Biotest

LeAnna's V-Diet Log

I will be starting my velocity journey tomorrow.

Here are my starting measurements:
Height: 5’4"
weight: 128.2
neck: 12
shoulders: 38.25
bust: 36.75
under chest: 29
small of waist: 28.25
navel: 31
abdomen: 33.75
hips: 36.75
upper arm (L&R): 10.75
upper leg (L&R): 21.75
calf: 13.5
ankle: 8.25

According to the tape measurement based body calculator on scientificpsychic.com, my body fat percentage is 26.4%

My aim/hope for the velocity diet is to bring my body fat closer to my goal of 9-13%. That puts my goal body weight at around 108 if I did the math right. 20 pounds might be a stretch for 6 weeks but if I could get 10-15 of it off that would be a good, motivating start. I want to compete in the Hayward, CA fitness competition in the bikini division on May 5th. My strategy at this point will be 6 weeks velocity diet, 6 weeks moderate, healthy diet with continued lifting targeting specific areas I need to bring up (hamstrings, glutes, maybe shoulders), followed by 6 weeks of cleaner eating (low carb, low cal- maybe something like the 10X body weight regime if necessary). I will adjust my strategy as needed but for this part, the first 6 weeks, I am aiming to maintain a beginners mind and just follow the program as written.

LeAnna

good luck with your goals! just stick to it and you’ll get results.

Day 1 is coming to a close. Just finished my NEPA walk. Did it on the treadmill (4mph @ 2% incline) got a side stitch so only did 2 miles. Maybe will have the shake with peanut butter earlier in the day. I had it at 7pm and did my walk at 8. Or maybe I will do the NEPA during the day and just push my daughter in the stroller or put her in the carrier. I don’t know if she will put up with being cooped up for 30-60 mins every day. She will be 2 in April and is full of energy! The weights workout went well. Got all my shakes/supplements in- I’m having a crystal light with superfood in it right now.

I’m feeling overwhelmed and intimidated at the idea of 27 more days of this and 2 weeks transitioning but I imagine feeling super confident at this point would be foolish. Gotta stay humble and keep my head down and just stay the course.

Good Night!

LeAnna

So I have to post as a reply in my same original post to not get erased? I get it.

Morning of day 2 I am down 2.4 pounds on the scale which I realize is water retention/holiday eating bloat releasing but I don’t care, it’s nice. I need as much positive motivation as possible until I get some momentum on this program.

Went on a 2.5 mile NEPA walk with my 30 pound toddler in a carrier on my back while also pushing a stroller. Wasn’t very fast (2.5mph average pace according to my watch). Not sure if it’s better to do it at night on the treadmill at a more brisk pace or slower during the day with more resistance and further distance most likely.

Hi LeAnna, I stated yesterday, and on the days were I workout, i try to do my NEPA in the morning, it’s easy to just get up 30min earlier, and then go for a quick walk, don’t know if it’s possible for you, just an idea. Good Luck

Hi LeAnna! You motivate me so much already into this and this is my first day! I have no clue of what I am doing :frowning: All I know is I bought the Metabolic Drive shakes, HOT-ROX and nut butter. And I am sooooo eager to loose my Muffin Top and inches off my waist! Problem is I have never picked up a weight ever! Can I do this with stomach crunches or leg lifts? Or do I go out and buy 5lb 10lb weights? I don’t even know what to do with them;( I am 41 5 4’ 129 lbs mother to 4 children (18,16,14 & 4) who are so supportive! I too have a goal… My husband is taking me to Hawaii feb 14 and I just have to get into a bikini and wear it well! 21 years of marriage and we are taking our honeymoon!

