Biotest

Leucine Not in Kit

I just purchased the kit to do the V-Diet. In the text and downloadable menu Leucine is mentioned. When the website configured my plan it did not include Leucine. Is in necessary that I get this and if yes why was it not included.

Thanks!

Leucine is no longer part of the V-Diet and you weren’t charged for it. The printout portion just hasn’t been changed yet. (We’re working on it.)

Thanks Chris. Any advice for me as I start out on this journey? I am in pretty good shape. 5’ 7" about 175 lbs, 20 % body fat.

Chris, Just curious but why was the Leucine removed from the diet?

[quote]rjbelly wrote:
Thanks Chris. Any advice for me as I start out on this journey? I am in pretty good shape. 5’ 7" about 175 lbs, 20 % body fat.[/quote]

Just follow the plan and don’t focus on the numbers like body fat percentage, which is seldom measured correctly anyway. Be sure to take those suggested tape measurements though. Gives you a much better idea of what’s happening and is much more motivational than the scale. Remember, many build muscle on this plan, so lose 4 pounds of fat and gain 4 pounds of muscle and the scale will show “no results.” The mirror and the tape will tell a truer story.

[quote]rjbelly wrote:
Chris, Just curious but why was the Leucine removed from the diet?[/quote]

It wasn’t part of the original plan, which has been updated over the years as we get more feedback from V-Dieters. We added it because some very large bodybuilder types were afraid of losing muscle. But the V-Diet already takes care of that via various mechanisms. So we removed the leucine to bring the cost down on the package and because most people just don’t need it.