Biotest

Landwaster's V-Diet Log

Tomorrow’s the big day–However, I dont get my supps from Biotest until Wednesday, thus I’m forced to try and recreate the composition of the shakes from items purchased locally. I’ll being using 1 scoop Whey Isolate/Whey Concentrate and 1 Scoop Micellar Casein. Neither powder has more than 4g of carbs or more than 2g fat. In lieu of Superfood, I’ll be using Berry Green. No Leucine. In place of Flameout is Carlsons Fish Oil.

Hopefully these will be satisfactory until my Biotest products arrived.

A little about me–I’m currently doing some training that involves sitting behind a computer all day, so I’ve softened up over the last few months. I normally do the Sealfit.com WOD when I’m at home, but I haven’t had the motivation for 1:30-2 hours of high intensity work while I’ve been at this course. Basically, I’m looking to try and get back to my “fighting weight,” while hopefully finally losing those stubborn areas of fat that just never want to go away. I could care less about size, I just want definition.

Some stats:

Weight: 219.2
Neck: 16
Shoulders: 54
Chest Upper: 48
Chest Lower: 45
Waist: 37
Upper arm: 15
Thigh: 23.5

Landwaster's V-Diet Log II

Sweet tats man.
Why not just wait til Wednesday to start?

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
Sweet tats man.
Why not just wait til Wednesday to start?[/quote]

Thanks…the one on my right arm isn’t very sweet though, I had it lasered on saturday and that’s why it looks all funky

Why not wait til Wednesday? Haha, because I’m impatient! That, and I want to start on a Monday. If I wait til next week, I’ll still be in the first phase of the diet when I leave the course that I’m in to go home. I’d like to be transitioning at that point…

Do I think I’m setting myself up for failure? No. It’s two days and aside from the leucine, I think I’ve got a good substitute for the shakes…

haha. ok ok…thats actually logical, not just because you want to! I have a discernment for illogical people.

Deeeeaaaar Diary…Hilarious, I feel like an adolescent female.

Anyway, Day 1:

So I just finished watching “Zombieland,” which if you haven’t seen it, it’s an absolute gas and definitely worth checking out, and now I’m enjoying my bedtime shake. As far as observations, no real difficulties today. I know it’s Day 1 and I’m sure I’ll crave food psychologically in the near future, but in terms of hunger, I felt fine. The shakes are filling and I feel no real burning hunger pains throughout the day.

Started off the day with 30 minutes on a treadmill doing 4.0 mph at 6.0 elevation. Nice way to get the juices flowing. At lunch, I took walk over to the mini-mall to score an Americano from Starbuck’s. Black, of course. After work, I got after it in the gym. I opted for the intermediate program, as I like the combination of exercises. Loads are as follows:

FS: 225
Chin-Ups: 35
DB Bench: 90’s
Ab rollouts: 10, 7, 3

After “dinner,” I took a walk. Twas a lovely Carolina evening and I got another 30 minutes in.

That’s about it. Cant wait to get my Biotest supps. I’m already thinking of ways to get inventive with the shakes, and I had a stroke of brilliance. I’m thinking Vanilla Chai: the bedtime shake with Vanilla powder, warm water, a little vanilla extract, dash of cardamom, dash of cinnamon, and dash of nutmeg. Similarly, I was also thinking Mexican Hot Chocolate: bedtime shake in Chocolate, warm water, dash of chipotle pepper, and dash of cinnamon. I’ll have to experiment…

[quote]Landwaster wrote:
“Zombieland,” [/quote]
yes, hysterical

Where are you at? N/S? I’m in Greenville.

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:

[quote]Landwaster wrote:
“Zombieland,” [/quote]
yes, hysterical

Where are you at? N/S? I’m in Greenville.

[/quote]

America’s hometown-Fayetteville NC

God, I cant wait to leave.

[quote]

God, I cant wait to leave.[/quote]

touche, my friend touche

I can’t wait to get back home to my special lady so I can once again engage in my FAVORITE form of NEPA

Day 2:

Easy day overall. NEPA in the morning, at lunch in the afternoon, and in the evening.

Can’t wait to get my Biotest supps tomorrow. All I’ve had is chocolate powders; which, needless to say, is getting quite monotonous. I can report, however, that the mexican hot chocolate idea was a resounding success and really spiced up the day, both literally and figuratively speaking.

