Biotest

La Dieta de Velocidad!

Hey, Everyone!

I’m going to be starting the V-Diet in about a week (whenever my supplies get here). I’m not overweight by any means and I don’t need to lose any weight. However, I want to prove to myself that I can do this. I’m also told that I have great self control of my daily diet, so I want to prove to myself that I actually am.

Another reason that I’m going to do the V-Diet is because I rarely make the time to eat regularly during the week. I’m a college student with a full load (19hrs) and two majors, Chemistry & Math ( & Physics/Spanish minors), along with undergrad research and a Lab TA. So I’m rarely at home, and when I am, I have ~1-2 hours where I’m not studying a day. This Diet will make meal prep SUPER quick and I’ll be sure to get a more balanced nutrition.

I don’t eat poorly now, but I can only eat 2, maybe 3 time a days, and it is generally a 6 egg omelet with cheese and something like milk/cottage cheese/nuts.

I’ve trained consistently since 15 years old, I turn 19 in early March, so I will finish the main 4 weeks pretty much on my birthday. I’ve done sport training (wrestling), then bodybuilding, powerlifting (1 meet) and Olympic lifting (1 meet). I’m also planning on competing in a bodybuilding show in the summer, so this will give me a great time to see how well the V-diet works for me as a contest prep, since I never gain too much excess fat. I’m sitting around 9-10%, and I’ve had a low of 5-6%.

Now that you know much more than you should about me; my training.
I have built my own home gym, thanks to the EliteFTS, CraigsList and HomeDepot. haha
(Here is a link to a video of it; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASXKDqBTOPw )

I’ve done every type of training, and I’m terrible about sticking to one program, though I may have found one for me, during school. I plan on sticking with Dan John’s
One Lift a Day Program" because it has a good emphasis on strength, short workouts and being proficient in all type of compound lifts. I’ll most likely add in some MetCon type workouts to help burn some fat along with the V-Diet.

Thank you to everyone that follows me or just takes a peek.
I’ll be posting some pics and measurements within the next week, or tomorrow, depending on when the supplies arrive.

Notes;
1)Young, proving something to myself.
2)Done just about every type of training.
3)Will be begin when my supps (food) get here.
4)Have a home gym.
5)Doing "One Lift A Day Program"
6)Telling you way too much. =)

Alders

[quote]Alderslodge wrote:
I’ll most likely add in some MetCon type workouts to help burn some fat along with the V-Diet.

Alders[/quote]

My $.02:

Just do the diet AND the exerises as they’ve laid 'em out.

The weight workouts are refreshingly different.

Plus, it’s no fair if we don’t get some feedback on how you did on the V-Burn.

Good luck.

Oh, I plan on doing the V-Burn, but I meant adding a MetCon with variants of what are in the prescribed workouts. Since I have little equipment and even less time, I am doing a primary lift, then the ‘MetCon’ with the other variants to get done quick. I know that it is frowned upon to change somethings, but I don’t care. I should have been more explicit on what I meant by MetCon in the original post. =)

Nothing arrived today (other than my Organic Molecule Kit) so I’ll lay out what vitamins/supplements that I’ve been taking until now and plan to take throughout the diet.

Every morning with my first meal I have;
4-5g Sugar-Free Fiber
400mcg Selenium
3000-4000mg (3-4g) Fish Oil
800mg Echinacea
1000 Vit. C
500mcg Vit B-12
10000 I.U. Vit A
800 I.U. Vit D
800mcg Folic Acid
3 Tablets of Probiotic/Enzyme Complex
3 Equate Multivitamin Tablets

I usually split this all into 2 servings about 45minutes apart .

Today;
Left for school 8:30am, got home at 6:30pm

Training at 7pm

Front Squats;
455-8

Finished that in about 15-20 minutes.

Then 44-45in box jumps X 5

KB Complex w/ 73lb KB;
5 swings
5 snatches, left
5 snatches, right
5 swings
5 snatches, left
5 snatches, right
10 swings.
Finished in about 1:15

Then 1 minute later…

45in Box jumps X 15 reps.

Finished all in ~35 minutes, a little longer than I had expected.

Alders

I am doing a primary lift, then the ‘MetCon’ with the other variants to get done quick. [/quote]

Just be aware that your energy levels may be a wee bit lower on this thing.

Some of the things you can do that you’ve taken for granted may not come as easily during this process.

I’m well aware that I could feel very run down at times. lol. I’ve dieted before, but nothing quite to this extent. I’ve done low carb (sub 50/day) for 2-3 months at a time, and I don’t feel any less energetic while training, my mom is the same way. ha.

