Biotest

Lisa's Velocity Log

Do good!

I think it is great that you started the workouts before the diet actually. Remember form and hard work are everything. If a week into the diet you need to lay off the weight a bit don’t be afraid to the quality is what you want.

Your plan above to do more weights and less cardio after this is awesome.

You are a very good looking woman and after this you will be smokin’ hot.

Do Good, you control your destiny.

YAY! I got my products in. All set for Monday.

Thanks you guys! 40&Big, your comments are strangely good to hear and it makes me all the more eager to get this done and get it done right.

I found a lady on bodybuilding.com who was featured on their transformation of the week thing. My goal is to be like her. She started out with a lot more weight than I have and it took her a couple years to get to the point she’s at now, but I want to do what she did, using the V-Diet as a jumpstart. Her butt (and everything else) looks just as good as a 21 year old’s if not better!

Free2Be, that was actually one of my concerns. I am not sure if Im supposed to increase the weights over the 4 weeks or just keep it the same. I’ve been digging around in the forum trying to find that answer because I figure that by the 4th week the weights Im trying to lift now will be pretty easy. Or is that the way it’s supposed to be for this plan? I dont know.

Anyway, thanks very much for the votes of confidence. I really need it.

[quote]austin2174 wrote:

Free2Be, that was actually one of my concerns. I am not sure if Im supposed to increase the weights over the 4 weeks or just keep it the same. I’ve been digging around in the forum trying to find that answer because I figure that by the 4th week the weights Im trying to lift now will be pretty easy. Or is that the way it’s supposed to be for this plan? I dont know.

[/quote]

yes, you are. increase weight if you can do more reps in the first set than the prescribed RM for that day. You should grow quickly out of your current weights if you haven’t lifted much lately as your body will adjust quickly. Just constantly push yourself and above all, stick with the prescribed rests for each exercise. You’ll do well. GL

Good to know Jstirto; thanks a lot for clearing that up. Very much appreciated.

3 more days till start!

Lisa, have you gotten the supplements yet? I have used a little of mine, probably have to buy more, seems to me, I haven’t done the math yet , but doesn’t seem to be enough supplements for the transitional phase, I might need more anyways…

I was waiting until monday but am too antzy and am starting this Sunday instead… I worked through some of the routines this week to get a feel for the correct weights…

I’m glad you have a supporting hubbie, it’s hard enough to do without somebody nagging or discouraging you…

I look forward to tracking your progress

GL!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Yeah Durr I got the supplements yesterday. Stacked them all nice and neat in their own little place separate from the kitchen. I dont know about not being enough stuff. I just ordered whatever the plan said to order based on the info I put into the calculator.

They ship really fast so if I start to run out I’ll just place another order at the beginning of the 4th week.

Yeah and whats funny is it has been cold and rainy here the last couple days and he hasnt wanted to go to the gym, (it really is miserable outside) and a couple months ago I would have said ok we dont have to go, but last night I insisted we go! I actually asked myself what in the world was happening here! I’m making HIM go to the gym when he’s been trying to get me to go consistently for 3 years?!

Well, he’s getting his wish allright. Maybe more than he bargained for because Im not going to miss one single workout during this V-Diet no matter what the weather does.

He’s also for the last 2 or 3 years talked nonstop about T-Nation. It always starts with “Hey, I read an article on testosterone nation”…and he said it so much I wanted to throw up every time I heard the word article or the word testosterone.

Now I’m in here reading everything on the site. He laughs now but when Im done he’ll be the one sick and tired of talking about testosterone nation and its articles.

That is an excellent attitude “not missing a single workout” YOU GO GIRL!!!

I’m thinkin after a couple weeks on this and he sees your progress he’ll start getting jealous of you/ his competitive spirit will rise up and he’ll jump right on in there with you!!!

Yea the delivery time is excellent, and I LOVE Free!!!

[quote]austin2174 wrote:
Yeah Durr I got the supplements yesterday. Stacked them all nice and neat in their own little place separate from the kitchen. I dont know about not being enough stuff. I just ordered whatever the plan said to order based on the info I put into the calculator.

They ship really fast so if I start to run out I’ll just place another order at the beginning of the 4th week.

