Biotest

Klshoe and JWD's V-Diet Log

Hi all, we’re dating and decided to try this together because it’s always easier with support. We’ve been lurking for a while and really like all the support this community provides each other as well. So this is actually day 4 but we haven’t had time to update yet. We started Wednesday 4/29. I’m updating now but jwd will contribute from his account throughout this whole thing. I had a rough time with nausea the first day but it was much better the second day. However, I actually did throw up on Thursday night after I had a glass of iced tea. I was worried about that but yesterday and today have gone well…no more iced tea haha. I’m going to post pictures and stats later this afternoon.

Thanks!

Ok, here are this pics as promised.

Back

Left side

Right side.

good luck to the both of you. Luckily I didn’t have that hard of a time with the nausea

ok, measurements…jld’s

Height 73 inches
Weight 246 lbs
Neck 17 inches
Shoulders 53 inches
Chest - Upper 46 inches
Chest - Lower 43.75 inches
Waist - at Navel 45 inches
Waist - at largest 45 inches
Hips - at largest 46 inches
Upper Arm - L 15.25 inches
Upper Arm - R 15.25 inches
Upper Leg - L 26.5 inches
Upper Leg - R 26.5 inches
Lower Leg - L 17.25 inches
Lower Leg - R 17.75 inches
Ankle - L 9.5 inches
Ankle - R 9.5 inches

Klshoe’s measurements

Height 69 inches
Weight 154 lbs
Neck 12.25 inches
Shoulders 39.5 inches
Chest - Upper 34.5 inches
Chest - Lower 32 inches
Waist - at Navel 31 inches
Waist - at largest 37 inches
Hips - at largest 40.5 inches
Upper Arm - L 12 inches
Upper Arm - R 12 inches
Upper Leg - L 22 inches
Upper Leg - R 22 inches
Lower Leg - L 14.25 inches
Lower Leg - R 14.25 inches
Ankle - L 9.25 inches
Ankle - R 9 inches

Hey all,

Klshoe pretty much summed it up, but I just wanted to say how excited I was to find this program. For the past two years, I have been working full-time and getting my MBA on the weekends (5 hours away from home!), and my health has certainly suffered.

I can’t think of the last time I had a healthy meal. Food was about convenience. I avoided fast food for the most part, but still I ate out every night. Then about 7 months ago, I started travelling three days a week for work, and the food choices became even worse. Also, my workout schedule went from 4-5 days a week to virtually non-existent.

Unsurprisingly, my weight has ballooned. As of Fall 2007, I was 221 and 14% BF. Now I am at 245 with about 25%. Needless to say, I needed to hit the reset button. I found this program and somehow convinced klshoe to embark on this little odyssey with me.

Diet-wise, the first four days have been a breeze. I haven’t been hungry and while I can’t say I enjoy the shakes, they aren’t nearly as disgusting as what I was putting down my throat every night. I do also relish the raspberry sushi burps I get from the HOT-ROX and Flameout.

The workouts on the other hand, WOW! I have always lifted medium to heavy with longer rest periods in between (2-3 minutes), and the short rest periods were something my body was not ready for. After the first two exercises, I had to visit the porcelain convenience for a little projectile vomiting. No worries, to be expected after sitting on my ass for the past 20 months.

Anyway, that’s it for now. I’ll be sure to drop by again soon.

Jwd

Welcome kids! :slight_smile: Im doing the V-Diet with my bff and I could not have gotten to day 27 without him! KLshoe, Our measurements are very similar.

After the first 5 days, you shouldnt have any nausea. Nate also made the breakfast shake taste awesome. I looooove it now. He makes one scoop chocolate, one scoop vanilla. Tastes like milk chocolate even with the Superfood.

[quote]ringer2u wrote:
Welcome kids! :slight_smile: Im doing the V-Diet with my bff and I could not have gotten to day 27 without him! KLshoe, Our measurements are very similar.

After the first 5 days, you shouldnt have any nausea. Nate also made the breakfast shake taste awesome. I looooove it now. He makes one scoop chocolate, one scoop vanilla. Tastes like milk chocolate even with the Superfood.[/quote]

Thanks Ringer :slight_smile: I’ll hafta try that. It really is the taste that throws me sometimes so I think I’ll make my dinner bedtime shake half chocolate and half vanilla.

