Biotest

Leucine Alternative?

Is there another brand of Luecine that I can substitute for the V-Diet?

Velocity Week 2 and the New MAG-10
Velocity Diet Question: Leucine

No.

There’s a world-wide shortage right now, and most of what you’ll find is made of hair and feathers (no kidding.)

We still have the pure, top level stuff in MAG-10 though, just not as a stand-alone. Working on sourcing more now.

For the V-Diet 3.0, you don’t have to use leucine. It wasn’t part of 1.0 and 2.0. We added it as “muscle insurance” especially for those who have a lot of muscle and don’t want any possible risk of losing it.

What you could do is decrease the Metabolic Drive by 1 scoop a day, then add two servings of MAG-10 to the plan, taken between regular shakes. (If I did the V-Diet right now I would probably do that anyway.)

Thanks for the quick response. If you say it’s ok, then that’s all I need. I’ll get started today.

Awesome. Keep us posted!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
What you could do is decrease the Metabolic Drive by 1 scoop a day, then add two servings of MAG-10 to the plan, taken between regular shakes. (If I did the V-Diet right now I would probably do that anyway.) [/quote]

that’s a really good idea. i’m on day 2 of my V-Diet and while i have some leucine lying around the house it’s not enough to make it through the whole diet. conveniently, i also have some left over MAG-10 from my anaconda protocol. looks like it’s time to finish that as well.

Thanks Chris for this suggestion. I don’t know how people do it without the MAG-10 in between shakes. It’s such a good filler. I reduce the last shake of the day by a scoop. That way I can REALLY taste that beautiful peanut butter.

No.

There’s a world-wide shortage right now, and most of what you’ll find is made of hair and feathers (no kidding.)

We still have the pure, top level stuff in MAG-10 though, just not as a stand-alone. Working on sourcing more now.

For the V-Diet 3.0, you don’t have to use leucine. It wasn’t part of 1.0 and 2.0. We added it as “muscle insurance” especially for those who have a lot of muscle and don’t want any possible risk of losing it.

What you could do is decrease the Metabolic Drive by 1 scoop a day, then add two servings of MAG-10 to the plan, taken between regular shakes. (If I did the V-Diet right now I would probably do that anyway.)

[/quote]

Further to your response Chris - I can confirm to all the UK memebers of T-Nation the following:

• The company “MyProtein” did confirm today and provide proof (attached) that their source is from asia and made from human hair:

"-----Original Message-----
Sent: 10 August 2011 13:38
To: Nathan
Subject: [SALES #WNR-103548]: Leucine

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that our L Leucine is produced from human hair and sourced from Asia.

I have attached a certificate of analysis for your attention.

If you would like to return this product, unopened, for a refund then please let us know and we will generate a returns number.

Tommy Gaughan
Customer Service Advisor - Nutrition"

Chris - when exactly will Biotest have it back in stock???

I wish I knew.

Right now all we have is being saved for products like MAG-10.

[quote]wings_931 wrote:

No.

[/quote]

Further to your response Chris - I can confirm to all the UK memebers of T-Nation the following:

• The company “MyProtein” did confirm today and provide proof (attached) that their source is from asia and made from human hair:

Hi Nathan,

We can confirm that our L Leucine is produced from human hair and sourced from Asia.

If you would like to return this product, unopened, for a refund then please let us know and we will generate a returns number.

Tommy Gaughan

[/quote]

Yummy. Looks like I’ve got roughly 500g of human hair in my kitchen. Meh, going to use it up anyway for sled work.

B.

[quote]wings_931 wrote:
The company “MyProtein” did confirm today and provide proof (attached) that their source is from asia and made from human hair[/quote] Asia? Ajinomoto?

[quote]BiP wrote:

[quote]wings_931 wrote:

No.

[/quote]

Hi Nathan,

Tommy Gaughan

[/quote]

Yummy. Looks like I’ve got roughly 500g of human hair in my kitchen. Meh, going to use it up anyway for sled work.

B.[/quote]
In your kitchen??? Come on BiP, you have 500 g of leucine attached to your body.

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:
Come on BiP, you have 500 g of leucine attached to your body. [/quote]

Ha!

[quote]tolismann wrote:

[quote]wings_931 wrote:
The company “MyProtein” did confirm today and provide proof (attached) that their source is from asia and made from human hair[/quote] Asia? Ajinomoto?
[/quote]

Mods/Chris - can Biotest please provide a batch-test certificate of proof that their manufacturer is who they claim?

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:

[quote]BiP wrote:

[quote]wings_931 wrote:

No.

[/quote]

Hi Nathan,

Tommy Gaughan

[/quote]

B.[/quote]
In your kitchen??? Come on BiP, you have 500 g of leucine attached to your body. [/quote]

Well, I was writing that while in my kitchen…

Chris, to solve the Leucine shortage I have decided to donate my body hair when I finally shave. Is that cool?

B.

[quote]BiP wrote:
Chris, to solve the Leucine shortage I have decided to donate my body hair when I finally shave. Is that cool?

B.[/quote]
Chris, I would like to get on auto-ship for the Leucine BiP’s hair will produce. I think the fact that it will be laced with I3G will make it a revolutionary supplement. This is ground-breaking stuff.

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:

What you could do is decrease the Metabolic Drive by 1 scoop a day, then add two servings of MAG-10 to the plan, taken between regular shakes. (If I did the V-Diet right now I would probably do that anyway.) [/quote]

I think i’m a bit slow, does Chris mean lower all the Metabolic Drive shakes to 1 scoop instead of two and add two shakes of MAG-10 (2 scoops) to the diet? Sorry if its clear and I’m not getting it.

@Blades: Just one scoop total for the day, not per shake.

i was wondering about the leucine also. i have some MAG-10 left over as well so i can use that

are we taking 2 scoops at one time, or would it be better to pulse 2 times out of the day with 1 scoop each? thanks chris.

Two separate pulses, 1 scoop each.