[quote]Mommyto4 wrote:
Hi LeAnna! You motivate me so much already into this and this is my first day! I have no clue of what I am doing :frowning: All I know is I bought the Metabolic Drive shakes, HOT-ROX and nut butter. And I am sooooo eager to loose my Muffin Top and inches off my waist! Problem is I have never picked up a weight ever! Can I do this with stomach crunches or leg lifts? Or do I go out and buy 5lb 10lb weights? I don’t even know what to do with them;( I am 41 5 4’ 129 lbs mother to 4 children (18,16,14 & 4) who are so supportive! I too have a goal… My husband is taking me to Hawaii feb 14 and I just have to get into a bikini and wear it well! 21 years of marriage and we are taking our honeymoon!
[/quote]
I would watch the videos and if you havent joined a gym I would. That way it saves you time and money from not having to buy the weights. Most gyms have wifi. So, if you have a smart phone. I would go hit the gym, bring your paperwork and watch the videos for pointers before you do the work. You will need to experiment with weights. How heavy a weight you need in order to to do 4-5 or 8-9 reps depending on the day.

[quote]Mommyto4 wrote:
[/quote]

Thank you for saying I motivate you! It really helps me to hear and in turn motivates me :slight_smile: We also have our honeymoon on hold for now- I hope it will be in Hawaii too someday!

Regarding your training questions- I think ideally joining a gym and hiring a trainer who is knowledgable and understands the protocol for this program would be best. Second best would be joining a gym, studying the exercises and doing your best to replicate it. I guess any strength training is better than none although I don’t know if 5 & 10 pound dumbbells are enough even for a beginner with this regime, and I don’t know if you would want to take the full 2 scoop serving of Surge after a lighter weight training session. Maybe take half? All my answers are guesses as this is not my program.

How did you decide on this program?

LeAnna

I’m not feeling so great. I’m kindof nauseous and headachy. Maybe detoxing from junk food? I gagged my last shake down. I don’t really like the taste of Metabolic Drive, I prefer muscle milk by far but as I said previously I want to do this program as written. Just venting. Gotta get more days to get into the groove. I’m in a tough spot but not willing to give up.

The desire to get in shape for a bikini contest has been in my heart for years. It’s not going away so there must be something to it. I don’t expect it to be easy. That’s part of what attracts me to it- it will be a huge sense of accomplishment. I am such a junk food junkie. It’s not the example I want to set for my daughter. I hate the 10-20 pounds that seems like it might as well be 100. My taste buds are that of a typical 2 year old. I’m looking forward to the taste transformation. I have to say as much as I dread the shakes, I do not want junk today. I am already craving and looking forward to my healthy solid meal this weekend.

I think you read my mind.

[quote]piscesgirl022077 wrote:

[quote]Mommyto4 wrote:
[/quote]

Thank you for saying I motivate you! It really helps me to hear and in turn motivates me :slight_smile: We also have our honeymoon on hold for now- I hope it will be in Hawaii too someday!

Regarding your training questions- I think ideally joining a gym and hiring a trainer who is knowledgable and understands the protocol for this program would be best. Second best would be joining a gym, studying the exercises and doing your best to replicate it. I guess any strength training is better than none although I don’t know if 5 & 10 pound dumbbells are enough even for a beginner with this regime, and I don’t know if you would want to take the full 2 scoop serving of Surge after a lighter weight training session. Maybe take half? All my answers are guesses as this is not my program.

How did you decide on this program?

LeAnna
[/quote]
My girlfriend and her husband did it. They only used the shakes and Hot-Rox. And just multi vit. They went to the gym just as suggested. She has moved and I lost contact with her. She told me before she left I just needed the shakes and Hot-Rox. Never really got to far into the whole weight lifting thing.

Now I see it looks like I will be joining something. We only have a curves near by. I know they have weights there. My iPad will not let me open the videos. I do know she and her spouse looked fantastic!!! 10s incredible transformation! She was the one who told me about the 10lb weight that’s why I had to ask if it was possible?

Without seeing the video I have no clue … Just to read the workouts mean mumble to me. I prob shouldn’t be doing this but after her results I was hooked!!! Just need to know how to get there;) thanks!!! Oh I too am junk food junkie!!! Love pizza!

