Biotest

KAK Attacks Velocity

So after several delays (silly Flameout being seemingly eternally backordered and making me buy some on ebay), my Velocity Diet has finally begun! I’m actually done with Day 2 already and I feel fabulous. First things first though- the dreaded before pictures and measurements.

Weight- 139.0
Belly- 32 5/8
Hips (largest measurement around my ass)- 37 3/8
Thigh- 21 7/8
Calf- 14 7/8
Ankle- 8 1/2
Chest (below)- 29 5/8
Chest (at nipples with bra on)- 34 1/2
Shoulders- 38 1/2
Upper arm- 11 1/4
Neck- 12 5/8
BF% (according to my crappy Taylor Series BF% scale on 5’6 F Non-athlete setting)- 22.9%

Now for the pictures… the very very bloated pictures. The night before I was stuffing my face with watermelon trying to finish before my start day to waste as little as possible. I ate several tupperwares full in the hours before bed- I was still pretty full in the AM! So I’m going to take another set tomorrow morning (also because in my side picture, my arm is in the way). That will probably give a more accurate depiction of my before/after.

I"ll post these in the meantime anyways though for you enjoyment. Sorry guys- haven’t decided if I’m sharing my face with the world yet.

From the front:

(my paint skill are great, huh?)

From the side (this is the one I really want to re-take since my arm is totally in the way)

And from the back.

Hope you all enjoy! I’ll post a little more about me, my goals, my background and my first couple days tomorrow- hopefully. The workout kicked my butt tonight, so it’s time for one more shake and bed!

sorry this isn’t helpful, but your screen name is funny LOL

Fiiiiinally! :slight_smile:

There’s going to be nothing left to you when you’re done!! Keep it up. What did you decided to do for your workouts?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
sorry this isn’t helpful, but your screen name is funny LOL[/quote]

Hahaha. It’s helpful if it keeps me in a good mood during this New England heat wave! KAK would (obviously?) be my initials. I used to have one of those LLBean backpacks with your initials on it (in middle school/highschool) and my friends would call it the “KAK-pack.” They used to come up with all sorts of funny uses for my initials.

Sorry this isn’t at all on topic :slight_smile:

[quote]Kurlie26 wrote:
Fiiiiinally! :slight_smile:

There’s going to be nothing left to you when you’re done!! Keep it up. What did you decided to do for your workouts?[/quote]

For my workouts I decided to go with the intermediate level. I tested it out last week to try to get a better feel for the weight range I should be using. Last week I did neutral grip pullups instead of widegrip and chins. I wasn’t a fan of this substitution though. So I decided to do widegrip pullups on the assisted machine (with about 20lbs of help). Not sure what I’ll do Friday yet. I can only do 3-4 chins in a row fresh (supposed to do 8) but our assisted machine is not set up well where you can do chins on it (there’s another upstairs that I may have to explore). So I have a few days to decide on that.

Workout felt AWESOME last night :slight_smile: I just kept thinking, “Man I’m going to be skinny when this is all done!” At one point, some guy tried to steal my rack where I was doing deads. I had to kind correct him and tell him I was doing circuits and that’s why I kept disappearing. He came over later at the end of my set and told me “I think you’re the only girl I’ve ever seen here doing deadlifts” to which I laughed a little (there really are a few at my gym, but that’s ok). He then proceeded with “No, it’s hot!!!” Guess I have my first fan!

While you were “stuffing your face” with watermelon the night before, I was taking bets from my friends on how fast I could consume chocolate shakes =D

Good luck with the V-diet! I’ll be checking in time to time. Later.

Matt

[quote]Lon3star wrote:
I was taking bets from my friends on how fast I could consume chocolate shakes =D

[/quote]

HAHAHAHH too funny.

Hows it going kak?

[quote]Kurlie26 wrote:
Hows it going kak? [/quote]

feeling a little sick to my tummy actually. I’m definitely not used to this (so low cal and so little food in my stomach). I’m hoping I’ll adjust to it quickly though. I’ve split my PB into an afternoon and evening tablespoon to help. Who knew PB could taste so damn good??? The texture helps a lot though.

I think maybe the fish oil doesn’t sit to well with me yet either… i’m definitely getting some nasty burps.

Overall, hanging in there though! Thanks for checking in!!!

A few of my observations from the first 2.5 days:

1. this is going to be harder than I thought.

2. Milk chocolate does not equal Chocolate! I know it’s my fault for not looking closer but the options for the V-Diet stack said Chocolate- and for someone who doesn’t like milk chocolate… kinda makes a difference. Not the end of the world, but definitely would have been good to know.

3. Strawberry Metabolic Drive is good!!! I was very hesitant to buy too many tubs of strawberry because I’ve had such mixed tastes from other powders I’ve tried, but the strawberry Metabolic Drive is my favorite by a long shot so far.

4. I think flax is delicious. Tastes just like cream of wheat to me. I secretly look forward to it… maybe even more than my PB.

5. I really really dislike Surge- sorry Biotest! I have raspberry and I add as much crystal light lemonade as possible and I can still barely get it down. I’ll have to keep working on that for tomorrow.

6. V-Dieting during a heat wave is not fun!!! Especially when the tub of watermelon is beckoning.

7. On that note… Metabolic Drive tastes about a million times better with ice. The new blender I just bought is essential to my shake enjoyment.

8. I think I crave salty more than sweet. I always thought it was the other way.

9. I think I could have really good results from this and that it really might help those cravings more than I thought.

10. I’m really excited about this.

Turn that frown upside down.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Turn that frown upside down.[/quote]

That’s my V-Diet goal!!! Come on… the before pics have to be frowny faces. Hopefully the afters will be super excited jumping up and down exstatic faces- assuming I can convey that in paint.

Ha. I just noticed the frown.

Is the Surge thing because it’s too sweet? You get used to it.

You should gradually turn the frown into a smiley face as you lose weight…

=(
=|
=)
=D

[quote]Lon3star wrote:
You should gradually turn the frown into a smiley face as you lose weight…

=(
=|
=)
=D[/quote]

You spoiled the surprise paint skills!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Ha. I just noticed the frown.

Is the Surge thing because it’s too sweet? You get used to it.[/quote]

I’m not sure about the Surge. my boyfriend loves it, but it doesn’t taste good or like raspberry to me. Just tastes very artificial. I’m trying not to figure out what it reminds me of until post V-Diet. I’m afraid that once I put two and two together it will be even harder to chug it.

I have some lemon flavored BCAA… I’m thinking about adding that tonight to the Surge. I’m not worried about preserving my muscle- just the taste!!!

Yesterday was a rough one. They seem to be on a free lunch kick at work. There’s another one tomorrow too (not to mention it will be my first non-bagel bagel friday- and i’m not sure I’m mentally prepped for that).

I know it’s partially that I’m PMSing and that we’re in a heat wave and that I’m stressed at work… but I really really really wanted to eat yesterday. A lot.

And then i looked in the mirror this morning. and DAMN I looked skinnier already! I mean really good- in my opinion of course.

Motivation is back :slight_smile:

[quote]kakattack wrote:

And then i looked in the mirror this morning. and DAMN I looked skinnier already! I mean really good- in my opinion of course.

Motivation is back :)[/quote]

Those are THEE BEST days!!! Keep on it KAK!