Biotest

Let the Journey Begin

I’m starting the V-Diet today and I’m slightly nervous about it. I was at a BBQ yesterday and looked at a picture of myself there, and I knew it was definitely time to start the diet! With summer right around the corner, I want to actually get IN the pool this year, rather than dangle my legs over the side.

It’s so frustrating though, as I’m about to embark on a journey to lose weight, my boyfriend is trying to gain weight. He’s eating whatever he wants (as long as it’s healthy 98% of the time)while I’m about to enjoy my “tasty” shakes for the next 6 weeks. So here’s to the V-Diet, I hope to achieve the results I want… off to enjoy my first shake of the diet…

Welcome to the team. Much success to you!

Welcome to the group, lots of good people here.

I just finished my first week and I can not say it was a breeze, but all in all it was not that bad.

I think the biggest help was right here, in these forums.

Best of luck to you,

Hi KP, welcome to the club. I am also trying to lose. I just finished my first week and it really wasn’t that bad at all. the shakes are good. might I suggest that with the Surge if you got both raspberry and chocolate mix them 1:1 and do that. the raspberry is just too sweet by itself. the chocolate is great however.

the workouts are good. hard mind you but good. the challenge is tough but also beneficial. I keep telling myself that if I keep this up that bikini may be a possibility someday.

look to the forums daily for inspiration and also to vent…lol we all need to vent now and then. I have found some good ideas and even recipes for the HSM each week.
best of luck and stay strong.

Cat >^…^<

Good luck. I am hoping to join in the fun within the next few days. Looking forward to watching your progress.

I gagged on my first shake and almost threw it up… is that normal? Also, I’ve been told to NOT add the milled flax seed to the first shake, but the diet said to add it, so I did. Any thoughts on if it is necessary or not?

[quote]kpfefer wrote:
I gagged on my first shake and almost threw it up… is that normal? Also, I’ve been told to NOT add the milled flax seed to the first shake, but the diet said to add it, so I did. Any thoughts on if it is necessary or not? [/quote]

I find that adding a little ice to the blender helps. the colder it is the better it tastes. I am not sure what the benefit of the flax seed is (not fond of the flavor myself) But I don’t remember it being listed as an option, so I had to assume that it has some benefit to the plan. Someone with more incite into the flax will need to answer the question in full.

[quote]nickelsenb wrote:

[quote]kpfefer wrote:
I gagged on my first shake and almost threw it up… is that normal? Also, I’ve been told to NOT add the milled flax seed to the first shake, but the diet said to add it, so I did. Any thoughts on if it is necessary or not? [/quote]

I find that adding a little ice to the blender helps. the colder it is the better it tastes. I am not sure what the benefit of the flax seed is (not found of the flavor myself) But I don’t remember it being listed as an option, so I had to assume that it has some benefit to the plan. Someone with more incite into the flax will need to answer the question in full.[/quote]

Just passing through and noticed this question, so I figured I’d take a shot at it. The flax is an Omega 3 fat, which will balance out your protein/fat/carbs balance for the day. It also has a lot of fiber so you don’t get backed up. Don’t skip it!!

Good luck on the diet!

[quote]kpfefer wrote:

If you were gagging because the shake was too thick, then add a few more ounces of water. I tend to use closer to 18-20 oz (even though it says to use 16 oz - preference thing) If the flavor is not sitting well with you then you can split your superfood and flax between the first two shakes to even out the flavor (this will also help with the texture if that is an issue)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Yeah, the first day is certainly hard. I most likely will not want any sweets by the time I finish this thing. I agree that more water makes it better for me and ICE. I have a large shaker and mix my shakes with a hand-held mixer by rival…it chops the ice and all…very easy and not huge mess.

Hopefully you did order different flavors so that you have variety. To me, the flax is good…but I’m strange. Also, the first week, I ate the natural nut butter at night rather than mix it in the shake(god only knows why???) I now mix it in and it became my favorite shake of the day…very filling b4 bed.

I will tell you if the shakes are too sweet, you will absolutely love the Surge…LOL…that is the one I almost blew chunks with. MIX IT WITH LOTS OF WATER.

Keep going…it get easier. I promise.