I watch 8 toddlers during the day and that’s all that is in front of me… Sweets, chips, frozen foods, fruits! Even not being able to eat a banana is painfull. I make 8 pb and j sandwiches and melt smelling that nutty smell!!! Ughhh

My daughter had me up from 2AM on. She fell back to sleep around 5 and was still asleep when I left for work at 7 after gagging down my morning shake. I’m taking it one shake at a time. Luckily my 3rd client cancelled this morning so I could come home and take some advil for my headache. I’m hoping this is just detox and that the taste of the shakes will grow on me. I had some gastrointestinal distress this morning.

Today so far:

5:30AM- 2 HOT-ROX

6:30AM- 2 scoops MD, 2 Flameout

10:30AM- 2 scoops MD, 2T peanut butter, 2T milled flax, 2 Flameout, 2 scoops superfood

Plan for rest of today:

1PM- 2 HOT-ROX

1:30PM workout-
A. step ups w. 35# dumbbells
B. bent over row w. 35# dumbbells
C. push press w. 25# dumbbells
D. barbell curl w. ez bar + 5# on each side
E. rv. crunch w. ankle weights

2:30PM- 2 scoops surge

3:30PM- 2 scoops MD, 1 Flameout

4:30PM- NEPA walk w. 30# toddler in carrier on my back or pushing her in stroller, 2-4 miles

7:30PM- 2 scoops MD, 2 Flameout

in bed 9/9:30

I have one more shake to go today and I’m feeling like I can not hang in there. I am craving healthy solid food soooooo badly: chicken, vegetables, and brown rice to be specific. This is really hard for me, sadly, maybe too hard. I still want to train/prepare and compete in the bikini contest May 5th. I’m wondering if I have to be so extreme. Contemplating V-Diet light. Maybe I should sleep on it?

[quote]piscesgirl022077 wrote:
I have one more shake to go today and I’m feeling like I can not hang in there. I am craving healthy solid food soooooo badly: chicken, vegetables, and brown rice to be specific. This is really hard for me, sadly, maybe too hard. I still want to train/prepare and compete in the bikini contest May 5th. I’m wondering if I have to be so extreme. Contemplating V-Diet light. Maybe I should sleep on it? [/quote]

Hang in there,If I were going to cheat I would do it in the morning.Have an egg white omlette ( about 8 egg whites equal about 26gs of protein )with some green veggies mixed in. Egg whites are the perfect protein with virtually no carbs but they are very filling.

Thanks for the encouragement TallRob, and the suggestion about breakfast instead.

I made it through the craving. With a lot of grumpiness and complaining (my poor husband…) I’m up with a bit of insomnia, kindof hungry but mostly thirsty so I made a chrystal light and decided to check in.

I’m glad I didn’t give in. I had to tap in to the part of me that trained for and ran a marathon. I don’t necessarily enjoy running but I do like the fact that it boosts my mood, gives me a sense of accomplishment and other things like that. So, while this program is hard, if I can train for and run a marathon, I have a disciplined and goal driven part of me that is strong and can do this (with support).

I am more likely to make it through today because of the struggle and victory last night.

I want to keep on going.

I want to get up there on stage May 5th feeling proud and confident, setting an example for my daughter that if you have a dream, make it a goal and find the discipline to do the work to get there. I’ve wanted to do a bikini competition for years now. My eating has been my biggest obstacle (I am good with strength training/exercise- and I’ve worked as a personal trainer for 12 years).

So, in spite of my consistent exercise, my love of junk food has kept me 15-20 pounds above my ideal weight/body composition. I always say if it weren’t for exercise and particularly the metabolic boost I believe weight lifting gives me, I should probably weigh a heck of a lot more. I probably eat up to 4000 calories on a bad day. So the fact that I weigh in the 120s somewhere says a lot for exercise.

Thanks.