I did my first v challenge today and whoa. Ok, so I run marathons and that kicked my ass in a short amount of time. I loved it. Can’t wait to see how sore I am tomorrow.

JWD and I are about to go have our HSM at outback and I can’t wait…solid food that’s not pb…what’s that?

Hope everyone’s having a great weekend!

Oh man. I’m sitting at work now getting ready to go to class tonight and the urge to have a potbelly’s cookie is SO overwhelming. I’m trying to keep my mind occupied but I never realized how food obsessed I was. I’ll be the first to admit that I LOVE food but I didn’t realize I thought about it this much time out of the day. I think I need a hobby that will keep my mind off of food. I just don’t know what.

Suggestions of what you all did when this happened to you?

Klshoe,

Thanks for posting on our blog. I’ve always enjoyed food too like anyone else, but never thought about it that much. In the last five days, I’ve thought about food so much. I’ve been in the chemistry lab for over 10 years and my sense of smell has severly diminished over the years.

My sense of smell seems to be coming back with a vengence. My HSM on Sat was an unreal. I could smell and taste all the individual components that I never paid attention to or noticed before. My recommendation for fighting the urges and the hunger is to keep busy. I have never been so productive at home as I was this weekend (ie laundry, basement reno, gardening). I find that once I get moving, the distraction helps.

Good luck!

Stay strong klshoe!

[quote]klshoe wrote:
Oh man. I’m sitting at work now getting ready to go to class tonight and the urge to have a potbelly’s cookie is SO overwhelming. I’m trying to keep my mind occupied but I never realized how food obsessed I was. I’ll be the first to admit that I LOVE food but I didn’t realize I thought about it this much time out of the day. I think I need a hobby that will keep my mind off of food. I just don’t know what.

Suggestions of what you all did when this happened to you?[/quote]

When I did my first transformation, I would just get up and walk around, go get some coffee or tea or just walk around my building. anything to take me out of that situation.

Stay strong, you can do it! I’m waiting for my supp’s and will be starting myself, so lets go through this together :slight_smile:

Guess I should make an update as well:

Day 6 alomst done! We did our HSM yesterday and man did it taste good. 12 oz. steak with grilled veggies, a salad with some oil and vinegar and a baked yam.

2nd workout also resulted in a shake coming up the wrong way, but 3rd workout I made it (although still extremely nauseous). Those rest times are kicking my ass! Did the challenge in 25 min I know I can do better, but my lower back is extremely sore after the deadlifts. Goal is to get it under 15 min. Lucky for me klshoe is a wonderful masseuse:)

Tomorrow klshoe and a I will be a quarter of the way through. Measurements to follow.

Oh and tonight klshoe just graduated from her certificate program in survey methodology. Congrats! Proud of you babe.

JWD

keep up the good work

and congrats to shoe for her graduation

Thanks Reaper Man :slight_smile: I really appreciate it. How is everything going for you?

And thanks Bartl! I will most definitely try just getting up and walking around. Iced tea seems like a good distraction as long as I don’t get sick from it again, haha. The walk itself should help though.

Of course last night they had pizza and cheesecake at my last grad certificate class. I could have killed for a piece of either…but yay! Thought of everyone here and didn’t have any :slight_smile:

Klshoe,

Congrats on staying strong! Social situations can be tough. My work has a pretty good social club and has monthly events. Well today was Mexican Day. The whole company met in the cafeteria and had tacos, burritos, salads, etc. I love tacos! I decided to stay at my desk and work. It would have been too painful otherwise.

thanks sgottsch! and congrats to you on staying strong…I don’t think I could have done it. Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorites but I just tried to remind myself that Mexican food wasn’t going anywhere in the next few months. I’m impressed you stayed at your desk…nice job!!

Today is weigh-in/measurement day…those to come soon!!

Ok so I’m down 10.9 lbs (yay!) to 143.1 but barely any inches (boo)…anyone else have this happen? My arms lost a little and my calves but my hips and stomach are still the same…