Biotest

Leucine Content

What is the Leucine content in a single serving of Metabolic Drive (21g protein)?

What about Mag-10 and Plazma?

Thanks!

[quote=“craze9, post:1, topic:5960, full:true”]
What is the Leucine content in a single serving of Metabolic Drive (21g protein)?[/quote]
I remember reading 1 scoop of Metabolic Drive having just over 2g leucine.

Not exactly sure, but for perspective, Surge Workout Fuel has 5g leucine per serving, and Mag-10 and Plazma are at least on par with that in terms of anabolism and recovery. With the casein hydrolysate and di/tri-peptides, safe to say Plazma and Mag-10 have “enough”, whatever the specific amount is.

On that note, adding extra leucine to Mag-10 or Plazma is very much notrecommended because of the formula’s overall balance, so if it “needed” any more than it currently has, it would already have it.

Cool, thank you!

There is absolutely no need to worry about leucine content of MAG-10 and PLAZMA. Both products are based on casein hydrolysate and casein is known for its very high leucine content. So it’s safe to say that you will NOT have an insufficient level of leucine in these products since they use the most advanced, purest forms of casein.

I’m also with Chris on the issue of adding leucine to MAG-10/PLAZMA… first because it’s unnecessary, second because these formulas have been developed over more than 5 years (I know I’ve been part of the whole process) and they were adjusted several times to give the best possible synergistic effect. I wouldn’t add anything to screw up the balance.

Ok, thanks for explaining that. I’m not intending to add leucine (or anything else) to Mag-10 or Plazma, just asked out of curiosity.

Mostly I wanted to know about Metabolic Drive and how its leucine content compared to standard Whey Isolate, which seems to have up to 2.7 g leucine for 1 serving of 25g protein.