Biotest

Kansas -- V-Diet Starting 3/30/09

I am taking the plunge for summer. I’m a 30 year old male that has been lifting off and on since high school (most recently for 3 years straight).

I have “tried” to eat healthy ever since Muscle Media 2000 and Bill Phillips created the Body for Life challenge. This has been an off and on thing with me. Now I would say that I eat a fairly clean but still allow for ‘cheats’ on a weekly basis.

As much as I try, I’m still a ‘meat and potatos’ kind of guy. I will eat vegetables and I even somewhat enjoy them but I do a poor job of including them 4 to 5 meals a day.

I’m looking forward to the diet and hope to obtain abs that are visible without flexing (it’s a summer thing!). Haha!!

I spent this last week doing the advanced workout and have ‘enjoyed’ it (usually after I was done…LOL). Honestly the 30 and 45 second rest periods were brutal especially on the more taxing lifts like deadlifts.

I am planning on posting pics and stats on Sunday.

Wish me luck!

Welcome! Looking forward to your pics and stats starting out. Glad you decided to get started. Fun times ahead!

Hope you’re not a Jayhawk because if you are, you’re getting no support from me :wink:

Welcome to the club. It’s not the easiest journey in the world, but it’ll definitely be worth it!

Joe

I’m not a Jayhawk but I would have liked to see them win (closest school I have to my alma mater).

Well here it is T -1 day…I have just finished taking my measurements. All measurements were taken unflexed / relaxed.

Height 6’ 0"
Weight 217.2 lbs
Bio-impedance upon waking 16.5%
Neck (around adam’s apple) 16.75
Shoulders 51.50
Left Bicep (unflexed) 14.50
Right Bicep (unflexed) 15.00
Left Forearm (at largest point)12.50
Right Forearm (at largest point)12.75
Chest (around nipples) 44.00
Waist (at largest point) 38.00
Waist (around hip) 37.75
Left Thigh (at largest point) 26.00
Right Thigh (at largest point)25.25
Left Calf (at largest point) 15.00
Right Calf (at largest point) 15.50

Pics to follow…

All pics taken fully relaxed (got to hate that side profile).

Yeah this one… :frowning:

One more…

Well accountability is set. One more day. I can’t wait! 29 more days to a new me…

Lots of muscle under there. Time to get clean, kicks some bad dietary habits, and put it on full summer-time display!

Keep us posted!

Kansas you’re lean mass will keep that rmr up follow the diet and you’ll end up ripped! Stay focused it works.

Thanks Chris and draper! I have been on very strict diets before. It’s been a few years since the last one.

The problem was that I didn’t have a formula that would not strip muscle along with the fat. So at the end I was just ‘skinny’ and had lost a lot of strength/muscle. It didn’t turn out well.

I’m excited about the prospects of this diet. I have been reading the forum for the last month and gaining inspiration from all of those who’ve already completed and posted their results along the way.

I hope that I can add my story to the successes. Hopefully someone will gain similar inspiration from it.

Love the positive attitude man. Keep it up!

my ex is from kansas! welcome! your gonna do great!

I’ll forgive you for not being a Jayhawk! I started yesterday; i look forward to reading about your success.

Michelle (Kansas)

Day one is almost complete. I didn’t have any major issues with hunger. I certainly wasn’t ‘stuffed’ but I was content. Diet seems to be going well.

Completed advanced workout # 1 followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.7 speed.

Bentover Barbell Row	
Weight	225	225	225	225	Reps 	5	5	5	5	Rest 30 seconds, 						  OH Squat			
Weight  105	105	105	105	Reps	5	5	5	5	Rest 30 seconds, 						       Smith Close Grip Bench		     Weight  275  275  275  275  275  275  275 Reps	5     4	   3	3    2	  2    1 Rest 30 seconds, 						     Machine Ab Crunch			Weight 150	170	160	160	Reps	8	3	4	4	Rest 30 seconds							       

Bring on Day 2!!

On a side note…that overhead squat is a BEAR! I’ve never done that prior to this workout but that is extremely taxing on the delts.

I’ve been incorporating standing barbell presses for quite some time and they just don’t hurt like that. (hurt in a good way)

Day 2 is almost complete. I did just over 30 minutes of treadmill at 3.7 today.

The diet has been okay. I’ve been extremely hungry a few times today. I’ve been able to quench some of the hunger with Green Tea but not all of it. I’ve just been “sucking it up” until the next meal.

Hopefully the hunger will get better with time…

Hunger pangs for me substatially diminished on day 5. Don’t get me wrong it’s not like you wont want to eat something it’s just the shakes become more satifying. Hang in dude your doing great.

[quote]kansas wrote:
Day 2 is almost complete. I did just over 30 minutes of treadmill at 3.7 today.

The diet has been okay. I’ve been extremely hungry a few times today. I’ve been able to quench some of the hunger with Green Tea but not all of it. I’ve just been “sucking it up” until the next meal.

Hopefully the hunger will get better with time…[/quote]

I feel ya brother. I was in the exact same position only a week ago. Like draper said, the first week or so is when you just have to suck it up, and then it gets substantially better. The day after your HSM isn’t much better either, but your body’s better trained to quickly get over your post-HSM cravings.

I’m just finishing up on Day 9. I’ve had a shitty diet my entire life, but somehow I’ve managed to stick it through to the point where I don’t even think about food anymore. If I can do it, so can you.

Stay strong!

That’s right, if Joe can do it, so can you! Joe let’s give him a picture of Jamie Eason to get him through this rough week 1! grin