Biotest

Kjmont's 12 Week Transformation

Tomorrow i begin a slightly tweeked personal 4 week V-Diet as a way to initiate my 12-week maximum fatloss diet.

My plan is:
Weeks 1-4 : V-Diet + 2 pulse fasts per week
Weeks 5-8: Pulse Feast Maintenance set up
Weeks 9-10: Another Fat Loss blitz (haven’t decided on the method yet)
Week 11: Pulse Feast Maintenance + Deload week
Week 12: Peaking (Just for fun)

One little tweek I made for my own personal benefit is that im not going to follow the traditional V-Diet training program, I have a high work capacity even when dieting, so the volume prescribed would feel like a 4 week deload for me.

I will be following High Performance mass training principles.

Whoops forgot to post my stats:
Bodyweight - 177-180 llbs
Bodyfat - 13-14%
Bench Press 3 rep smooth max (no where near grinding) - 225 with fat bar
Military press - 135 with fat bar
Squats with Safety Squat Bar - 165 lbs
Deadlift - 265 lbs
Weighted Pull Ups - Bodyweight + 45 lbs

Yes I my leg numbers suck in comparison to upper body, but I had a knee injury last spring, jumped the gun in training it too early in my recovery and made it worse, so I had maybe 12 leg workouts between March - November, needless to say their a work in progress.

I will post my starting pictures tomorrow, can’t tonight. I hadn’t had carbs in a week due to health reasons linked to my type 1 diabetes, and now im re-carbing and am bloated to hell and back

Day 1 - Pulse Fast - AM workout: Upper Body Performance
I’am going to updating these logs frequently mainly so that I update it at all! If i don’t do it right away ill forget.

I woke up today feeling horrible. For some reason I actually dropped weight from yesterday (I weighed 178 yesterday, today I weighed 176), downed my first pulse than an an hour later took my Alpha-GPC, a cup of coffee and 2 HOT-ROX in preparation for my first workout of the day.

Today on the menu I did:
Fat Bar Standing Military Press - 7 sets, working up to 125 for 2 reps
Push Press - 4 sets, up to 145 for 3 reps (I felt like hell up to this point)
Fat Bar Incline bench press - 9 sets, worked up to a personal best of 195 lbs for 3 reps
Fat Bar Bench Press - 2 sets, stopped the workout because my blood sugar crashed

Day 2 - lower body performance
the past two days have been great for me and my leg training
yesterday i hit a personal best on the safety squat bar (205 x 2 reps)

today i did:
Safety Bar Squats - 5 sets ramping up to 175 lbs, than doubled ramped in the max training zone
Trap Bar Deadlifts - 6 sets up to 195 lbs, than double ramped again
Standing Military Press - 6 sets up to 135 lbs for 3 reps, than double ramped
Than did sled dragging for some leg volume

I had my postworkout Surge drink and fell asleep for about 45 minutes, when i woke up i had lines and creases up and down my arm looking like im retaining water. Does anyone else get this?

idk if this will go through…

Both pictures are from yesterday. Unfortunately I don’t own a camera so these’ll have to do for now.

the past two days have been going pretty well. Yesterday I had a pretty strong deadlift complex workout and todays upper body performance workout was decent enough, no PRs, but kept my lift performance for the most part.

However, yesterday I did have a mental glitch and had the strongest urge for solid food. I can’t say I know why, I’ve gone through more mentally demanding tasks before and managed to do ok, so I am not sure why i had the craving. Thankfully I remained in control and continued through my day mistake free.

Pulse fasting today and going strong! My only question is should I have my healthy solid meal tomorrow to take advantage of the pulse fast rebound effect or just buck it out and wait until friday night like i have planned?

Good luck to you sir! The first few days of the diet are the hardest in my opinion, just getting your body and mind used to that type of “eating”. Quick question? How tall are you? And you look leaner than 13 or 14% body fat from those pictures. What are your long term goals? I’m just honestly surprised you’re wanting to be on a fat loss program for 12 weeks when you already look lean. I guess summer is coming up and I can’t fault someone for wanting to look shredded but I bet you could get there in 6 weeks honestly. Either way, good luck to you!

