Biotest

Leucine Dosing

I have just landed a tub of Biotest leucine and am looking for some optimum dosage advice. My immediate idea was to add 5g to my intra-workout drink. Also to add to whey isolate when I have the odd protein pulse.

I recall discussions about taking 5g 10 mins or so prior to meals and was considering this. However, given my goals are body recomp, I am wondering whether I should factor in the insulin response generated by leucine as a negative? I am taking Indigo so wonder whether this has any bearing on its efficacy?

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:
However, given my goals are body recomp, I am wondering whether I should factor in the insulin response generated by leucine as a negative?[/quote]
Nope, not a negative at all. Leucine itself is anabolic, so your body already has something to work with. It’s not like it’s comparable to the insulin spike from 5g of table sugar. In terms of an insulin response, the body doesn’t see leucine the same way it sees carbs.

This thread is a few years old, but you might find some good info in here. :wink:

Indigo can help insulin sensitivity as well, so you’re kinda double-covered on that side anyhow.