Yeah and whats funny is it has been cold and rainy here the last couple days and he hasnt wanted to go to the gym, (it really is miserable outside) and a couple months ago I would have said ok we dont have to go, but last night I insisted we go!

I actually asked myself what in the world was happening here! I’m making HIM go to the gym when he’s been trying to get me to go consistently for 3 years?!

Well, he’s getting his wish allright. Maybe more than he bargained for because Im not going to miss one single workout during this V-Diet no matter what the weather does.

He’s also for the last 2 or 3 years talked nonstop about T-Nation. It always starts with “Hey, I read an article on testosterone nation”…and he said it so much I wanted to throw up every time I heard the word article or the word testosterone.

Now I’m in here reading everything on the site. He laughs now but when Im done he’ll be the one sick and tired of talking about testosterone nation and its articles.[/quote]

Hey there!!! Another lady who is having success on the V-diet, like you’re gonna!!! Please stop my blog to see my day 15 results and look forward to your success story!!! Flexrx

Good journey to you Lisa! I hope your first day is going great. I’ve decided to try the HOT-ROX at the 1800 time slot and see if that hurts me. I really want to have the energy boost for my 1815 workouts.

I am an insomniac anyway and have been taking Hydroxycut Hardcore for the past month, so I don’t think my sleep schedule will be too affected. I am going to get into bed at midnight with lights dimmed, and do some reading until I’m tired. If I have too much of a problem, I will just move 2nd serving of HOT-ROX up into the 1600 time slot (3 hours after Meal 2).

I’m sure you will do fine on this program. You are a good looking gal already and you will be smoking hot after your transformation. See ya around!

Good Luck Lisa, it is nice to see another woman doing what it takes.

Best of luck

Hi Lisa,

Like you, I ordered my supps last week and didn’t expect to see them until today. They arrived Friday, so I started Saturday!

I’m interested to see how this works for a woman. I’ve done the diet twice (once in 2007 and then again in 2008) with great results. This program works, but it’s not easy. Some days are much easier than you think. In the beginning, it’s a little scary because you anticipate getting hungry. And you will get some minor hunger pangs but taking the shakes on time takes care of that.

So, I hope day#1 is going as well for you as my day#3 is.

GOOD LUCK!
=Scorpion69

Hey Lisa, how was day #1 for you?
yesterday was my start day and was kind of hard, eating is SUCH A HABIT!!! LOL
Today was a no brainer/effort, dragging on the energy a little but not bad.
GOOD LUCK keep us posted!!!

VTBALLA34- hotroxx at 1800??!!!
WOW!!!
I take my last dose at 11 a.m. and am GLAD I have a big supply of ZMA else I’d get NO sleep… GL

Day One:

Ok, I feel like I have been on a cruise where they have those giant buffets and I have been eating the SAME thing off the buffet the entire day.

I feel like I weigh 900 pounds. I got all the shakes in, and got the work out done, and got 45 minutes of NEPA done. I took the last HOT-ROX around 3pm and Im sitting here right now half asleep so I’m not having a problem with those. Of course I only took one at a time today. I will take two tomorrow and see how I do.

I had to wait an extra hour and a half for the last shake though because I could barely breathe from feeling like I’m eating three times what Im used to eating daily. But I got them all in! Every last drop!

They sort of taste like Ovaltine to me and Im not much of an Ovaltine girl, but at least they dont taste like chalk. I had to use a LOT of water; the milkshake consistency just does not make it easy for me to get them down. Thin and watery is best for me.

Anyway, heh, I feel bloated and somewhat nauseated from so much freaking food, but happy that I did it all today, even with some friends that came over and gave me a hard time. I drank two shakes right in front of them and they kept telling me I was not eating properly and that it was a dangerous thing I was doing. I did good with just shrugging and sipping away, and sent them to T-Nation to research it themselves so they could come back and talk to me about it when the know what they are talking about.

I havent had any cravings yet except once when I almost out of habit grabbed a dinner roll after I gave my son one. I mean I had it halfway to my mouth before I threw it down and scooted back from the dinner table, and had to ask myself out loud what the hell I was thinking. Close call but I WIN!

27 days plus transition to go.

Congratulations on day one, it sounds like you will do well.

I know what you mean about grabbing food out of habit, I stopped at the grocery store for some bottled water and spices, and I almost grabbed a few raw nuts out of the bin.

