Biotest

Limited Results

Hi Chris,
On infected’s advice, I’m checking in with you on my progress to this point in the VDiet. I’m at the end of Week 3 tomorrow, and am finding that there hasn’t really been much difference in my body since Week 1. At the end of Week 1, I had lost 7.4lb (157.2 to 149.8). I didn’t do any measurements on that day, waiting until the midpoint.

However, when I did my weigh in and measurements at the end of Week 2, I had lost 0.5lb and not very many inches (2" off my natural waist, 0.5" off my upper chest and 0.5" off my hips). I’m feeling quite discouraged at the lack of progress, but maybe that’s just me having expectations that were too high?

I didn’t have a lot to lose in the first place (I gained about 15 - 20lb over the summer, which is essentially what I was looking to get rid of, gained mostly in my arms and mid-belly area).

I’ve been following the diet to the letter, apart from adding the juice of 1/2 lime to each shake to cut the sweetness of the MD. Because of how busy my gym has been, I haven’t been able to keep the time between exercises as short as I’d like until this week (things started to die down this week). I also switched from HOT-ROX to Carbolin-19 after Week 1 because of the amount of nasuea I was experiencing (which I’m almost out of Carbolin 19, so I’ll have to go back to HR for Week 4).

I’m not sure what else I could be doing wrong - I haven’t cheated during the week in any way, and the only non-approved HSM item I ate last week was corn tortilla chips and salsa before my meal.

Your thoughts?

First, are you male or female?

Also, it looks like you’re about halfway to your goal already, with more time left in the V-Diet, so not bad. (Though I’d encourage you not to focus on the scale - as I always says, gain 5 pounds of muscle and lose 5 pounds of fat and the scale will tell you you’ve made no progress. Also.) I think you’d be seeing better measurement results if you’d taken initial measurements as well.

As for HOT-ROX, just have it with a shake. It’ll still work and taking it with a shake will take care of the nausea.

Stick with it, don’t cheat again, and focus on the results after 4 weeks, not the week to week results. Fat loss naturally slows the closer you get to your goal, so that big week one is normal and the “slower weeks” (still fast actually, by normal diet standards) are expected.

I am glad you posted there to talk to Chris about it.
As far as i understood, the measurements compared were : Day 1 and half way. Maybe i miss understood.
Eitherway, even measurement can be tricky. I am eating a lot more carbs than before, and training hard, and i noticed quick increase of body weight. I also switched to Creatine Malate regularly , whereas, i was taking some monohydrate from time to time.
My belly almost took 1 inch rapidly, and i experimented cutting creatine, and drinking a lot of water, no salt etc, and within 1 day, i lost 3 pounds and my belly went back (almost) to initial measurement.
I doubt you experiment bloat on a v-diet, but maybe you are taking some extra water from the HSM?

[quote]infected wrote:
I am glad you posted there to talk to Chris about it.
As far as i understood, the measurements compared were : Day 1 and half way. Maybe i miss understood.
Eitherway, even measurement can be tricky. I am eating a lot more carbs than before, and training hard, and i noticed quick increase of body weight. I also switched to Creatine Malate regularly , whereas, i was taking some monohydrate from time to time.
My belly almost took 1 inch rapidly, and i experimented cutting creatine, and drinking a lot of water, no salt etc, and within 1 day, i lost 3 pounds and my belly went back (almost) to initial measurement.
I doubt you experiment bloat on a v-diet, but maybe you are taking some extra water from the HSM?[/quote]

You’re right infected - I did initial measurements on Day 1 and then mid-point measurements on Day 14. It could have been water weight on Day 14 to be honest; I have a bad habit of not drinking enough liquids on the weekends. I think I’m starting to see more changes now, and my pants aren’t quite as tight was when I started. Fingers crossed that I see most of my changes through the last week and through the transition!