Biotest

Keeping It Off

I haven’t found a straightfoward answer to my question so I’m just going to start a new thread.

Here’s the situation: I have a breast augmentation surgery coming up at the beginning of August. I need to have the least amount of breast tissue (indirectly, overall body fat) possible because I’d like to have the implants place subpectorally (you don’t have a choice, the Dr chooses based on the amount of breast tissue you have at the time of the surgery)

I’m two weeks into the V-Diet, have lost alot of weight (and alot of chest :P) but am becoming very anxious as to how I can maintain or continue to decrease my body fat during the month between finishing the diet and the date of the surgery.

I’m confused: Do I calculate what my daily intake should be to MAINTAIN this body weight and eat those calories for the month. Do I calculate what my daily intake should be with a slight or extreme DEFICIT in order to continue decreasing my bodyfat%?

I plan on doing another V-Diet 6 weeks after having completed this one, but need guidance on what I should do during this very crucial first interim.

Thanks so much in advance!

When you say V-Diet, are you counting the two-weeks Transition period as part of it, or just the 28 day strict period?

Remember, you can’t keep lowering calories. You will stall out and damage your metabolism eventually. And we don’t want you to have to count calories anyway. After the V-Diet, assuming they’ve done it correctly, most people lose cravings the bad foods that got them into trouble to begin with, plus they develop newer, healthier dietary habits. This alone allows them to maintain or even lose more body fat if they need to (assuming they still go to the gym.)

No, then I have 2 weeks of V-Diet left and the 2 week transition period.

The thing is that I don’t eat any ‘bad food’ to begin with, maybe just not the right balance of the ‘good food’ (too many whole grain carbs, for example) I understand that counting calories isn’t necessarily a great habit to have but I wouldn’t mind doing it just for the month if it means keeping my sanity.

I guess what I was looking for was maybe the ideal macro-nutrient ratio, or whether I should be eating calories in defecit or in maintenance (approximately).

Thanks Chris.

[quote]Marionpowder wrote:
No, then I have 2 weeks of V-Diet left and the 2 week transition period.

The thing is that I don’t eat any ‘bad food’ to begin with, maybe just not the right balance of the ‘good food’ (too many whole grain carbs, for example) I understand that counting calories isn’t necessarily a great habit to have but I wouldn’t mind doing it just for the month if it means keeping my sanity.

I guess what I was looking for was maybe the ideal macro-nutrient ratio, or whether I should be eating calories in defecit or in maintenance (approximately).

Thanks Chris.[/quote]

I’d stick to maintenance calories, but you can add back in some cardio during Transition and after. Good macro rule of thumb for your goals: keep carbs at 100g or so per day, with most of those coming around the weight training time.

Wicked, so maybe keep it up with the Phase 2 workouts, add in a couple HITT sessions per week, carbs at 100 and calories around 1900-2000 (dependant weight after Vdiet).

Awesome, thanks again.