Velocity Diet Induction

Vital Stats: - 40 year old male veterinarian
- Height 76 inches, 6’4"
- Weight 295LB

History: - Divorced 2.5 years
- Gained in excess of 60LB post-divorce

Strengths: - Former wrestler
- Solid background in physiology
- Very familiar with my limits - formerly : luxated left shoulder (twice), torn right
pectoral, patellar tendonitis

Weaknesses: - Work schedule is currently 12 hour days
- Sleep schedule is 6 hours or less per night
- Heavy travel - fly from Denver to midwest every other weekend
- Fondness for scotch

Opportunities: - 24 hour gym is just across the parking lot from my vet hospital
- Live at 9400 feet elevation = unique opportunity for anaerobic work

Plan: - AM: Crossfit / Insanity Video (please don’t throw stones)
- PM: Lift - 4 day split following Poliquin routines
- The above workload will stay in effect, but duration and intensity will be tempered the
further I get into the V-Diet. I have plenty of experience with exertional vomiting, but
also know the effects of catabolism and fatigue

• Meal 1: Metabolic Drive Low-Carb Protein 3 scoops, Biotest Superfood 2 scoops, Cold water
    24 oz Flameout EPA/DHA 1 soft gel, HOT-ROX Extreme 1 capsule
  • Meal 2: Metabolic Drive Low-Carb Protein 2 scoops Cold water 16 oz, Flameout EPA/DHA
    1 softgel, HOT-ROX Extreme 1 capsule
  • Meal 3: Metabolic Drive Low-Carb Protein 3 scoops, Cold water 24 oz, Flameout EPA/DHA
    1 softgel, HOT-ROX Extreme 1 capsule
  • Meal 4: Metabolic Drive Low-Carb Protein 2 scoops, Biotest Superfood 2 scoops, Cold water
    16 oz, Flameout EPA/DHA 1 soft gel, HOT-ROX Extreme 1 capsule
  • Meal 5: Metabolic Drive Low-Carb Protein, 3 scoops, Cold water 24 oz, Flameout EPA/DHA
    1 softgel
  • Workout nutrition: SURGE Recovery 2 scoops, Cold water 16 oz

BOOM. Subbed, and good luck! It’ll be interesting to see how the diet plays into trying to do those sorts of workouts.

I’m concerned your going to bonk out from all the cardio involved in the crossfit/insanity workouts. Let us know how that is going.

Pre-Velocity / Day 1

Week one completed.

Day 1 - 195LB
Day 8 - 183.2LB

That is obviously too drastic of a weight drop to be adipose, or even muscle for that matter. Previous to Velocity I drank little to no straight water (averaged 4 to 5 diet sodas per day tops). Given the sudden increase in my fluid intake from all the shakes I definitely down-regulated my ADH and aldosterone levels and urinated out a lot of water. Not intentional, but similar to the standard cuts used by MMA fighters to guzzle water early in the week so by Friday weigh-in the body is tricked into thinking it needs to get rid of all the excess fluid being taken in.

Didn’t bonk this week, but it is a distinct possibility that I’ll try to preemptively avoid.

Due to “forced” social life - I failed the one solid meal rule and ate three.

• Halloween party = bowl of chili and two Coors Lights
  • Saturday morning breakfast out at cafe = two eggs and two strips of bacon and black coffee
  • Saturday evening = 12 oz. T-bone and two Coors Lights

Exercise:

• Lifting = mainly supersets to small circuits favoring functional and olympic lifts.
  • Insanity = pretty comical. I did one rep / movement for about every three that Shaun T’s crew did.

Appetite:

• Kept pretty much under control. Always interested in determining how much is physiological and how much psychological / will power. I am skipping a Bronco’s party this afternoon because I know putting myself in that environment would pretty much guarantee failure due to willpower aspect.

Challenge for this coming week will be two days of flying = total of five flights. Planning on prepackaging my shakes in ziplock bags and mixing them up on the go.