Biotest

Leucine and the V-Diet

Chris,

All this talk about Leucine, and now with proven evidence that it works with Thib’s article Monday morning, would you recommend implementing it into the V-Diet?..

It certainly can’t hurt. In fact, it could only help. However, I’m always hesitant to add more supplements to a diet that already requires a lot of supps, and one that works very well as is. Still, there’s always room for improvement as new tech becomes available.

So, while not required, pure L-Leucine would be a find addition to a few V-Diet shakes a day.

Hey Chris,

I just read your article about the 13 Superstacks and I am going to purchase the Flameout, Superfood and Rez-V. Thanks for all of the great articles from you and the rest of the authors. I am glad I can help support this site because it has given me such great information throughout the years.

[quote]allshine wrote:
Hey Chris,

I just read your article about the 13 Superstacks and I am going to purchase the Flameout, Superfood and Rez-V. Thanks for all of the great articles from you and the rest of the authors. I am glad I can help support this site because it has given me such great information throughout the years.[/quote]

Awesome, that’s probably my favorite stack. Taking all three of those is like giving Death the finger.

Chris great diet by the way lost 10 quality lbs in 3.5 weeks

I have noticed though that in the AM my weight is roughly 190 in the pm I typically weigh about 200
what is the reason for such a fluxuation I have noticed this for years and it really plagued me even when I completed

Insulin Insensitivity???

[quote]brmnstl wrote:

I have noticed though that in the AM my weight is roughly 190 in the pm I typically weigh about 200
what is the reason for such a fluxuation I have noticed this for years and it really plagued me even when I completed

Insulin Insensitivity???[/quote]

Fluctuations are normal, but that does seem to be a big one. Could be food and fluids in your stomach, and, well, in the process of being digested… Also, most people wake up a little dehydrated.

See weighing guidelines at the top of this section for tips on being consistent with the scale.

Chris,
Please could you give us your opinion on taking Leucine with Surge (during & post workout), with the first & last shakes of the day and the SHM?

Would these be the best times to take Leucine in order to further minimize muscle loss during the V-Diet?

Thanks!

[quote]roybot wrote:
Chris,
Please could you give us your opinion on taking Leucine with Surge (during & post workout), with the first & last shakes of the day and the SHM?

Would these be the best times to take Leucine in order to further minimize muscle loss during the V-Diet?

Thanks!

[/quote]

First, there usually is no noticeable muscle loss during the V-Diet as it is. Second, I see no need to take Leucine with Surge as Surge is already packed with buckets of the right aminos for post workout.

Now, taking Biotest L-Leucine with the HSM is a nice idea. Not a must, but that would be fine, and beneficial.

If I had to choose another time, I’d say with the first shake of the day.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
roybot wrote:
Chris,

Thanks!

First, there usually is no noticeable muscle loss during the V-Diet as it is. Second, I see no need to take Leucine with Surge as Surge is already packed with buckets of the right aminos for post workout.

Now, taking Biotest L-Leucine with the HSM is a nice idea. Not a must, but that would be fine, and beneficial.

If I had to choose another time, I’d say with the first shake of the day.

[/quote]

OK. Thanks again!

UPDATE: I just had a talk with Tim Patterson about leucine and the V-Diet. He thinks it’s the single best thing to add to the diet to prevent muscle loss (catabolism.)

The serving would be one little scoop (if using the Biotest brand) in four of the shakes each day.

More info:

Chris am I correct in believing that I can take one capsule of Rez-V with the Superfood and Flameout as part of the longevity stack. I know the directions say three a day but after reading the article I thought that 3 a day was for a testosterone boost and one would be fine for the health benefits.
Ken

brmnstl wrote:

Insulin Insensitivity???

Fluctuations are normal, but that does seem to be a big one. Could be food and fluids in your stomach, and, well, in the process of being digested… Also, most people wake up a little dehydrated.

See weighing guidelines at the top of this section for tips on being consistent with the scale.

[/quote]

[quote]Ken Rose wrote:
Chris am I correct in believing that I can take one capsule of Rez-V with the Superfood and Flameout as part of the longevity stack. I know the directions say three a day but after reading the article I thought that 3 a day was for a testosterone boost and one would be fine for the health benefits.
Ken

[/quote]

REZ-V can be added to the V-Die any way you’d like. I take 3 per day as part of my longevity stack.

Sorry Chris, clarification needed. Will one cap be sufficient for longevity stack? In the article on Rez-V it seemed to suggest that.

Ken Rose wrote:
Ken

REZ-V can be added to the V-Diet any way you’d like. I take 3 per day as part of my longevity stack. [/quote]

[quote]Ken Rose wrote:
Sorry Chris, clarification needed. Will one cap be sufficient for longevity stack? In the article on Rez-V it seemed to suggest that.
Chris Shugart wrote:
Ken Rose wrote:
Ken

REZ-V can be added to the V-Diet any way you’d like. I take 3 per day as part of my longevity stack.

[/quote]

Ken, I guess I didn’t get that from the article. I’ve always taken 3 for longevity benefits. I almost forget REZ-V has the T-protecting benefits too; for me it’s all about the longevity stuff.

While I don’t doubt that 1 or 2 caps a day would be helpful, I think 3 (full dose) is optimal. But maybe I’m missing something?

thanks for re-reading the article for me and giving me your thoughts. I think my confusion on the issue revolves around the mg required, which seems to indicate one cap. But not trying to get into a debate here, thanks again.

Ken Rose wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:
Ken Rose wrote:
Ken

REZ-V can be added to the V-Diet any way you’d like. I take 3 per day as part of my longevity stack.

Ken, I guess I didn’t get that from the article. I’ve always taken 3 for longevity benefits. I almost forget REZ-V has the T-protecting benefits too; for me it’s all about the longevity stuff.

While I don’t doubt that 1 or 2 caps a day would be helpful, I think 3 (full dose) is optimal. But maybe I’m missing something?

[/quote]