Biotest

Level 100 Members, Who is Out There?

Alot of people probably don’t realize that when all of this wonderful T-Nation and Biotest stuff started they had one product “TRIBEX” , that was when i became a dedicated customer. I have been with them since and seen this place change in amazing ways. If the population of this country would spend some time on T-Nation instead of watching Dr OZ and daytime tv it would be amazing what they could accomplish.

My current Biotest stack
Curcumin 4 caps daily
Flameout 4 caps daily
Metabolic Drive bars (as needed due to hectic business schedule)
MAG-10 2-4 servings daily
PLAZMA 3-4 servings intra-workout
Elite pro mineral (every night)
Superfood (2 servings daily)

to this i add
Metagenics ultra flora probiotic
Metagenics D3 5000iu daily
Iodine 12.5 mg daily
Pure encapsualtions saw palmetto/nettle root (to prevent prostate issues)

pharma side
some that know me know ive had a 25 year ride with this stuff , i am now quite proud to say i take only 200mg wekly of prescription testosterone and 2 iu og GH daily also prescribed

feel fantastic

thanks Biotest , TC , Chris and everyone else at Biotest / T-Nation

morepain-
It looks like we joined T-Nation around the same time. I remember most of these guys from the Bill Phillips/EAS days. I am very impressed with the progress of Biotest. I can’t image using any other workout supplements. I would rather keep T-Nation/Biotest a secret known to few versus the masses because if they knew, we might not have our supplements on hand when we need them. (kidding).

It would be great if the average person would step out of the comfort zone of going to GNC to pick up Dr. Oz recommended supplements and switched to Biotest.

[quote]morepain wrote:
Alot of people probably don’t realize that when all of this wonderful T-Nation and Biotest stuff started they had one product “TRIBEX” , that was when i became a dedicated customer. I have been with them since and seen this place change in amazing ways. If the population of this country would spend some time on T-Nation instead of watching Dr OZ and daytime tv it would be amazing what they could accomplish.

My current Biotest stack
Curcumin 4 caps daily
Flameout 4 caps daily
Metabolic Drive bars (as needed due to hectic business schedule)
MAG-10 2-4 servings daily
PLAZMA 3-4 servings intra-workout
Elite pro mineral (every night)
Superfood (2 servings daily)

to this i add
Metagenics ultra flora probiotic
Metagenics D3 5000iu daily
Iodine 12.5 mg daily
Pure encapsualtions saw palmetto/nettle root (to prevent prostate issues)

pharma side
some that know me know ive had a 25 year ride with this stuff , i am now quite proud to say i take only 200mg wekly of prescription testosterone and 2 iu og GH daily also prescribed

feel fantastic

thanks Biotest , TC , Chris and everyone else at Biotest / T-Nation
[/quote]

Thanks much for the acknowledgement, morepain! We hugely appreciate it!

[quote]mmcrath wrote:
morepain-
It looks like we joined T-Nation around the same time. I remember most of these guys from the Bill Phillips/EAS days. I am very impressed with the progress of Biotest. I can’t image using any other workout supplements. I would rather keep T-Nation/Biotest a secret known to few versus the masses because if they knew, we might not have our supplements on hand when we need them. (kidding).

It would be great if the average person would step out of the comfort zone of going to GNC to pick up Dr. Oz recommended supplements and switched to Biotest. [/quote]

And on behalf of Biotest, thank you, too, mmcrath!

hey remember me trying to convince you to sell the concentrated liquid flavors by themselves a few years back??? WHERE’S MY COMMISSION CHECK?! LOL

The following might piss alot of people off, but in the spirit of TC and not caring about who I piss off. I state only my own opinions and I realize there will be MANY who completely disagree with me. This rant has been building for many years actually. This excellent thread is finally a vehicle for me to unload (so that I feel better, ha ha). Oh well. Here we go:

I too discovered TESTOSTERONE (it wasn’t the wimpy T-Nation monicker back then…my apologies for those who are offended by my use of the “w” word, but the whole PC movement these days irks me and it was sad when big bold TESTOSTERONE gave in to it) back when it started. It was only TC, Tim Patterson, Charlies Poliquin, and some others. The heyday for me was when Brock Strasser (Bruce Kneuler), Bill Roberts, Cy Wilson, etc were around.