Thank you for keeping me aware though!

Friday night’s training;

Warm-up;
Barbell Complex with 45lb bar
Burgener Warm-up with 45lb bar

Power Snatches;
455-8

KB Complex with a 73lb kettlebell (2 Pood)
5 Swings
5 Snatches, left
5 snatches, right
5 Snatches, left
5 snatches, right
5 swings

Box Jumps;
38in *5
40in *3
44in *25, done in about 2 minutes.

Cold Shower

Today I tested the V-Burn, much to reactiontm’s delight, and it was absolutely harder than I first though, which is another area that I can strive to improve.

Still waiting for my goods to get here, tracking says that it will be here Monday evening, so the diet will commence on Tuesday, February 1st!

Alders

Not much happened today, just a relaxing day since I finished all of my homework Friday night/Saturday morning. I did a NEPA walk today, trying to get into a daily routine, so I’ve become somewhat accustomed when I began the diet. That way when I began the diet, not everything changes at once.

For the walk I went through the woods of my neighborhood and picked up some trash, something that always needs to be done. I was outside for 25 to 30 minutes and just enjoyed the beautiful day.

I’m really pumped to begin the diet!

Alders

Not much happened today, just a relaxing day since I finished all of my homework Friday night/Saturday morning. I did a NEPA walk today, trying to get into a daily routine, so I’ve become somewhat accustomed when I began the diet. That way when I began the diet, not everything changes at once.

For the walk I went through the woods of my neighborhood and picked up some trash, something that always needs to be done. I was outside for 25 to 30 minutes and just enjoyed the beautiful day.

I’m really pumped to begin the diet!

Alders

Glad you’re so pumped about it. Ride that excitement all the way through. Good luck to you, although I don’t think you’ll need it!

Hey, I’m back! Sorry that’s it been a few days since I’ve posted, I’ve been quite busy.

I got all of my supplies Monday and I started yesterday (Tuesday). With the second day being done, I feel great!
I felt a little queezy this morning after my workout this morning, but I think that was because I rarely do anything other 5 reps, ha, and the workout called for 8-10 reps per set (Yes, if you read my earlier post I wasn’t going to directly follow the workouts) but I decided that it is better safe than sorry to follow everything to a dime.

This was the second workout, following the ‘advanced’ template because I love front and overhead squats, yet I’ll be doing the intermediate V-Burn, the advanced kicked my butt, badly. hahaha.

The weights for the past workouts were as followed;

Day 1, 20-22 reps total
OHS; 156lbs
Blast Strap Dips + 15kg
Bentover Rows (Underhand); 185lbs

Day 2; 40-42 reps total
Romanian Deadlifts; 225lbs
Incline BB Bench; 136lbs
Pulls-Ups w/ Blast Straps & L-Sit (Only way I can do them in my home gym).
BB Curl; 83lbs

None of these were actually 5RM (Day 1) or 8-9RM (Day 2) because I haven’t done any other these I a very regular basis, so I had no previous training to get a great judgment of where I would be, I will be upping the weights next week (Hopefully! lol).

I’ll try to get my measurements and pictures to night…

I also discovered a bad habit that I have since starting the diet; I randomly walk by the 'fridge and open it, just to peek inside, even if I’m not hungry, and I don’t take anything out. I just open it up and close it. Kinda strange, I thought.

If I don’t post in the next few days it’s because the first round of exams for the semester is about to begin… I have a differential equations test, E&M (Physics 2, calc) test, ancient spanish literature (in spanish) test and an organic chemistry test. All within the next week, so i’ll be studying hard and spending very little time online, just to let y’all that read my log know. =)

Have a great day and good luck to everyone on the V-Diet!

Alders

Hey, everyone!

Day four almost down. I’ve decided that I’ll make today my first HSM, not because I feel like I need it, but because I feel that Fridays are the end of the week and will signify a complete week. haha.

So far, I’ve had literally no temptation to eat anything other than my shakes, which aren’t pleasing though. Therefore, I say I’m doing great! I haven’t been able to weigh myself yet, which is TERRIBLE since it is a good way to measure progress on a diet. However, our scale is the devil, it fluctuates 5-6lbs each direction and never zeros out. ha, so needless to say it’s pointless.

I’ll be measuring my progress through pictures and my pants. I’ve been able to go down 2-3 notches on my belt that I wear everyday! and my pants are still have some room.

