Biotest

Life After the V-Diet

Hi, I’m now in the third week of the V-Diet and all I can say is wow!

Dramatic weight lost. Results so far: 13-14% body fat down to 10-11%. Thank you for creating a simple easy to follow fat-shredding-muscle-retaining diet. Nice one.

Any way I’ve been thinking about how I’m going to progress with my nutrition after the V-Diet and have been doing some research in my quest. I’m currently reading ‘cheat to lose’ by Joel Marion. Few questions for anyone who is familiar with both diets and willing to humour me:

Insulin levels- are they low after the v diet (I’ve been taking 1 serving of Surge 3 times weekly split during/after workouts)

Has my metabolism been ‘damaged’ by the calorie restriction and low carbs?

Has some of the weight loss been glycogen and water weight like other low carb diets?

Any negative impacts on leptin?

Is there a calculation for total daily calories for after the V-Diet? (Cheat to lose suggests using your hands and eye balling to measure serving size, seems like a lot of room for error?)

Can a V-Dieter start the cheat to lose in a different phase? Or is the priming phase still required…

Thanks, Adam

[quote]bnbn wrote:
Any way I’ve been thinking about how I’m going to progress with my nutrition after the V-Diet and have been doing some research in my quest. I’m currently reading ‘cheat to lose’ by Joel Marion.
[/quote]

The V-Diet, if followed correctly, can kill your cravings and bad habits when it comes to “cheat” foods. So why in the world would one want to then adopt another diet that encourages eating unhealthy foods? Not recommended.

I highly recommend Precision Nutrition. Very effective, and all the meals taste SUPER good after all those shakes! You can get most of the info you need by reading Dr. Berardi’s articles here, or buy the book.

I agree with Chris…just eat lots of meat and veggies with healthy fats and maybe add in some carbs after you workout. If you do cheat to lose afterwards you’ll just be tempted to overeat which is likely one of the reasons you decided to do the V-Diet. You can’t “overeat” green healthy veggies and meat because they are so filling. Going into the cheat to lose diet after the V-Diet would be counterproductive

[quote]bnbn wrote:

Insulin levels- are they low after the V-Diet (I’ve been taking 1 serving of Surge 3 times weekly split during/after workouts) [/quote]

Yes they are extremely low most of the time. The exception would be around your workouts.

i don’t know if i would say damaged. slowed down some, yes. that’s why there’s a transition where you slowly increase calories and taper off of HOT-ROX Extreme.

yes, IT’S A LOW CARB/LOW CALORIE DIET. even if it was the same amount of calories with a high carb intake you would still lose water/glycogen weight because the calories are really low.

can’t answer this because i can honestly say i don’t fully understand how leptin works.

once again, DON’T DO CHEAT TO LOSE AFTER THIS.

stop talking about cheating to lose it’s counterintuitive, even though people have had great results with that diet, obviously it is not for you.

you’re welcome.

[quote]bnbn wrote:
I’m currently reading ‘cheat to lose’ by Joel Marion. Few questions for anyone who is familiar with both diets and willing to humour me:[/quote]

I wouldn’t recommend the Cheat to Lose Diet after the V Diet, especially depending on how your body reacts to carbs.

I tried Cheat last year and wiped out the gains I made from the V Diet (gained 10 pounds).

What I learned from Cheat was I can’t really have a cheat day. I can get away with a cheat meal every so often, but one cheat day can wipe out whatever gains I made in the past week (which ended up happening on the maintenance phase of the diet).