Biotest

Life After the V-Diet

I’m on Day 21, three weeks of V-Diet left. And, I’m trying to plan what I’m going to do afterward. A friend suggested p90x, but, when I looked into it, I’d really rather do a gym oriented program. (Why buy Dumbbells & a pullup bar when they have those at the gym. And, It would seem silly do to a 1 hour choreographed workout at the gym)

So, Currently, I’m planning on doing an eating plan very much like the p90x (and the same as the HSM’s on the V-Diet), using shakes or other healthy 100cal snacks for the extra meals. But, I’m struggling to find a good exercise plan.

I plan on keeping the NEPA – It’s just too effective, and too fun. But, the strength workout is up in the air. Ideas??

Take a look at this. This is what I plan for after my V-Diet. I am current on my transition phase.

That’s exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks a million!

Oh BTW, make sure you look at the article thread on the forum…

Thib made some typos and didn’t correct them on the article…

Here’s my first stab at a circuit based on Christian’s article. Comments appreciated:

http://dave.frascone.com/archives/167

Let me know what you think!

What supplements are you guys keeping, post V-Diet?

I’m about to do a small reorder, and was curious which ones you guys are sticking to.

I’m definitely going to re-up the HOT-ROX, though, when this bottle is out, I may go for a different fat burner (just to make it easy, wrt mail order)

I’m also going to continue with Surge, though, I’m ordering a raspberry flavor this time.

The leucine seems to have a lot left over, so I’ll probably continue that 4 times a day.

But, what about the rest – Superfood is out, I’ll be eating enough real vegetables.

And, is Flameout just fish oil, or is it something magical too?

And the flax . . . how I abhor thee . . . should I continue to add flax to my meals?

Let me know what you think

As for the heavy days you’ll want to go from A1 to B1 with no rest in between. Rest for 2 mins then A2 - B2 with no rest in between.

Example:
A1 Bench Press (no rest between exercises)
B1 Pullups
Rest for 2 mins

A2 Flys
B2 V-Grip Lat Pulls
Rest for 2 mins

This would apply to your heavy leg day as well. This is one of the typos I was talking about.

As for the lactic workouts, circuits, it was probably a typo, but the first circuit of should be 12-15 reps per set. I saw 15-20. The second set is 15-20. Be prepared for the burns!!!

As for supps, I would recommend Flameout, Surge, and Leucine.

Flameout is alot better than the other fish oils in the market. It would take around 14-16 generic caps to compare to a Flameout. Its just more cost effective.

Surge for during/after workout.

Leucine for alot of stuff. Primarily during Protein and carb meals. Check out the studies on Leucine.

As for fatburners, I would probably cycle out HOT-ROX for two weeks then bring it back. I remember reading that your body adapts to it. Or you can go with Seven and add some Carbolin 19 stack. This is more expensive but Shugart recommends it. It maybe marketed for women but still works for men as well.

[quote]PATWRIK wrote:
As for the heavy days you’ll want to go from A1 to B1 with no rest in between. Rest for 2 mins then A2 - B2 with no rest in between.

Example:
A1 Bench Press (no rest between exercises)
B1 Pullups
Rest for 2 mins

A2 Flys
B2 V-Grip Lat Pulls
Rest for 2 mins

This would apply to your heavy leg day as well. This is one of the typos I was talking about.
[/quote]

I saw on the thread that he had 60-90s between A1 & b1. But, I’m frequently wrong :slight_smile:

[quote]PATWRIK wrote:
As for the lactic workouts, circuits, it was probably a typo, but the first circuit of should be 12-15 reps per set. I saw 15-20. The second set is 15-20. Be prepared for the burns!!!
[/quote]

I’ll fix that too!

[quote]PATWRIK wrote:
Surge for during/after workout.
[/quote]
The Heavy workouts only, right? (I remember that from the thread as well)

[quote]PATWRIK wrote:

As for fatburners, I would probably cycle out HOT-ROX for two weeks then bring it back. I remember reading that your body adapts to it. Or you can go with Seven and add some Carbolin 19 stack. This is more expensive but Shugart recommends it. It maybe marketed for women but still works for men as well.
[/quote]

I just bought a second bottle of HOT-ROX. The bottle says to use it at least a month, for best results. So, I’m going to use it till the end of V-Burn. Then I was just going to just grab a over the counter thermogenic / fat burner. My supp store has many recommendations. Either way, I’ll have plenty for a while :slight_smile: I’ll read up on Carbolin 19.

I did just see an article on TRIBEX Gold . . . But, I’m not sure if that’s something I should be messing with, until I drop a good deal more weight . .

I’ll update my page this afternoon with these changes. Still working on my nutrition side – I’ll post a link when I’m done.

TRIBEX is a test booster. I don’t know how old your are or if you feel that your test levels are low, but I would not recommend it. Just seems like a waste as you’re cutting like me.

I believe it also contains Carbolin 19 or is that Alpha Male. Either way, it would be a waste. Save it for a bulking session.

Surge is after heavy workouts. If you want a post workout shake after your lactic, just go with some whey like Grow.

As for diet, keep it clean. Although, I cheated big time after the 28 days. Dropped that weight this week and a little more!

I am finding it is a lot easier for me to choose healthy meals whether I’m out or at home. Treat them as the HSM each week but keep the portions in some control. Remember to eat slow.

I also found it easier at home when I am stocked with veggies and lean meat. I’m not tempted with chips and shit just laying around.

Finish up strong bro. You are on the home stretch. It’s a lovely life after V, as long as you don’t let your guard down to toxic people. Just think of how you spent all this $$$. Don’t let it go to waste.

Wasn’t Chris working on something for after the V-Diet? Like… the Omega plan or something?

[quote]PATWRIK wrote:

I am finding it is a lot easier for me to choose healthy meals whether I’m out or at home. Treat them as the HSM each week but keep the portions in some control. Remember to eat slow.
[/quote]

That’s a good question. I’m about to hit my HSM every day week, and I’ve been going out for HSMs. What do you guys usually buy? The veggies are easy. Salad + some of the new steamer veggie packs in the frozen section.

But, what kinds of meat do you usually keep on hand? I could do frozen chicken, but I think that will get old pretty fast . . . . Just curious if anyone has any good ideas :slight_smile:

I just updated it: http://bit.ly/XnA1n

Look better?

Looks good…

I was wrong about the rest periods on the heavy day… My bad…you were correct…

As for food, I keep some cans of tuna on hand. Sirloin if I can find some cheap beef. Eggs. Ground Lean beef. Low carb tortillas. Tacos and burritos with a bunch of veggies definitely are easy and filling.

I guess the biggest thing to keep it interesting is how you season your food. Usually there’s a section in the market with all the seasoning. I try to pick one new bottle each time I shop for food. So far my seasoning cabient is coming close to full but full of opitions.

Question: On the sets, do we lower the weight to keep reps between the recommendations, or do we use a RM for the first set, and do the other sets to failure?