Biotest

Loftisra & Critter88 V-Diet Log

Hello everyone!

This log will be a little different. Critter88 and I(Loftisra) have decided to share a log, so we can carefully monitor each others progress. We are officially starting the V-Diet today and we’re super stoked. We were both watching the door yesterday like a hawks until our shipment of Biotest products finally arrived, and it was like Christmas in March! :smiley:

We are ready to dominate this diet. We’ve never done a diet quite this strict, but looking forward to the challenge. I (Loftisra) have been training since recovering from an ED last Feb. 09, I’ve been bulking and cutting for about 2-3 months at a time trying to put on some muscle. Now I’m 35lbs heavier, but it’s definitely time to get rid of a good chunk of fat! Critter88 has been training for about 4 almost 5 years now, and has a very solid foundation. We can’t wait to see what this diet will do to us!

Loftisra stats:

Height - 5’5"
Weight - 135.4lbs
BF: 19.4%
Neck - 12.5
Shoulders - 41"
Chest - Upper - 34"
Waist - at Navel - 29.6"
Waist - at largest - 34"
Hips - at largest - 36"
Upper Arm - L - 11.5
Upper Arm - R - 11.5
Forearm - L - 10
Forearm - R - 10
Upper Leg - L - 21.5"
Upper Leg - R - 22.0"
Lower Leg - L - 14"
Lower Leg - R - 14"
Ankle - L - 8.5
Ankle - R - 8.5"

Critter88’s stats:

Height - 5’9"
Weight - 185.4lbs
BF: 15.8%
Neck - 15
Shoulders - 48"
Chest - 40"
Waist - at Navel - 34"
Waist - at largest - 35"
Hips - at largest - 38
Upper Arm - L - 15
Upper Arm - R - 15
Forearm - L - 11.5
Forearm - R - 11.5
Upper Leg - L - 24 1/4
Upper Leg - R - 24
Lower Leg - L - 15
Lower Leg - R - 15

We’ll be doing our first work out today, and we’ll be taking photos once finished at the gym so we’ll post those too as soon as I can. I was curious though about adding a couple of supplements around my workouts. Any objections on using the product Geranium?

We are used to using Jack3d before a workout so I’m not sure if just the HOT-ROX will do it for us. Also, afterward I was thinking of adding a half scoop of Katalyst’s Glutacor, a glutamine product. It’d be an additional 4 calories. Thoughts on this anyone?

Just had my first shake about an hour ago, I was pleasantly surprised how full I was only half way through it. It made me feel a little nauseous unfortunately, but after a while my stomach has settled down and I feel great. Critter88 had no problems with the shake, and was/is feeling fantastic.

Well I think that’s a start…We’ll keep you all posted on how things go today. :slight_smile:

Critter88’s Photos!

More photos are on their way!

Question!

I just noticed something very strange as I was putting together our post work out shakes…

Why is it that the nutrient breakdown is different in the different flavors of Surge?
We bought a Chocolate Flavor and a Raspberry Flavor, and the difference is substantial…

Chocolate:
330 Cal
4.5g Fat
25g Pro
44g Carb
29g Sugar

Raspberry:
330 Cal
25g Fat
45g Sugar

So why is the Raspberry fat free? And why so much more sugar? If one of us were to take only one flavor the entire time it would make a difference in the end…any thoughts on this?
52g Carb

After Gym Photos!

After Gym Photos!

[quote]loftisra wrote:I was curious though about adding a couple of supplements around my workouts. Any objections on using the product Geranium?

We are used to using Jack3d before a workout so I’m not sure if just the HOT-ROX will do it for us. Also, afterward I was thinking of adding a half scoop of Katalyst’s Glutacor, a glutamine product. It’d be an additional 4 calories. Thoughts on this anyone?
[/quote]

Welcome aboard. The two of you should see good results from this with your weight training backgrounds. You started weight training at only 95 lbs? Damn. You’ve come a long way. Nice going.

I’ve never heard of these products, but I would just cut them out for the diet. The Biotest supps are top notch and are really all you need.

