have to make another order after the 4 weeks to get through a strict transition…I have always found that frustrating, but I buy a shitload of Biotest supps anyway so it doesnt really affect me all that much…

Ok thanks this is my first experience with actual Biotest products so Im very excited. My order came very quickly so when I start running low Ill just order another round of what I need. Looks like most of it will make it thru a decent transition except for the Metabolic Drive or the Superfood. Ill need to reorder those part way thru. Ill probly be looking to try out Surge Work Out Fuel after the V-Diet anyway. And who cant use a few more bottles of Flameout and Metabolic Drive around anyway.

Day 1/28:

Started V-diet today and finished day 1. I prepped my meals last night and stored everything I needed in a little backpack that I took with me to work. I followed the diet to a “T” . I had my first workout about 2 hours after my breakfast shake. I am on the intermediate workout, and it went really well. I carried a stopwatch around with me and kept to the prescribed rest periods. I had to go to the store today so I parked as far away as possible for a little extra NEPA. I finishd my last shake of the day (chocolate with the peanut butter blended with ice) , and I finished my NEPA walk. I didn’t realize how I hooked I was on eating for reasons other than hunger.

At the office anytime I got bored, stressed, or saw anyone eat, I wanted to snack. I also forgot how bad I had gotten at taking the easy food choice versus the healthy one, as I was craving junk all day. The only additions I made were one cup black coffee, crystal lite, creatine, beta alanine, and taurine. A little calorie free pink lemonade can really help a sweet craving. Well Im about to shower then take my day 1 photos. I’ll post them when I start looking more like an “after” photo than a “before”. BTW banana Metabolic Drive is awesome, I almost wish I would have just ordered a dozen tubs of that flavor.

V-Diet smoothie recipe:

1 scoop banana MD
1 scoop strawberry MD
some mango/citrus chrystal lite
and a lot of ice

Made a very nice fruit flavored smoothie.

2/28

Good day on V-Diet had some cravings but I am still going strong.

My goal for the V-Diet is to obvously lose a lot of fat ,but I think the mental discipline that can be gained is huge. I have devoloped many bad habits associated with food, and its time to break those habits and get back on track with good ones. I let myself get completely out of shape, so I have a long way to go towards getting back in shape. I think the NEPA walks and V burn challenges will keep me ready for my PT test coming up. Getting back in the gym will help me have some more noticable muscle under the fat I’m about to lose. Im excited and Im glad to be back on the right track. Today my mood went down hill and I had a lot of cravings and hunger going on , but I was able to work around and dodge any problems that a few weeks ago I would have had no willpower to overcome. Its only been two days into the diet , but for me its been 10 meals in the right direction. I haven’t been able to say I was doing that for a while.

4/28:

I had some bad cravings today. I know its only a mental thing and I’m holding out. For alot of the past couple days Ive felt bad. Its almost like I was hung over most of the time. I slept a few extra hours last night and woke up feeling great. Except for the cravings, I have felt awesome all day. My joints feel good and Ive had alot more energy.

One big motivation is I have visible results already. When I look in the mirror, or put on my pants, I can already notice a nice change. I have been using HOT-ROX sparingly but over the next few days I am going to progress to a full recommended dosage. I’m excited to see more weight loss. With the additional HOT-ROX I think it will help the cravings and prevent the dreaded week 2 stall out. I know my tastes are already changing because even the Superfood is starting to taste like a treat. For anyone starting the V-Diet I know for me atleast starting was hell and it only seems to get better. well 1/7th of V-Diet is complete.

5/28:

Today was the first day I didn’t get distracting cravings and hunger pangs. Im losing my desire to eat crappy food. Its a good day.

To anyone needing motivation on the V diet, get online and read some of the posts in the V life section they are always a good help to me.

6/28:
Getting close to the first week done. Planning the HSM now. Did my first V burn challenge. It was tough. I had done them before when not dieting,but doing them on the V diet is a whole different animal. It took me about 4 times longer than I had anticipated. It was very rewarding I’ve looked and felt great all day. Im really getting some visible results that are motivating, but there is a lot to go. Today was also my first day of a full dose of HOT-ROX two times a day. It crushed any craving/hunger pangs and gave me a ton of energy. I have felt great all day and almost too energetic. Im hoping being on the full dose will cause more results and push my metabolism as I get ready for week 2. The mental part of the diet was the easiest so far, but Im starting to get tired of the flavors Ive been using. Luckily I didnt start the diet by opening all the flavors at once, so I can work in some variety as I open another flavor tomorow. Might be a good tip for any V-Diet newcomers.

7/28:

1/4th done complete week one. I have a lot of temptations this weekend to cheat and go out partying ,but Ive already made up my mind to do this diet so Ill have to wait on the celebrations. Today when I woke up I saw the best visual results yet. I have lost 9lbs scale weight. I have some loose skin at the bottom of my abdomen tho. Its not really noticable ,but its a good sign Im losing fat.

10/28:
Well into week two. the shakes are tasting alot better for some reason. I was completely out of shape when I started and despite the low carb/calories Im making good progress in the gym and feeling fitter. My week one HSM was chicken fajitas I used peppers mushrooms and onions and the lowest carb tortillas I could find. I topped them with a fresh avacado and left out the cheese, sourcream, and beans. One tip for HSMs, don’t overdo the spices because your system wont be ready for them. I went to a promotion party and a farewell party this weekend, and both parties had a ton of food and alcohol that all looked great. I took my bag full of premeasured shakes and held fast. Still had a great time too. I got a few crazy looks the first few days ,but for the most part people seem somewhat interested in the diet. Everyone seems ok with it. Maybe its the people I surround myself with, because I hear stories from other people who seem like they are outcast for doing something like this. Ive been thinking alot about Post V diet. I think Ill go back to 5/3/1 and pair it with carb cycling. I loved carb cycling last time I did it and fell out of the habit over the holidays. I think Im also going to start cutting out grains including alcohol. Ill probly leave in tortillas because I love Mexican food. And Im going to stick to red wine when I feel like a drink. there was an old hammer post about eating 4lbs of veggies a day. I tried the challenge and eventually settled on 2lbs of veggies everyday substituting in beans as necessary depending on my carb goals. I think Ill go back to that.

It makes the carb cycling easy if you have a ton of veggies with everymeal and you replace the appropriate amount of veggies with beans to up your carb count. then you just mix in some lean meat and spice appropriately. I read the article that was on the homepage the other day about using whole foods for extra calories. I was always so used to using lean meats I forgot there were any other kinds. I think Ill used fattier cuts of meat for protein on low carb days to balance out the calories. Im getting excited about cooking and pre preparing all of my meals again. I see it as a challenge to make out a few days worth of food and come up with the appropriate proportions of macro nutrients.

11/28:

Results are good Im seeing my upper body seem bigger mostly because Im getting in better shape and losing some fat. Really having some rough cravings. I havent had any for a few days ,but my appetite is coming back furiously.