Biotest

Leucine Peptides

I recently purchased Biotest Leucine Peptides and immediately noticed that it foams like crazy when shaken. Might be a dumb question but is there anything that actually dissolves or is all the leucine in the foam? After I drink it, there is a ton of foam left, just wondering if I am missing out on actually ingesting the leucine.

Sorry for the dumb question, but it has been bugging me.

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:
I recently purchased Biotest Leucine Peptides and immediately noticed that it foams like crazy when shaken. Might be a dumb question but is there anything that actually dissolves or is all the leucine in the foam? After I drink it, there is a ton of foam left, just wondering if I am missing out on actually ingesting the leucine.

Sorry for the dumb question, but it has been bugging me.[/quote]
I used to mix the leucine peptides with Surge Recovery and it did foam a bit more than “plain” Surge. Something to do with the leucine molecules being “hydrophobic” (serious technical term), or not naturally mixing well with water.

I usually just left it capped and let it sit a while and it would settle after a few minutes. I can’t imagine you’re missing a ton of effective leucine if there’s any foam left in your container after drinking.

You could also use warm (not hot) water if you wanted to. That would speed up it’s dissolving. Throw a scoop or two of Superfood in there… boom, muscle-building tea. Sorta.

I used to add a scoop to a small glass of crystal lite or lemon aid and take it like a shot. Leucine seems to always taste awful and be foamy alone.

Are you stirring or shaking?

This is one of those instances you do NOT want to be like James Bond.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

This is one of those instances you do NOT want to be like James Bond.[/quote]

The issue with stirring is then the leucine typically adheres and floats on the surface.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

This is one of those instances you do NOT want to be like James Bond.[/quote]

The issue with stirring is then the leucine typically adheres and floats on the surface.[/quote]

Scoop to mouth. Add water, swallow. I generally throw it in with 4oz of water in a shaker, shake it like crazy, drink it, add 4oz of water, swirl it around the shaker then drink that.

Normally covers any foam and gets it in my belly versus the shaker.

Hey,

I just purchased and had a similar problem. I work in a lab so the first thing I did was check the chemical supplier to see what they suggest their L Leucine amino acids in. While huge amounts are soluble in 1M HCl (probably don’t want to drink that) you can actually quite easily dissolve 25mg/ml of water, meaning that you can comfortably dissolve a 5g dose in 200ml, but since I’m taking creatine I usually go for 1L of water since hydradtion is critical. It should dissolve no problem! :slight_smile:

Jimmy