Best
Nate

I posted, not sure why its not showing up!

Re: Glutamine
I had wondered the same thing actually, and I remember reading somewhere that with the leucine added to the shakes, plus the recovery shake, that it’s not needed.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice VTBalla34!

We won’t worry about it then. :slight_smile:

First day went well, neither one of us cheated, though with the room mates making homemade mac and cheese it wasn’t easy…

I was nauseous no less than three times today unfortunately, and very hungry…Critter88 was fine. He was fat and happy all day. I’m quite jealous. Anyone else experience this? I’ve read about people puking from the shakes, and I was quite close to that today. Hopefully my body will just adjust over time!

Off day tomorrow, I’ll be getting up early to do my Nepa walk, while Critter88 has a couple of gym classes in the morning that’ll count as his Nepa.

We’re on our way! :smiley: Have a goodnight everyone!

Thought I would chime in considering this is partially my log. I wanted to say that the first workout was fun and challenging but I noticed I had less energy in the gym without my pre workout carbs (and creatine). We both took beta alanine and AAKG because we still have those as bulk supplements laying around. We are also supplementing this diet with D3 and probiotics.
Other than that I would add that the hunger has not been as bad as the boredom! I am definitely only wanting to eat because I am so bored now that I have the extra free time that comes with not cooking 5-7 meals a day.
I hope this log is helpful to others thinking about starting the v-diet and I look forward to the accountability and encouragement this forum brings to our v-diet!
I would also like to give a shout out to my buddy Jake who got me angry enough to start this diet by getting a lower body fat percentage than I.

Well day 2 is off to a good start!

The shakes haven’t been bothering me nearly as bad today! The only one that seemed to bother me was my first shake, I wonder if it’s the flax… But! I LOVE half chocolate half strawberry…tastes like Neapolitan ice cream. :smiley:

Critter88 and I just got back from our Nepa walk. Its a gorgeous sunny day in SoCal, so it was quite enjoyable.

Tomorrow we have plans to get up early and go to down to Newport Beach to do our walk, we’ll pack our shakes and walk before we have them. Perhaps we can work on a bit of a tan!

That’s all for now, we’re trying to keep ourselves busy…we’ll post again soon! :slight_smile:

Day 2 has come and gone…Man what a day. I’m pretty sure we were both hallucinating at some point from hunger. I know we both had food dreams last night…I’m sure we can expect more tonight.

We got some Sugar free DaVinci syrups today, Raspberry, Carmel, and Vanilla to add to our shakes. All 0 calories so we’re golden. We also got soda…carbonated, caffeine free, calorie free sodas in an attempt to numb the hunger pains. It worked, to some degree.

We both just had our shakes, so now it’s off to bed. Today was rough, and this diet is definitely not for the faint of heart, but we are still 110% committed! It can only get easier from here…right? :smiley:

Nepa walk and workout number 2 tomorrow, expect updates and pictures!

Hey, a few things…

1-Try Banana and chocolate (if you ordered both) with cinnamon & flax…banana bread…trust me on this one
2-Careful with the davinci syrups…they have splenda, which actually does add 2.4 calories…and they may give ya some gas.
3-Hunger…I don’t know how much ya’ll know about physiology, but at rest (not moving), the body is able to send 80% of its blood too the gut and focus solely on digestion, thus you will feel your hunger faster than if you are constantly moving. Which is why I am able to work an entire day and not feel hungry…until I get home, sit down, and rest. All day, my body has been pumping blood to my muscles. So, I know it’s repetitive, but like CS says, keep moving!

Onn that note, I’m off for a 12 hour waitressing shift

Going to the gym is no longer as fun as it used to be…it’s amazing how much nutrition effects you.

I swear, the only thing that is keeping me sane right now is this phrase that I keep telling myself over and over:

Radical diet, radical results.

That’s all I can think right now. I spent a lot of time saving up for this diet, and spent more than a month’s worth of rent on it. It would be outrageously irresponsible for me to not do this perfectly…So there’s only one thing on my mind:

Radical diet, radical results.

Day 4.

