Biotest

Logging Season

here’s my log for the V-Diet. hoping it will keep me honest and on-track

i feel like i haven’t made any real progress in about two years, except i’ve put on about 15 kilos since my beginner’s gains finished. so it’s time to lose the excess baggage and get back on track.

as of day 0:

Height - 183cm
Weight - 83.6kg
Neck - 37 @ adam’s apple
Chest - 102 @ armpit
Waist - 91 @ Navel
Waist - 94 true
Hips - 98 over hipbone
Upper Arms - 35 flexed
Upper Leg - 60
Lower Leg - 39
Ankle - 24

just got home from a week of holidaying; food intake wasn’t too bad but i went from getting drunk twice a month to twice a day, so i’m feeling 100% ready for a change. my penance seems to be copping the flu due to my compromised immune system, but my Biotest boxes arrived whilst i was away so it’s full steam ahead monday morning. game on

day one

nepa: walking, plus ten minutes cycling to class

workout
front squats @ 65: 5 - 5 - 5 - 5
db bp @ 27.5: 5 - 5 - 5 - 3 - 2
assisted chinup @ 12: 5 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 2
ab wheel rollout: 5 - 5 - 5 - 5

diet: only extras were sudafed & some ginger tea for my cold

day one went great. was actually a relief to be drinking my meals as the sudafed has killed my appetite entirely. had to force down a small dinner on sunday night. workout was more intense than it appeared on paper. 30 second rests are brutal. haven’t done any ab wheeling before so that was fun to learn.

Triskele,
nice job, Day One down! Today was my day one too. Let’s rock the V Diet.

thanks man! onto day two

nepa: light cycling to class, walking in the evening

diet extras: black coffee and sudafed.

not sure if i prefer trying to mask the taste of leucine in the shake or just braving it on its own.
flu seems to be getting better. still not feeling too hungry, but a bit low in energy this afternoon. could also be my apathy to spending the morning in class and the afternoon doing assignments.
didn’t think the front squats would do much for me as my wrists normally give out way before my legs but my quads are pretty raw today.

day three

nepa: walked to class, cycled to gym

workout
lunges @ 20: 10 - 8 - 8 - 8 - 6
barbell row @ 45: 8 - 8 - 8 - 8 - 6 - 6
push press @ 35: 8x5
curl @ 30: 9 - 8 - 6 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5
crunch: 12 - 10 - 10 - 10

diet: black coffee, some bcaas at the gym
tapering down the sudafed

workout was tough. legs still pretty haggard from monday and almost gave out on me for a couple of sets. feel i went too light on the row and push press, will definitely have to up it next week. downed the surge in one solid chug when i was all done and almost lost it riding home
otherwise, on track.
everything smells incredibly delicious and yet i am not hungry. i can live with that

Triskele, nice Day 3 workout! And thanks for the extra water in the Surge tip: it was much better today. Who could be hungry with massive shakes to down?

good job so far, keep it up!

day four

nepa: cycle to class, cycle to gym

workout c:
deadlifts @ 225: 8 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 6 - 5
neutral grip db bp @ 22.5: 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 4
assisted neutral grip pullup @ 19: 10 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 4 - 4 - 4
hand walking - 5x8

diet: black coffee; bcaas at gym

thanks guys! i can see this getting tougher in the future balancing other (social/ family/ whatever) commitments but right now i’m enjoying this. possibly inordinately.
cold is almost gone; only had one dose of pseudo today. still, another day of no hunger at all.
had to do a back-to-back workout as the gym is closed friday. haven’t done lunges in a hot minute so my glutes felt like a stunt double in Oz. workout was sweaty but good.

day five

nepa: walked to the dentist, cycling

diet extras: black coffee, green tea

today was not the best. no motivation to do any work, and a dull headache from around midday onwards. gonna have to double-time it over the weekend to get my classwork done, but on track V-Diet-wise. the dentist dug a whole helluva lot of flax out of my teeth during the scale & polish. might go brush my teeth a second time