My girlfriend mentioned scallops when we were talking on the phone this evening and i started fantasizing about plump sea scallops encircled by a piece of thick applewood smoked bacon…pork and mollusk locked in a savory embrace…

…and then I chewed on a Fiber choice tablet. Sigh.

[quote]Landwaster wrote:

My girlfriend mentioned scallops when we were talking on the phone this evening and i started fantasizing about plump sea scallops encircled by a piece of thick applewood smoked bacon…pork and mollusk locked in a savory embrace…[/quote]

Scallops were totally my first HSM last year. You won’t regret it.

Yahtzee!

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:

[quote]Landwaster wrote:

My girlfriend mentioned scallops when we were talking on the phone this evening and i started fantasizing about plump sea scallops encircled by a piece of thick applewood smoked bacon…pork and mollusk locked in a savory embrace…[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha, you too were lured in by the siren’s song of the aforementioned bivalve

[quote]Landwaster wrote:

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:

[quote]Landwaster wrote:

[/quote]

Haha, you too were lured in by the siren’s song of the aforementioned bivalve [/quote]

YES
There is this restaurant in New Bern that has THE best scallops…not that they are hard to make, but they’re the best I’ve ever had. I’ve got to remember the name of that place!

Day 3:

Again, no real issues. I was stoked to finally get my Biotest items, so now I am absolutely 100% compliant; no more guesswork.

My first impression of the Biotest products:

Vanilla MD-eh.
Chocolate MD- haven’t had it by itself yet, but with the Superfood, flax, leucine it wasn’t half bad. WAY better then my concoction with the Berry Green. That shit is vile by comparison.
Strawberry MD- Just had a smidgeon to try the taste; doesn’t seem bad
Superfood-see above
Surge-Dont like it. Way too sweet–I do realize we’re stimulating an insulin response, but DAMN. I thought having something sweet would be nice, but it wasn’t enjoyable.
HOT-ROX-Rasberry burps and SWEAT

Did NEPA on my lunch break. Only 30 minutes today.

Workout numero 2 when I got home from work. Loads are as follows:

Reverse Lunge: 40s
Bent Over Row: 70’s
PP: 135
Curl: 85
Reverse Crunch: 18, 12 10

I did experience a little more hunger this evening…I think I should’ve pushed back my “dinner” shake. Live and learn.

Dude, I wish that were just a little bit closer…I’m actually contemplating going up to Raleigh for my HSM. Fayetteville is nothing but chain restaurants, which i really don’t care for.

Eh, New Bern is about an hour from me, but I love me some seafood on the water. Raleigh is fun! Greenville, also, is chain restaurant heaven. It’s as if the people in those small towns believe that the way to embody a true American is to support only capitalistic ventures.

I like your reviews of the products, esp the HOT-ROX. For the vanilla, try adding instant coffee…Superfood to vanilla makes a nice combo too.

As for the surge, I felt the same way the first time I had it. What kind did you get? I use original, and I literally had to stop myself from gagging the first time I tried it. For whatever reason, after that first time though, I have loved it. Hopefully you’ll experience the same transition.

[quote]Landwaster wrote:

Dude, I wish that were just a little bit closer…I’m actually contemplating going up to Raleigh for my HSM. Fayetteville is nothing but chain restaurants, which i really don’t care for.[/quote]

You can go to the Bojangles…or the Bojangles…or the Bojangles…or the Waffle House! haha

Lookin strong man. Your lifts are pretty decent. I am tall like you, so I think we have a legitimate case for the fact that Ashley (Polsen) can use similar weights to us in reverse lunges hahahaha…that’s my story anyway, and I’m sticking to it.

Haha, sounds right, I think the only one you missed is the Golden Corral. Good Lord, that place makes my stomach churn. Everyone is morbidly obese and carrying around an oxygen tank.

Thanks for the comment on the lifts. Nothing like your numbers, but hopefully I’ll improve. Haven’t been much of a strength guy, I’ve always focused more on power and work capacity.

Anyway, Just got done with some morning NEPA. Took two HOT-ROX and fired up my power song, Madball-“Show No Fear.” Felt superhuman, like the Kool-aid man.

Day 4:

Too easy.

NEPA in the morning and afternoon. 30 minutes in the AM and another 30 in the PM. Not much to report.