Workouts are great! I’ve yet to do the Friday one yet because of limited time, so i’ll do it early Saturday. Darn studying, homework and family getting in the way! lol.

Good luck everyone out there!
Until next time!
Alders

Workouts are great![/quote]

Glad you decided to try them.

You really should try to find a reliable scale, as it helps to motivate.

You listed cold shower. Are you doing that to help accelerate fat burning, or is that just your flavor?

Thanks for diverting my mind!

I know, I should find one… =/ We tried to get a triple beam balance scale, but never went through with it. Grr.
Primarily, I just like the cold showers, but I have noticed that I’m often less sore after the cold showers. And I feel awake.

Finished my HSM about an hour ago. It was good, but nothing spectacular, which is great since it shouldn’t be too hard to make it to the end with success. =)

I had a thin and super lean flank steak, grilled onions and a jalapeño. And a good bit of guacamole with salad; tomatoes and lettuce! Very refreshing meal.

Alders

Back for another update with pictures and measurement, finally!

I finished my Friday workout on this morning (Saturday) and I have to say, it sucked! Definitely a rough ad tough workout. It’s not too much different than Mondays workout, but that extra 5 reps total (about a set average) kicked my butt. I definitely felt queezy afterward, but that quickly subsided after getting some cold water after the workout.

I did front squats; 235 for 5 sets of 5
Bench Press; 185 for 5 sets of 5, I haven’t done these in about 6 weeks, I can feel it in my shoulder pretty well (little pain that is, I’m such a pansy. haha)
Blast strap chins w/ L-sits; 5,10,8,2
KB Push-press w/ 73lb KB; 2 sets of 5 each arm. These are new to me, so I feel them very oddly in my shoulders, very hard to stabilize yet.

All were done with the 30 seconds of rest between sets.

And now… measurements!!

Weight; 173.25lbs, I found out that our Wii has a built in scale, which was great, because we threw0 out the other scale (it was horrid with consistency). So I’m much lighter than I thought, I was thinking 180-185lbs!

Height; 5’ 8.5" I actually wish that I were about 5’ 7" but that can’t change. lol
Neck; 16in straight around, 17.5 to top of sternum
Shoulders; 50" just a smidge over, not enough to count.
Nipple line;44"
Upper chest; 44"
1" above naval; 31"
Waist @ naval; 32"
Hips; 32.75"
Upper Arm L; 15"
Upper Arm R; 14.75"
Lower Arm L; 13.25"
Lower Arm R; 13"
Mid Thigh L; 23"
Mid Thigh R; 23"
Lower Leg L; 15"
Lower Leg R: 14.75"

Keep in mind, these were after 5 days on the diet, since I, sadly, didn’t make the time to take some before. Lazy, lazy me…

Now time for some homework, then off to Atlanta to spend some time with my brother and his family (and their baby girl!) @ Ga Tech, he’s in the PhD program for Chemistry there. Yes, I’m gloating, but it’s because he deserves it and I’m so proud of him. =D

Alders

Well damn, the pictures didn’t go through and the one that it was in the wrong place…noob FTL…ha

Alders

KB Push-press w/ 73lb KB; 2 sets of 5 each arm. These are new to me, so I feel them very oddly in my shoulders, very hard to stabilize yet.[/quote]

You’ve got all the tools.

I would suggest you try the push presses with a barbell- it’s challenging and quite invigorating- a real good finishing exercise to that Friday routine.

How’s it going everyone?! So I’m about to finish my first week, tonight will be 7 whole days!

Yesterday was definitely the hardest yet, I was at home with very little work to do, so I was just sitting around. I threw in an extra workout because I was so bored and tempted to eat! Luckily, a family friend came by to drop off some firewood, so I had something to do for about an hour.

Today was much better, mainly because I had school to occupy my time.

My workout today was;
Bent Over Rows; 195lbs, 20 reps
OHS;170lbs, 17 reps, then 3 back squat reps. My shoulder were too unstable. ha
Dips; BW + Band for 17 reps, then 3 reps, just bodyweight.

Great workout, my shoulders/traps were sore from yesterdays put together workout.

Another point; I weighed in at 171lbs tonight! Down about 2-3 lbs from Friday, and I’m more hydrated today than I have been the entire weeks.

I also just uploaded a bunch of videos to my Youtube. Workouts from this past week, y’all can check them if you please, just search ‘Alderslodge’ in youtube and my videos should be the only ones to pop up.

That’s all for today. Keep on truckin’ everyone!

Alders