Then again, I’m much more into the supplement/drug information than training info, mostly because I’ve spent more than enough time experimenting with different training techniques (that I knew of at the time) and the ones coming out now are very much a rehash (recyling) of training thoughts of the past. There are some very new concepts such as what CT and Waterbury comes up with, but even those I believe need to be tailored to ones specific physiological makeup. Training everyday and only doing performance based training won’t work for everyone…depending on your specific goals that is. My opinion from my own experience.

I loved TC’s bold articles that incited broad discussions and pissed alot of people off. He still does it today, and that is one great thing that hasn’t changed. His irreverence towards PC-ism and just bluntly saying it as he sees it (alot based on fact) is what is really missing on this site these days. I understand “T-Nation” and Biotest have become a big business now, but it happens so often that new bold companies soften up to appeal to the masses for even more possible money making appeal…this works up to a point, but when you become too mainstream you lose your edge, and you could start to LOSE customers to that niche that loves the boundaries.

In other words…don’t forget where you came from.

To that end, Biotest products are simply the best. I try all of them. I use all of them. But Biotest is my staple. This is what keeps bringing me back. There are “some” articles on the site that interest me, again mostly the supplement ones (the drug ones has disappeared due to PC-ism again), but any article by CT, Waterbury, John Meadows brings me in as well. I may not agree with everything they write…hell I might completely disagree with them, but they bring forth the thinking.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I think there should be 2 sites, one for bodybuilding, one for everything else. Call the bodybuilding site TESTOSTERONE, and everything else can stay in T-Nation. In my opinion, I really don’t care about performance based training, cross-fit, MMA-training, etc. I understand these areas are the latest “thing” and actually (surprisingly) I think they are a much much better exercise regimen than just bodybuilding or powerlifting. But personally, I really don’t care. I know, I know…there are things that can be learned from other training/sport philosophies and indeed I do. But like the cross-fitter can’t completely appreciate pure bodybuilding, same is true vice versa.

For those articles/supplements that potentially appeal to both, put them on both sites. Create a link to go from site to site ala the Biotest store.

Now the very real negative of doing this (other than the cost): just like how FOX news, CNN, MSNBC are so slanted towards their particular viewpoints, so is the danger of separating the bodybuilding/powerlifting from the cross-fit/sports philosophies. In the old days, news programs HAD to give equal time to the opposing views. Back then, I am one who truly believes this was one reason how the nation was more “middle” rather than completely “right” or “left”. The internet has created the environments where one can choose to ONLY reside in the area that they currently believe in without expanding their minds and trying to understand the other sides/opinions. This is very true in the current weight training world as well.

So, though I’m ranting like hell about this, there IS a good reason why everything should be on only one site.

That being said, give me my TESTOSTERONE website back. : )

Rant over.

Back to trying to being PC and all nicey nice as to not raise anyone’s own sensitivities.

i agree with alot of that…but i also run a large business and understand their position. What would be awesome is if TESTOSTERONE magazine the paper version was still printed…i LOVED that thing

Just wanted to shortly add my 0.02 after a 12 hour work day that felt like hell… So one might forgive me my poor English skills…

I’ve been following TC from his first article in MM2K. Later I joined T Nation. I think I had another profile in the early days, but even as ParagonA I have been around a long time. And I can honestly say: without T Nation (and especially everthing TC has written) I would not be the same person as Inam today and my life would look entirely different.

That might be something that TC, Tim, Chris and the gang are not even aware of: sou guys do change lives!
My live was all but easy for the first 30 years. I don’t even want to go into great detail, but believe me when I say I travelled to hell and back more than once.

Without TC and his articles, his philosopies, his books and thoughts he has been sharing with us for the last 20 years or so I might easly be dead. But no, I am living the live I didn’t dare to dream about when I was a teenager and honestly could not be happier. Hard work? Yes. Luck? Of course. But I also had a lot of help from my friends: TC, Tim, Thib, Chris.

Must have written this a dozen times: my copies of TC’s books look like a cow had chewed on them. Must have read them 10 times cover to cover each… Great inspriration, life saver, motivation, compass in dark times.

Just had to share this.

I AM testosterone. So are you.

Live like you mean it.

