Butt 38 5/8
R L thigh 26 3/4 each
R L calf 14.5 ea
Workout today day 1 of advanced strength training program
Bent over row done in 4 sets 5 reps ea set w/ bar slowing on 5th rep 120lb
Front squat (swapped for overhead due to shoulder issues) 135 done 6, 5, 5, 4
Dips done in 4 sets 5,5,5,5 with 10lb
Rollouts- 10 reps ea set

Standing NEPA engagement- dog walking 2-3x’s a day avg 20m, but since he likes to stop and pee every three seconds, will do a planned/purposeful NEPA session on days opposite strength training - planning to do extended mobility and soft tissue work as well to address shoulder issues

Successfully navigated a business breakfast…will be navigating 2 gatherings this Saturday evening so it was good practice.

NEPA
45 minutes of SMR and mobilty work followed by 30 minute walk on treadmill 3.5 mph, .5 incline, 20 lb wt vest

All meals on track

Additional supplements at meal 1 and 5 - Orange triad MV, Supercissus

Day 5
So far so good, shakes aren’t getting too old yet. Feel great for the most part, just some fogginess around late afternoon. That seems to be the hardest point in the day in terms of either feeling bad or feeling hungry, but it’s been manageable. I forgot how much you pee the first several days of really low carb stuff, I’ve been drinking about a gallon and a half of water a day.

NEPA workouts on track. Strength workout 3 today.

Great job! The first 5 days are always the hardest. After that it becomes easier. Keep it up!

Thanks! Still doing well with the diet. Got thru weekend parties no problem. Planned ahead and had shake 4 before leaving and took shake 5 with me to have in transit between parties. Workout 3 kicked my butt a little but I think the weight selection was good. Will do some remeasures tomorrow- hard to tell what’s happening now other than feeling flat due to water loss.

HSM last night- Baked chicken breast (yep, a pretty big one), steamed broccolli, spinach salad with red peppers/celery/onion and some olive oil and balsamic for dressing, 1/2 a baked sweet potato in the form of baked fries- did an egg white wash with some tabssco in it. Good stuff, I was super full! In fact, 4 hours later I just did 1 scoop MD and 1 scoop natural peanut butter- wasn’t feeling much like downing the full serving.

Felt great in the workout today- metabolism felt revved up, hungrier today than I had been the days previously, but not unmanageable by any means.

Here’s the numbers: (trying to make sure I’m measuring in the same spots where the landmarks, like oh say a belly button, aren’t so clear)
Neck 13 5/16
Shoulders 44 (thank you extra pressing movements!)
chest 35 3/8
Arms 13 1/4
Belly 32
Thigh 24
Butt 37 1/4
Thigh 24
Calf 14.5
Consistent 163 and change the last couple of mornings- so about 4lbs down.

So +1 on the shoulders and arms, but - a 2 3/4 from the thigh, about an inch around the butt and an inch from the belly…pretty cool…really hard to see it just yet.

Ready to rock week 2.

[quote]wrkhorse1 wrote:
HSM last night- Baked chicken breast (yep, a pretty big one), steamed broccolli, spinach salad with red peppers/celery/onion and some olive oil and balsamic for dressing, 1/2 a baked sweet potato in the form of baked fries- did an egg white wash with some tabssco in it. Good stuff, I was super full! In fact, 4 hours later I just did 1 scoop MD and 1 scoop natural peanut butter- wasn’t feeling much like downing the full serving.

Felt great in the workout today- metabolism felt revved up, hungrier today than I had been the days previously, but not unmanageable by any means.

Here’s the numbers: (trying to make sure I’m measuring in the same spots where the landmarks, like oh say a belly button, aren’t so clear)
Neck 13 5/16
Shoulders 44 (thank you extra pressing movements!)
chest 35 3/8
Arms 13 1/4
Belly 32
Thigh 24
Butt 37 1/4
Thigh 24
Calf 14.5
Consistent 163 and change the last couple of mornings- so about 4lbs down.

So +1 on the shoulders and arms, but - a 2 3/4 from the thigh, about an inch around the butt and an inch from the belly…pretty cool…really hard to see it just yet.

Ready to rock week 2.
[/quote]

Great start keep it up!!

Thinking of adding some probiotics. Doing the sugar free fiber choice with ea shake, but still am having a lot more GI distress than I would expect especially this far in. I traded out my flax meal just in case it was rancid, but that’s been over 4 days ago and I’m still a green gas monster (my mother would be so proud of her little girl for that). Did add digestive enzymes with my HSM hoping that would help also.

Ending week 2, 163, measurements are down a little from last time…looks like maybe 5 inches overall between sites. HSM last night- spinach salad w red/green pepper, onion vinegar/oil dressing siroloin, mashed cauliflower w/ turmeric and black pepper, steamed broccolli, ancient grain medley (red / gold quinoa, wild rice, brown rice, amaranth)

Not quite midway in week 3…looking at my jugs of MD and thinking…no way this is going to get me through 28 days, I only have 3 and a partial left…so I review my diet sheet and see that I was supposed to be doing 1 scoop at meal 3, not 2 like i have been. That said…I’m still down to 160 and have lost a lot of inches, so I guess it didn’t mess with anything too much.

How are you doing?

Today’s the last day of the 28. down 10 lb, down an inch on upper leg 2.5 around belly about 2 around butt and some spare change on all other measures. I primarily started this to reset my relationship with food, I felt like I was eating based upon emotion/stress not based on providing myself w nourishment to be healthy. I think I’m off to a good start and the transition will keep me progressing. I

also believe its good to challenge yourself to do things that scare you or that you aren’t sure you can… I tend take challenges with education, physical things…but eating has always been a wildcard. I’m glad I took this initial challenge, now it’s time to keep moving forward with it.

Well done! Are you going through the full transition phase, too? I’d be interested to see how you’re finding your relationship to food change now that you’re done the first four weeks.

Thanks for sharing!