[quote]MDCharlton wrote:
Good luck to you sir! The first few days of the diet are the hardest in my opinion, just getting your body and mind used to that type of “eating”. Quick question? How tall are you? And you look leaner than 13 or 14% body fat from those pictures. What are your long term goals? I’m just honestly surprised you’re wanting to be on a fat loss program for 12 weeks when you already look lean. I guess summer is coming up and I can’t fault someone for wanting to look shredded but I bet you could get there in 6 weeks honestly. Either way, good luck to you![/quote]

Thanks! I’m 5’11 ish… and my short term goal is to drop down to maybe a comfortable 7% so I can better judge whether im gaining muscle or fat, and to have the cushion to gain some fat without looking bad. My long term goal is to just keeping adding muscle and strength until I hit my genetic ceiling…yes miles and miles to go :).

And I just wanted to play it safe and put in my mind that I was going to have to go through 12 weeks to reach my goal, but if I make it in 6 oh well!

4/6/11 - Lower Body - Extreme Segmentation
Main Workout - Squat Emphasis
Front Squat - 3 x 95 lbs, 3 x 105 lbs, 3 x 115 lbs, 3 x 125 lbs, 3 x 135 lbs, 3 x 145 lbs, 3 x 155 lbs
Back Squat - 3 x 155 lbs, 3 x 165 lbs, 3 x 175 lbs, 1 x 185 lbs (it just didn’t feel right so i cut the workout)

Micro Session 1 - Front squat
Ramping - 3 x 95 lbs, 3 x 105 lbs, 3 x 115 lbs, 3 x 125 lbs
Max Training Zone Loading - 3 x 105 lbs, 3 x 115 lbs, 3 x 125 lbs, 3 x 105 lbs

Micro Session 2 - Back Squat
Ramping - 3 x 115 lbs, 3 x 125 lbs, 3 x 135 lbs, 3 x 145 lbs, 3 x 155 lbs
MTZ Loading - 3 x 135 lbs, 3 x 145 lbs, 3 x 155 lbs

Micro Session 3 - Power Clean
Ramping - 3 x 115 lbs, 3 x 125 lbs, 3 x 135 lbs, 3 x 145 lbs, 3 x 155 lbs

Micro Session 4 - Back Squat
Ramping - 3 x 115 lbs, 3 x 125 lbs, 3 x 135 lbs, 3 x 145 lbs, 3 x 155 lbs, 3 x 165 lbs, 3 x 175 lbs, 2 x 185 lbs (could’ve gotten three but i was a neurally drained by this point)

Micro Session 5 - Stationary Bike
20 minutes Total - 178 calories burned, nothing too intense, just something to get the blood moving to my legs (it was thunder storming out so sled dragging was a no-no)

diet wise everything went great, no deviations at all! excluding adding 2 scoops of Anaconda and 1 of MAG-10, i just cut my afternoon snack shake

Micro-Session 2
Force Spectrum Ramping
A. Bench Press
3 x 155 lbs, 3 x 175 lbs, 3 x 195 lbs, 1 x 225 lbs

Cluster Sets
2 x 1 @ 235 lbs (Failed on third rep and almost got crushed)
Felt like Shit, ended session here

Micro-Session
Force Spectrum Ramping
A. Bradford Press
3 x 75 lbs, 3 x 85 lbs, 3 x 95 lbs, 3 x 105 lbs

Force Spectrum Ramping
B. High-Incline Bench Press
3 x 105 lbs, 3 x 115 lbs, 3 x 135 lbs, 3 x 155 lbs, 1 x 165 lbs

Force Spectrum Ramping
C. Close-Grip Bench Press
3 x 165 lbs, 3 x 185 lbs, 3 x 195 lbs, 2 x 205 lbs

Force Spectrum Ramping
D. Bench Press
2 x 205 lbs, 1 x 225 lbs

(Attempt at cluster training again)
2 x 1 @ 225 lbs, 2 x 1 @ 225 lbs

Gave up on it, and just did a high volume sled session. Just wasn’t feeling these secondary sessions…