I like my PB with the flax, I just mix it together and it reminds me of a candy bar, kinda.

Good luck

Congratulations on Day 1. Glad you got your HOT-ROX problem solved; maybe I too should take it at 1500 since we seem to be on the same schedule.

Keep us posted!

Wait a minute…You threw a dinner roll? On The floor? The 5 second rule is way over. I am not on a diet and I am mad at you.

Girl threw a roll on the floor damn…

Seriously. Good luck. Imagine how good you are going to look alllll summer long because you are paying the price right now.

PS: I think your son is going to be very tall. Have you got him playing basketball yet?

yep, i have the same “grabbing” food issue. i still sit with my bf during dinner and there were raw baby carrots sitting next to him and close to me the other day. i instinctively caught myself instinctively reaching for one three times before i asked him to move them to his other side. once they weren’t in front of me any more, i was fine :slight_smile:

Haha yes. I threw it but not on the floor. I just threw it back onto the table. Although it would have been easier to throw the whole bag of them on the floor so they would no longer be staring me in the face for the next several days.

Thanks to ALL of you guys for your support and encouragement. Yes, I keep thinking about how I just might be able to wear my two piece swimming suit again after TEN years of wearing one of those shirt like tops with the skirt bottom like an old lady. Every time I have to drink a shake I have to remind myself of that, since they really arent all that tasty to me.

I keep forgetting to mention that my body fat is at 22.15% right now. I dont care about my scale weight as long as I get that down eventually to around 15%-18%. I’ll be happy with that.

VTBalla, I was very tired by the time I went to bed but I’m going to see how two work taking them at 9am and 3pm. I’ll let you know if I get ANY sleep tonight.

Scorpion, I’ve read several woman’s journals doing this diet, only found a few that have actually already finished it, but they seem to be pretty positive about the changes so far. I probably wont post weekly pictures. Maybe at the 2 week point, but definitely at the end of the 28 days. And I really do hope I get hunger pains because I’d rather be hungry taking my shakes then feeling like a stuffed and bloated parade float every time I have to eat one.

Donna, do you mean you eat your flax and PB together, instead of putting them both in the shake at night? Is it better that way? If so, I’d be willing to try it so let me know!

40&Big My son is very tall. He just turned four in December. He’s in preschool and towers over every other kid in his class (all 4 year olds). There’s only one kid who is 5 and he’s about the same height.

Yes, he’s been playing basketball and they just ended the season end of February. He loves it. He isnt that great at it but he tries. He’s on a team with other 3 and 4 year olds and they are pretty funny running around on that court. They always go to the wrong basket and they smash into each other but get right back up and go running, laughing the whole time. And they are so nice to each other. Rarely do I see any kids trying to take the ball away from anybody although we tell him it’s ok in this case to take something away from another kid. They give it to each other, same team or not. Funny to watch. The poor kid has been told time and time again to NOT take toys away from other kids. And now we’re like screaming in the bleachers, GRAB the BALL!! Get it from him!! RUN away with it!! I can only imagine his confusion.

So anyway, day 2 starting. I usually wake up starving. I already miss my toast with raw honey and cinnamon. But since Im not hungry, and Im forcing this shake down anyway, I have no desire to go eat some.

Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life. Watching the clock every hour, willing myself to get hungry heh.

Congratulations, getting started is the hard part…

Day 2 was way easier, figuring out "Oh Yeah, I’m not eating solid food, even the healthy stuff!!! :slight_smile:

YUp I get a bit of flack from family about this, however the Proof is in the pudding…

I have been doing relatively extreme things for 2 years now and am healthier and stronger than I have been in a decade, sooooooo, I basically try to avoid diet talk and just talk workouts, if anything…

It is really nice to get support here and see that I am not in it alone…

Day #3 and workout 2 was a little intense. I kept rest periods REAL low and felt nauseated for the next hour. YES CNS SHOCK!!! It was fun, now that I feel better…

I’ve seen form other posts that in the last 3 or 4th week you’ll be hungrier, we’ll see… Like you the shakes are filling and I like them thinner…

Keep on winning those ‘Roll Wars!’ LOL

Hang in there, Lisa. We have all had the week one blues. Lean on us for support.

Dr. Mike

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.