Biotest

Limited Budget

Hey Chris,

I have always wanted to try Plazma, but I am on a limited budget and can’t afford to use it as per the label (2-3 servings a workout). My current peri-workout nutrition is 1 FINiBAR 30min before, 1 serving of SWF during, and 1 serving of MAG-10 1hr after.

I have decided to buy a bottle of Plasma thanks to the 20% discount. I have some SWF and MAG-10 left over and was thinking implementing the following peri-workout protocol until I can afford more Plasma: 1 serving of Plasma before workout, 1 serving of SWF during, and 1 serving of MAG-10 an hour after. I know it’s not ideal but would that work in the interim?

Thanks for your time

That would work. Here’s another idea:

Pre-load <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma before training, 1 serving of Plazma during, 1 serving of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 after. (No Finibar.) This is actually my plan on most days. Two servings of Plazma has a very powerful effect. Many people don’t need 3, not even me unless isn’t a Meadows style leg day from hell. So, you’re saving by using only two hits of Plazma, and saving by skipping the Finibar. Just an idea for the future.

Tim Patterson told me that if someone could only use 1 serving of Plazma (short, small body-part workout planned or budget issue) then the pre-load is the most important, so you’re on the right track with your plan.

Thanks for your insight, Chris. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the info Chris. I recently started dipping my toe into the Biotest pool, beginning with MAG-10, and just ordered an 8 pack of the Plazma RTD for testing purposes. If I feel it’s worth it I will probably order the Plazma stack, but will want to make it stretch a bit further than directed. I don’t live paycheck to paycheck and can afford it, but a $100+/week supplement habit is something I can do without :slight_smile:

Saeufer, a minimal but very effective workout nutrition plan would be a serving of Plazma pre-loaded before training, then a serving of Plazma during. About an hour later, have one pulse or serving of Mag-10. In fact, this is what I do for most workouts, though I do pulse with Mag-10 at other times of the day additionally.

That’s exactly what I’d had in mind. I have to admit I’m quite curious as to the benefits, though I don’t know if it acts as a stimulant or is alright to combine with caffeine? I usually drink 1-2 cups of coffee before Training…

No, Plazma isn’t a stimulant, not in a caffeine sense. Though you will be able to train longer, harder, and more frequently. You can add a stimulant if you’d like pre-workout though. It won’t interfere.

More Plazma info: http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma

Chris,

I have another budget question. Would I be better off buying a good amount of Metabolic Drive, or getting one container of Metabolic Drive (mostly for cooking with), ElitePro Minerals and Brain Candy for slighlty less money? I’m a college student with a hefty exam schedule coming up in the next 6 weeks, but am also trying to stay healthy/improve my physique.

iclardy: Good question. It depends on your needs. If good muscle-building food is tough to come by or inconvenient, then it’s great to have a go-to like <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/metabolic-drive-low-carb"target=“new”>Metabolic Drive around, especially when it replaces a meal you’d be paying for too, and maybe not an ideal solid meal for your goals.

Then again, <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/brain-candy"target=“new”>Brain Candy would be a gift from the gods for a college student. (Wish it had been around back when I was in college!) And EliteMineral is always a good staple for a hard trainer.

Tough call. We’d suggest basing the decision on how easy it is for you get plenty of quality protein from solid food. If that’s tough sometimes, go with plenty of Metabolic Drive.

Thanks for the advice Chris! I just got my order today. Your guys’ shipping is ridiculous. How would you recommend using the Brain Candy for optimal results on my exams?

You’ll feel the stimulation from Brain Candy, if you got the caffeinated version, for about 6 hours, but the mental effects last longer, almost all day if you take it on an empty stomach in the AM. That’s the best time, but you can take it, say, after lunch too if that better fits your schedule. It doesn’t “hit you” quite as fast when you take after you’ve eaten but it still hits. Just don’t take it too late in the day.

Dumb question Chris but I’d like to ask as I’m new to MAG-10 and the recommended mixing/storage. If I mix the MAG-10 the night before and keep it refrigerated, is it alright at room temperature for 2-3 hours while I commute/Train before I consume it? Or better to mix it on the spot after Training?

[quote]Saeufer wrote:
Dumb question Chris but I’d like to ask as I’m new to MAG-10 and the recommended mixing/storage. If I mix the MAG-10 the night before and keep it refrigerated, is it alright at room temperature for 2-3 hours while I commute/Train before I consume it? Or better to mix it on the spot after Training?[/quote]

That should be no problem.