Biotest

Lets Talk Shake Variations

I guess this is the best place to start this thread. I just wanted to throw out some ideas that I’ve used to try to add some variety to my V-Diet shakes, and hope that everyone else will do the same. Kind of a central place to discuss “recipes” (for lack of a better word).

1. I really hate the strawberry flavor Metabolic Drive (by itself anyway). I had a feeling I would, so I only ordered 1 bottle of that out of the 10 total. I tried mixing one scoop of strawberry with one scoop of chocolate, and that didn’t help much either. HOWEVA (any Stephen A. Smith fans/haters?), mixing one scoop of strawberry with one scoop of banana in the bedtime shake, along with the peanut butter, is actually not bad. So I’ve been going that route lately at night.

2. For my afternoon snack shake (just two scoops of MD), the other day at work I mixed in 8 oz. of coffee (decaf! had just had two HOT-ROX) with 8 oz. of water on a whim. With the chocolate MD, the result was a very mocha-like shake that added some great variety. I’ve done that a few times this week now, and highly recommend it.

Your turn!

Some of my ideas:

1. Play with the amount of water and ice used. For example, make a super thick, super icy shake you have to eat with a spoon. This change in texture alone can be a nice treat.

2. Add instant decaf coffee to a chocolate shake for a “mocha” flavored drink.

3. Add hot (not quite boiling) water to a blender, then add your protein powder. Makes great hot chocolate!

4. Use sugar-free syrups like those made by the DaVinci company. Be sure to read the label though; some of these aren’t calorie-free.

5. Extracts commonly used for baking are good too. Just a drop or two of peppermint extract can really “awaken” a plain vanilla shake.

6. Mix Metabolic Drive flavors! One of my favorites is banana cream mixed with strawberry, blended up extra icy.

Try using shredded, dried, UNSWEETENED coconut in place of your nut butters occasionally. The nutrient profile is actually better than most nuts (more fiber, less PUFAs, and fewer lectins) and it’s delicious. I mix it up with banana flavor for a tropical tasting shake. Most grocery stores have little blocks of frozen coconut in the freezer section for like $1.50.

[quote]spector711 wrote:
Try using shredded, dried, UNSWEETENED coconut in place of your nut butters occasionally. The nutrient profile is actually better than most nuts (more fiber, less PUFAs, and fewer lectins) and it’s delicious. I mix it up with banana flavor for a tropical tasting shake. Most grocery stores have little blocks of frozen coconut in the freezer section for like $1.50. [/quote]

Not sure if you’re familiar with the velocity diet, but coconut in any form other than extract is definitely not part of the program.

My current favorite shake variation is:

1.5 scoops chocolate Metabolic Drive
.5 scoop banana Metabolic Drive
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp instant coffee
8 ice cubes
1c. water

Blend until smooth and ice-creamy. Eat with a spoon. YUMMO.