Biotest

Lemon, Coconut, Fiber, a Few Nuts

Hello,
I’m a long time reader of T-Nation. Right now I’m on day 3 of the new V-diet.
As I remember on the old V-diet there was a TSB of peanut butter or nut butter added to one of the shakes, on days with out a HSM.

My Questions:

1. I’m thinking it’s a good idea to squeeze lemon in some water while on the v-diet. Thoughts?
  2. I have been adding in a fiber with my shakes, acacia fiber seems great, psyllium and Flax seem a little harsh but I have been using a mix of all of them. Shouldn’t we get fiber with the protein?
  3. What about adding a little shredded unsweetened coconut on days with out a HSM? Would coconut oil be good?
  4. What about a few nuts or nut butters?
  5. What should my total Calorie count be while on the V-diet? It seems like its really low? Non-workout days it would be below 1,000. Even on workout days with a 400-500 calorie meal the total calories are very low.

Thank you in advance for you advice.

Regards
Denet

1. That’s fine if you’d like. If using Indigo-3G, don’t have the lemon at the same time. Could lightly interfere.

2. For most people there’s no need for extra fiber if your HSM is correct. Additional fiber in the diet is pretty overrated actually. There are a few books out now on this. But if you need it, add a little.

3. There’s always an HSM. Added coconut or oil could put you over the top in calories.

4. Yes, it’s an extreme diet with muscle protectant benefits.

Final bit of advice. If you want to do the V-Diet, do the V-Diet. Not a variation with tons of changes. It works as is.

[quote]denetl wrote:
Hello,
I’m a long time reader of T-Nation. Right now I’m on day 3 of the new V-diet.
As I remember on the old V-diet there was a TSB of peanut butter or nut butter added to one of the shakes, on days with out a HSM.

My Questions:

1. I’m thinking it’s a good idea to squeeze lemon in some water while on the v-diet. Thoughts?
  2. I have been adding in a fiber with my shakes, acacia fiber seems great, psyllium and Flax seem a little harsh but I have been using a mix of all of them. Shouldn’t we get fiber with the protein?
  3. What about adding a little shredded unsweetened coconut on days with out a HSM? Would coconut oil be good?
  4. What about a few nuts or nut butters?
  5. What should my total Calorie count be while on the V-diet? It seems like its really low? Non-workout days it would be below 1,000. Even on workout days with a 400-500 calorie meal the total calories are very low.

Thank you in advance for you advice.

Regards
Denet
[/quote]

Thank you very much,
I am making good progress on the V-diet, I appreciate your support and tips.
By the way I am travailing right now and the V-diet works great when you are on the road.
Thanks again.

-Denet