[quote]triskele wrote:
day five

…and a dull headache from around midday onwards…the dentist dug a whole helluva lot of flax out of my teeth during the scale & polish. might go brush my teeth a second time[/quote]

Hilarious about the flax: it’s everywhere! I have had similar headaches, taking advil. Read, I think in an old post from Chris S that it is common wit hwithdrawal from coffee, wheat, other possible foods in the beginning. I’m still drinking some coffee, so I’m thinking wheat…Carbonated water on ice and green tea is helping me…

day 6

nepa: swum laps with the girlfriend

diet: pulse fast + green tea

v-burn: 24 minutes

woke up feeling horrible. pulse fast didn’t help much, and went into the workout super nauseous. couldn’t do any more clap push-ups halfway through the second set, so swapped them for diamonds. felt great after the workout was done. still feeling good now
definitely hungry today. going to smash a steak tomorrow like nothing else.
hooner, i remember reading about the carb-crash/ v-diet flu. was hoping that having the real flu would render me immune to that. guess i’m not so tough after all

triskele,
tough enough to make it through Day 6 of the V-Diet. You’re doing great! Enjoy tomorrow’s HSM.

day 7

nepa: swimming & power walking in the pool

hsm: lamb & turkey & veg roast; green salad

thanks man! have had a pretty good day.
woke up feeling totally refreshed. yesterday was dire, today was great. didn’t even feel hungry leading up to the meal. had a curve-ball thrown at me, dinner with my girlfriend’s folks, but made it work. had roughly the meal i was planning on regardless. no beers and no wild sides.

weighed in at 80.8 so down a couple but mainly water-weight. measurements on the morrow

Great job, triskele. Onto Week 2!

day eight

nepa: cycled to the gym. walked to class

workout
front squats @ 65: 5 - 5 - 5 - 5
db bp @ 27.5: 5 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 3
assisted chinup @ 12: 6 - 5 - 5 - 3 - 3
ab wheel rollout: 5 - 5 - 5 - 5

diet: bcaas & green tea

last night after my post i actually stayed up til 5:30 doing an assignment. had a sugar-free energy drink and some extra green tea. was not in the best condition after 3 hours’ sleep on monday but gym work still went well. getting in the swing of the Shugart workout style.

day 9

nepa - walking walking walking

workout
lunges didn’t eventuate. right quad must’ve been overcooked yesterday on the squats and wouldn’t let me do anything today
barbell row @ 50: 8 - 7 - 5 x 5
push press @ 40: 3 x 8 - 3 x 6
curl @ 32.5: 10 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 5 - 5
crunch: 10 - 8 - 6 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 4

diet: bcaas & green tea

today was a breeze. spent all day in lectures so didn’t get a chance to think about anything else until it was gymtime (workout today as tomorrow is a public holiday, and my gym is closed). did the crunches on a decline bench this week and they kicked the shit out of me. not literally. barhopping tonight for a friend’s birthday.

day 9 down

nepa - went for a long brisk walk this evening

diet - on point

no issues with clubbing last night. same again for a bbq at my friend’s place during the day, and then homecoming drinks for housemates this evening. feeling good. cut back on the fatburners as i’ve had a few ‘cracked out’ phases, likely due to caffeine overdose

day ten

nepa: 40 mins of cycling, walked to the gym & (obviously) back

workout c:
deadlifts @ 225: 10 - 8 - 8 - 6 - 6 - 6
neutral grip db bp @ 22.5: 5x8
assisted neutral grip pullup @ 19: 10 - 8 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 4
hand walking - 5x8

diet: same as always

realised the bp was meant to be decline. whole lot easier this week; going to need to up the weight next week. otherwise, all on track. nepa was so good last night i figured i’d do a bit more today as well. planning the same for tomorrow

Nice job Triskele, 1/3 of the way through the V Diet!

good job! week 2 is where things get routine. you are used to the shakes, workouts etc. plus this is when the real fatloss starts happening. that will be exciting.