Biotest

Label, 'Low Calorie Protein Diet' Warning?

On the Mag-10 warning label it states that “low calorie protein diets may cause serious illness or death.” (below 400 calories a day)

I’m unsure how to measure the amount of protein I have each day in calories. On a typical day, I eat at least 200 grams of protein.

So I’m unsure what the warning label is implying. I would appreciate it if an expert could help me with the details and inform me with facts.

Thank you.

That warning label is required by Big Government on any protein powder, workout drink or meal replacement. You know, sort of how a jar of peanuts has to have the allergy warning “contains nuts.”

A gram of protein has 4 calories.

[quote]notthiskid wrote:
On the MAG-10 warning label it states that “low calorie protein diets may cause serious illness or death.” (below 400 calories a day)

I’m unsure how to measure the amount of protein I have each day in calories. On a typical day, I eat at least 200 grams of protein.

So I’m unsure what the warning label is implying. I would appreciate it if an expert could help me with the details and inform me with facts.

Thank you. [/quote]

The warning basically means the following:

Do not go on a low calorie protein only diet, meaning do not stop eating meals and consuming only protein supplements as well as do not have a diet that consists of 400 calories or less a day (depending on your activity level and size, you’re going to need way more than 400 calories just to hit maintenance calories).