Today’s Plan:

6AM- 2 HOT-ROX, 1 se7en

6:30- 2 scoops MD, 1 Flameout,

8AM- NEPA walk with 30 my pound toddler in carrier or pushed in stroller (unless too cold out)

9:30- 1 scoop MD, 1 Flameout

11:30- 2 scoops MD, 1 Flameout

12:30- take a nap with my daughter- unless we don’t make it on the NEPA walk this morning- plan B is to walk on treadmill 2-4 miles @ 2% incline while she naps. Take 2 HOT-ROX prior to NEPA if I walk at this time, or after if I nap with her.

3- 1 scoop MD, 1 Flameout

6- 2 scoops MD, 2T flax, 2T. natural peanut butter, 1 Flameout, 1 se7en

in bed by 9

hopefully sleep through the night- for all of us.

Day 4 coming to a close. Still going.

Followed my plan for the day almost exactly. Was a little late on a few of the shakes but only like a half hour so within the 3-4 hour window which, to my understanding, is the ideal…right?

Plan for tomorrow:
try to avoid the scale, just wait til the weekend to weigh in and measure.

6AM- 2 HOT-ROX, 1 Se7en

6:30- 2 scoops MD, 1 Flameout, 2 scoops Superfood

9AM- 1 scoop MD, 1 Flameout

10AM WORKOUT (intermediate, except abs I do beginner+, need to due to surgery can not do the wheel)
Deadlift @ 115#
Decline DB bench press w. 27.5# dumbbells
Pull Down, neutral grip @ 85#
Plank Hold: 30 seconds w. a 25# plate on my back

11AM- 2 scoops Surge

12PM- 2 scoops MD, 1 Flameout

2PM- 2 HOT-ROX

3PM- 1 scoop MD, 1 Flameout, 2 scoops Superfood

4PM- NEPA walk

6PM- 2 scoops MD, 2T peanut butter, 2T. flax, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Se7en

In bed by 9/9:30

Keep to the plan, keep working hard.

Workout Report:
A. Deadlift @ 115#
(8,6,6,6,4,4,3,3)
B. Decline DB bench press w. 27.5# DBs (55# total)
(9,9,9,6,7)
C. Lat Pull Down, neutral grip @ 85#
(8,8,8,6,6,6,6)- oops just realized i did a few too many- didn’t add right
D. Plank Hold w. 25# plate on my back
(30 second holds, 5 sets total)

Oh, and I need to confess, I stepped on the scale this morning even though I wasn’t planning to. It was up a little from yesterday- which I deserved for saying I wasn’t going to get on the scale but doing it anyways. So I will try to stay off til Sunday when I will do measurements too. I want to maybe do some calipers too since tape measurement calculations put me at over 26% bodyfat. Isn’t 30% considered obese? I can’t believe the level of denial I must be in to have such a high body fat and not be more uncomfortable. I mean, I don’t like what I see or how I feel but to be so close to being obese is very scary to me. I did an underwater weigh thing a few years ago at about the same weight and I was 15%. I guess having a baby and eating like garbage can really pile on the fat. At least I’m doing something about it now.

Plan For Tomorrow: (DAY 6)

6AM - 2 HOT-ROX

6:30AM- 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout

9AM- NEPA walk (60 mins outside, mostly flat terrain, pushing 30# toddler in stroller or carrying on back)

10:30AM- 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 1 Flameout

2:30PM- 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 scoops Superfood, 1 Flameout

5:30PM- 1 scoop Metabolic Drive, 2 Flameout

7:30PM- HSM @ PF Changs: seared ahi, gluten free garlic snap peas, gluten free spinach stir fried w garlic, gluten free singapore street noodles, gluten free spicey chicken, and one of the gluten free beef entrees- I may not eat all this but I want to order it! I’m going with my supportive husband so I’m sure he will let me order what I want and take care of what I am too full to eat. I hear that happens on the HSM day, people say they fill up fast.

sliced apple when I get home for dessert. (optional)

Opinions and suggestions welcome. I am nervous about the HSM. Willing to just buy stuff and cook at home but it would be so nice to go out like a normal person for one meal. I’m willing to do whatever works. I don’t want all this effort so far to be for nothing.

Thanks!