And to T-Nation: Thank you, thank you, thank you.

definitely a Biotest whore. Was going over some old college photos from 7 years ago, had to smile a bit when I saw the old school Surge Recovery and Power Drive bottles sitting on my little shelf.

Currently my Biotest stack:

Creatine malate 5g per workout
Curcumin 2-4 caps per day
FINiBAR before a workout with a lot of volume (otherwise I just stick to Plazma)
Flameout 4 caps per day
Indigo 6 caps per day
MAG-10 2-3 servings per day
Plazma 2 scoops per workout
Rez-V 3 caps per day
Rhodiola on an as needed basis (love this for work-related stress, and there’s plenty of that)
Superfood 1 serving per day
Z-12 as needed (at most twice per week, a bit unsure of phenibut’s addictive/withdrawal properties)

Biotest isn’t the only one getting my money. I love researching and testing out nootropics and other supplements for overall health.

I also take:

Aniracetam
CDP-choline/Alpha-GPC
Designs for Health Complete Multi (sometimes I add in extra magnesium glycinate)
LEF ALCAR
LEF CoQ10
LEF NAC
LEF PQQ
LEF TMG
LEF Vitamin D/K/Iodine mix
Metagenics probiotic (same as OP)
Uridine monophosphate
Vinpocetine

You could say I spend a lot on supplements. It is honestly one of the few non-essential things I spend money on.

buffd samurai-
In your rant, there was a point. There is something for everyone here. T-Nation/Biotest makes sure of that and they do it with class. They allow you to tell them how much they suck and how much you love them and not be offended. Remember, there is something for everyone. From the elite athlete to the casual fitness guy/girl, Biotest covers supplement needs as well as education/information. The supplements and articles are well researched. You simply can’t keep this level of sophistication anywhere else. Ease up, bro!

[quote]mmcrath wrote:
buffd samurai-
In your rant, there was a point. There is something for everyone here. T-Nation/Biotest makes sure of that and they do it with class. They allow you to tell them how much they suck and how much you love them and not be offended. Remember, there is something for everyone. From the elite athlete to the casual fitness guy/girl, Biotest covers supplement needs as well as education/information. The supplements and articles are well researched. You simply can’t keep this level of sophistication anywhere else. Ease up, bro![/quote]

mmcrath: like the end of my rant indicated…I’m all good now. Just had to get that off my chest so to speak. I’m all nicey nice and PC again…though very begrudgingly so. But darn it, now you opened Pandora’s box again!

When it comes down to it, I’m looking for what TESTOSTERONE used to be, namely that niche boundary at edge place that explored the real outer limits of muscle building. A place that is not afraid of bringing out into the open what it really takes to achieve a certain level within one’s own physiological genetic limits. T-Nation does offer some of that recently with the advent of Shadow Pro Q&A. But I guess I’m looking for more.

I’m simply not afraid to say I really don’t care about anything else on this site other than that. “Something for everyone” is not what I want. But I do understand and realize for the majority perhaps, this is exactly what they want. And I do understand there is only so much pure bodybuilding info out there…nothing is very new and it can perhaps get a bit boring…there is so much more activity and research going on in the field of increasing performance, cross fit, etc due to so many more people being interested in those activities.

But I am not one of the masses who gravitate towards the latest and greatest (or newest) thing (unless of course, it is a specific supplement or drug).

Then again, why should they care what I want? I’m one in many thousands. The direction they are taking is perhaps the smartest from a corporate standpoint.

Level hundo here, for some reason the forum doesnt show it but my Hub does

Been around coming up on 10 years myself… Love this place, could probably sent a kid to college with all the Flameout and Metabolic Drive Bars and Protein I’ve purchased

I think there is some merit to what Buffd is saying, but at the same time how many “Guess what…The pro’s are on steroids!” articles can you run? How many “Do 20 sets per muscle group, each once a week” articles about pure body building training can you run? All of those articles exist in the archive, so unless something new has changed there isn’t a great reason to run a very similar piece.

I remember in ~2005 when I joined there was probably a new program every single week, maybe more. There are way less of those now, and when they do come out they are very specific (Bench peaking cycle, for example) I skip most of those now a days because I know how I want to train, and if I want to change something I can do it on my own… But that is largely because of all the info I’ve gotten here.