I’ve been searching through several of the logs and I’m surprised how easily people seem to be taking this, especially on the first week…

There seems to be a huge lack of “I feel like DEATH” comments, and I seem to be the only one.

This is not going well. I can’t fail, I won’t fail, but I feel like I’m dying.

Well maybe not dying…but close! I feel like how one feels when they are really sick, very weak, light headed, feeling like I could nap all day. I was really worried yesterday that I was actually getting sick, my throat felt scratchy so I took some medicine.

I just read about someone making V-Diet “cookies”, I think I’ll attempt those tonight. Any other creative ways of getting through this would be very appreciated!!

[quote]loftisra wrote:
Day 4.

I’ve been searching through several of the logs and I’m surprised how easily people seem to be taking this, especially on the first week…

There seems to be a huge lack of “I feel like DEATH” comments, and I seem to be the only one.

This is not going well. I can’t fail, I won’t fail, but I feel like I’m dying.

Well maybe not dying…but close! I feel like how one feels when they are really sick, very weak, light headed, feeling like I could nap all day. I was really worried yesterday that I was actually getting sick, my throat felt scratchy so I took some medicine.

I just read about someone making V-Diet “cookies”, I think I’ll attempt those tonight. Any other creative ways of getting through this would be very appreciated!![/quote]

I’ve been on diet for 7 days now. I did feel pretty lousy by Wednesday (my third day). I had trouble waking up, was tardy for work and felt like taking naps after getting home from the office every single day after hump day. I’m no doctor, nor a nutritionist, but an educated guess would tell me its the body’s way to adapt to carb/calorie deprivation. I’m quite overweight, not as fit as you are, so, I would believe, the side effects are worse in my case.

Funny thing is, today (7th day) I felt pretty energetic all day long. I did feel sleepy late in the afternoon, but that probably had more to having been exposed to sun rays for longer than usual.

I think it gets better as the body adapts, and once you start seeing results, motivation levels go back to the days before you started!

Keep up the good work!

[quote]I’ve been on diet for 7 days now. I did feel pretty lousy by Wednesday (my third day). I had trouble waking up, was tardy for work and felt like taking naps after getting home from the office every single day after hump day. I’m no doctor, nor a nutritionist, but an educated guess would tell me its the body’s way to adapt to carb/calorie deprivation. I’m quite overweight, not as fit as you are, so, I would believe, the side effects are worse in my case.

Funny thing is, today (7th day) I felt pretty energetic all day long. I did feel sleepy late in the afternoon, but that probably had more to having been exposed to sun rays for longer than usual.

I think it gets better as the body adapts, and once you start seeing results, motivation levels go back to the days before you started!

Keep up the good work![/quote]

Thank you for the encouragement, I’m sure you’re right, that this is just something my body has to get used to. I just wish it would hurry up already!!

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
Hey, a few things…

1-Try Banana and chocolate (if you ordered both) with cinnamon & flax…banana bread…trust me on this one
[/quote]

Just wanted to say that I absolutely loved this combo! Thank you so much for the tip! I played with it a bit and my favorite combo is to do almost 3/4 banana 1/4 chocolate and douse the whole thing in cinnamon. Amazing! I actually look forward to my flax shakes now (I also do this combo with almond butter at night and it is great).

It certainly seems like Loftisra is having a harder time than I am on this diet. I feel like today (day 4) my weird psychological cravings for whole food are gone and the hunger is still not that bad. We definitely both suffered a lot in the gym yesterday. I really need to get used to training without carbs for this diet. I was amazed at how much my strength went down, I felt so weak in the gym it was frustrating.

I am going to be adding the geranium to my pre workout supplements because the HOT-ROX is just not cutting it. Mental focus is really lagging without an abundance of carbs in my system so hopefully the geranium brings back some drive to the gym.

Gotta say Loftisra is a trooper. We went on our Nepa walk today even though she felt like “death” and was sick to her stomach. Gotta commend her on getting out there for a 50 minute walk even if I was dragging her along most of the time. :slight_smile:

The things we do to look better…

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.