Stoner

hey KP, I use 3/4 of my 16 oz water as crushed ice. I then put 1/4 of the 16 oz as water. it makes it like a nice thick shake. I use the banana, chocolate together and it makes it very tasty. I use the banana strawberry together and it also is tasty. as well as alone each is good. the flax is very important for the fiber so you don’t get blocked up. that much protein with little fiber will bind you up for sure. use the flax. I found online that 2 Tbs is a serving. I use 1 and it is fine. I also drink 100 oz water besides my shakes each day. I have no issue after week 1 of being bound up at all.

I tried one shake w/o the ice and I hear what your saying about puking it. I have to use the ice. I find the crushed ice and the water I mentioned works best for me. I use a blender that is awesome. I start it by chopping, then I whip it, then I blend it then I frappe it. takes about 4-5 minutes and it is so tasty and icy cold. I live in AZ and when its 95+ outside it is so good to have a cold icy drink. I tried freezing some to see if it would be like ice cream and it wasn’t. more like a Popsicle. let me tell you I got the molds for the Popsicle and I will be making me some banana frozen shakes…hehe.
good luck and let us know what works for you.

Thanks for the ideas!! After today I’ve noticed it’s the shakes that have EVERYTHING in them (meals 1 and 4) are the ones that I gag on. I’ll try the ice tomorrow and see how it goes!!

If it makes you feel any better, I can’t stand the taste of any of it, but I’m doing it anyway. I’ve found mixing a LOT of water, using a shaker bottle instead of ice/blender, and immediately chewing some Fiber Sure tablets (I’ve got the orange right now) is helping TREMENDOUSLY! I chug the shake as fast as I can, and then chew on the tablets. I also eat my nut butter after the last shake of the day. Gives me something to chew and really savor…

Glad to see you start!

How’s it going? Just checking in with you. Hope to hear everything is good!

Stoner

It hasn’t been the easiest, my biggest challenges are finishing the entire shake, fitting in all 5 shakes a day (or 6 if I workout), and stomaching the superfood. I know everyone says that the scale is your worst enemy, but it’s been my best friend this week. Every time I get discouraged, I go weigh myself and then get excited. I’ve lost 5 lbs to far!! That’s my motivation right there! I keep telling myself, “you’ll be halfway done with the 4 weeks when school is done (I’m a teacher)” or “you’ll be done by the time your cousin has her wedding.” I have to set these little “mile markers” so I can look forward to them. However, food is EVERYWHERE!! I was watching CSI and it was about a guy you ate himself to death, there is always leftover food in the teacher’s lounge, a friend is trying to get rid of all the food in his apartment because he moves on Friday and offered it to me. I’m just thankful to have a supportive community on this forum, and friends that are supportive. I told my mom about the diet and she immediately had a negative comment about it: “it won’t work, you’ll just gain the weight back when you start eating solid food. You should just stop it now” and that was on the 1st day!! Then she proceeded to eat a sonic burger in front of me while we were locked in my car… and it smelled WONDERFUL :frowning:

I think more than anything, this is a good starting point to change some habits…yeah, if you go back to what ever it was before that got you out of shape then yes, you will gain it back! But honestly, if you can get through six weeks of mostly liquid, your should then be able to make great choices about what you stick in your kisser. You are doing fine and keep it up! Yeah, my family reminds me all the time that they are NOT on the diet. HEHE

Stoner

Unfortunately, you probably haven’t seen the worst of the negativity. Misery likes company. Just keep it up. And all your efforts will pay off. I’m with you on the scale. I lost 4lbs in the first week so the scale is my friend too. I’m lovin’ it.

KP hang in there. it’s hard when the people around you are negative, nonsupportive and destructive to your plan. I find staying away from those people (whom ever they are) is best until I have the strength to really say wow look what I did.

hmm maybe you should try it. looks like what ever you’re doing isnt working. I try to surround myself with positive people on the general just because it is way too easy to fall into that negative mindset.

the scale is also my friend. I look and see another pound gone and think ya I don’t need that ice-cream or hamburger because I worked way too hard to give up that pound. I am generally a very selfish person and dont like to waste anything. so why waste my efforts of working my ass off literally just to blow it on a cheat. I can wait until Sat when I have my meal.

stay strong, keep on track, you’re doing wonderful.

Yeah, I read an article a while back that talked about how the five people that are closest to you have the biggest influence on your life. Whenever I’m dieting I basically avoid my work buddies for the duration, because they always want to go out and have beers and eat bar food. It’s only 4 weeks!

pardon me but, FUCK OFF always works well too! LOL