There also is the problem that you have to have guys admit to what they are taking, which almost none are willing to do for obvious reasons. Once your name is connected to your livelihood and the activities you are doing are illegal, it takes a RARE individual to open up about that stuff. The Shadow Pro Q&A and articles currently existing are a good example of covering that in a fresh and realistic manner.

T-Nation has casted a wider and wider net as the years have gone by… But I think that can be viewed at as a good thing because they shine a light on the good stuff and weed out the bad stuff. As a single example take CrossFit, in the very beginning TC rightfully poked fun at it (It was essentially doing whatever was posted on the main site that day, and had NO rhyme or reason to it)… Then it matured a bit and T-Nation has been a great “filter” for it in that it points out the good points, and the bad points to it. Think of CrossFit as the new Steroids… IF you want to do it, here is how to do it right.

I still check in almost daily, buy my supps from here when finances allow, and help support the community in whatever way I can.

Great thread. Long time member and customer here, way before this version of the website and forums (I remember spraying my entire body with certain supplements at one point in time).

I agree with the rant and have a question. In the Levels description it states that there are certain perks to each level. I am a level 10 and have yet to discover any. Do things change at 100?

Nope, not yet anyway.

still waiting for the 10 virgins and commission check

It’s the honor of being in triple digits instead of single/double. And knowing where my retirement funds went.

: ) Love me some Biotest

Level 100 members have been sent special discount codes in the past (this was a while back), have been able to order some supplements before they were available to everyone else (I think we did this with Indigo-3G initially) and although we didn’t have the level 100 ranking made public then, high level people were invited to the boot camps preferentially over others. I’m sure Tim Patterson has more good stuff planned for the future.

Just noticed the upgrade to Level 100… Thanks for the recognition and for continuing to make great supplements!

Another long timer here, although I rarely post because I am extraordinarily busy with career and family and training. That said, I am extremely grateful for what this crew at T-Nation has provided in terms of extraordinary motivation and attitude, the highest quality supplements that allow me - at age 46 - to continue to train with passion and vigor, and simply the best articles related to anything Iron.

I feel lucky to have been following this site since the very beginning. Keep up the great work. I will continue checking in almost daily, reading and learning, finding motivation and inspiration, and stocking up on the best supplements on the planet.

Oh, and I would love to be invited to a Boot Camp! :slight_smile:

Greetings from Down Under!

My affinity with T-Nation goes back well before I officially ‘joined’ in 2008.
Who remembers -and still cherishes- the old MM2000 days with TC, Duchaine et al? Loved those days and the eye opening cutting edge writings…

Over the journey, it has cost a fkn ARM AND A LEG to ship alll those products out to Australia, but every cent has been worth it!

Most importantly tho, thru T-Nation, I discovered the WAY OF THE IRON, the RIGHT way to train, thru guns like coach Thibs, Wendler, and so many many more…

I trust Biotest. I can oder supps cheaper anywhere and everwhere. But I don’t. And I wont.

Currently I use:
Power Drive @ 1-2 serves a day
Micro-PA @ 6 caps with EVERY raining session.
Rez-V @ 3 caps per day
Rhodiola @ 2-4 caps per day
MAG-10 - an hour post workout
Indigo @ 6 caps before each of my twice weekly 'carb-ups’
Creatine Malate @ 10-15gms peri workout
Elite Minerals Pro @ 6 caps every night before bed
Superfood @ 2-4 scoops per day
ZMA on days I don’t take EMP.

I also have used and loved Plazma, Alpha GPC, Finibars, Surge w/out fuel, Spike tabs (boom!!) and just about everything else Biotest have ever released :slight_smile:

Other stuff that I use daily:
Citrulline Malate - peri workout
Beta Alanine - peri workout
Betaine Anhydrous @ 3gms pre workout
Silymarin extract
Fucoidan (LEF) fucose extract
Great Lakes Hydrolysed Collagen @ 2 tablespoons a day
Joint formula with MSM, Glucosamine, Chondroitin
Fermented Cod Liver Oil
Vitamin D3
High Potency fish oil @ 20mls min a day
Iodoral @ 12.5mg once a week
Glycofuse - to assist with getting in enough quality carbs in during my carb-ups

TC, Tim, Shugs…keep up the great work guys…aaand pls keep those level 100 discount codes a’ flowin’ so I can afford to buy EVEN MORE awesome products!

-Pete