Biotest

Lbs and Body Fat Loss

Hi Chris
I am into my second week but wanted to post my 1st week results here
9they are on the diet log also) i lost 10.5 lbs and 1.1% fat. my rease for putting this here is i am actually concerned of loosing to much weight. i started at 205 and 25.6% fat I like weighing in the 200,s but really want to drop my fat way down. i am concerned if i continue to lose weight this rapidly i will lose a lot of muscle.
That being said i do feel much stronger and the workouts are very intense. i did my first v burn in 14.02 min
i am very full on this diet tho so adding shakes is out of the question. some days it is hard enough to choke them all down as it is.
thanks
Mike

[quote]eagledesigncorp wrote:
Hi Chris
I am into my second week but wanted to post my 1st week results here
9they are on the diet log also) i lost 10.5 lbs and 1.1% fat. my rease for putting this here is i am actually concerned of loosing to much weight. i started at 205 and 25.6% fat I like weighing in the 200,s but really want to drop my fat way down. i am concerned if i continue to lose weight this rapidly i will lose a lot of muscle.
That being said i do feel much stronger and the workouts are very intense. i did my first v burn in 14.02 min
i am very full on this diet tho so adding shakes is out of the question. some days it is hard enough to choke them all down as it is.
thanks
Mike[/quote]

Mike - depending on how much you needed to lose and how much water weight you were holding that number can be perfectly fine.

Don’t sweat it, follow the plan and you will be good.

Wanting to be in the 200’s when you’re 205 and starting the V-Diet isn’t going to work unless you’re super lean, which right now you aren’t.

Lose the fat, not much will be muscle loss, then cleanly build up to 200. Would be even better if you can start I3G after the V-Diet. Then you will really build lean muscle and continue to lose fat.

You won’t lose muscle if you follow the diet to the T.

Also, how are you measuring body fat? If it’s anything electrical, it’s horribly inaccurate. How are your tape measurements? Pics? Pants sizes?

And you like weighing in the 200’s? What if it’s useless, unhealthy, ugly fat? That cool? It’s all about the scale weight though, right?

Luckily, we’ve covered this:

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/the_fat_sucking_machine

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
You won’t lose muscle if you follow the diet to the T.

Also, how are you measuring body fat? If it’s anything electrical, it’s horribly inaccurate. How are your tape measurements? Pics? Pants sizes?

And you like weighing in the 200’s? What if it’s useless, unhealthy, ugly fat? That cool? It’s all about the scale weight though, right?

Luckily, we’ve covered this:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/the_fat_sucking_machine[/quote]

Chris, I know you don’t favor BF measurements, but besides the mirror, how should one really go about deciding went to start to focus on adding muscle instead of dropping the body fat?

A lot of the articles I read on here say; get down to 10% before trying to add muscle, or other articles saying there’s no reason most people can’t stay at 10% year round. I, myself would like to get ‘10%’, at least that 10% ‘look’ before I start trying to add muscle.

The leaner you are the better your body can handle calories, nutrient partitioning, etc. right?

@SCOOZE: That’s pretty much it. When an already too-chubby person goes on a mass phase, he’s very likely to gain way more fat than muscle. Better to be lean first. Using Indigo-3G can really help with this though – more nutrients shuttled toward muscle than fat storage when bulking.

Thanks everyone

Chris measurements etc are on the diet log

i am not to hung up on the scale. just want to be in that 10% BF look but with some solid mass. a few years back i went body fat nuts and took my self to 2.5% and yes was ripped beyond belief but weighed like 165 on a 6’ med to heavy frame i had people asking if i was dying. and my energy and strength was horrible. so i mean 185 with abs, good energy and strengh would be fine (i know big wish list)

I definatly do want to follow this up with either v diet lite to get BF lower or roll right into I G 3