Biotest

June V-Diet Journal

I started the V-Diet today. I didn’t have any milled flaxseed for breakfast this morning but corrected that for dinner. I felt sluggish at times today but that’s probably because I had more sex than sleep last night. I’m giving this diet high priority for the next 28 days so there will be no more sex when I should be sleeping. But I may count it as NEPA in the future. I’m counting it today. I got my measurements, pictures, and weight taken. I won’t post them right now because I may need that motivation later.

Other notes:
Strawberry is the best flavor of Metabolic Drive but a large margin (note: I havent tried banana cream yet)

I found myself getting hungry right about time to have another shake. Seems like the portions are close to perfect.

I also found myself craving something crunchy like a hard taco. I know I’m getting nearly perfect nutrition and the hard taco has basically none thus it’s a psychological issue with the crunchiness. Hopefully, this diet will break me of those old habits. Also, I’m glad it isn’t overwhelmingly easy and that Leucine tastes terrible; it reminds me that my body needs nutrition and the pleasure of eating is basically a vice.

Well, It’s time to have a peanut butter smoothie and hit the sack.

Day two is winding down and it was easier than the first. I had my first workout today and wasn’t really happy with my performance (is anyone ever happy with a workout?). I’m having a hard time getting all of each shake down. There is a lot more nutrition in each one than my previous eating habits. I drank breakfast in a rush; that was a mistake. I think I’m following the meal plan perfectly. It’s so simple I actually think I’m not screwing it up. Even when I’m finished with the diet I think I may keep going with shakes for breakfast and lunch. Those meals are inconvenient and this is a vastly easier way to consume them.

Right now I’m taking 2 HOT-ROX per day and I find myself sweating shortly after taking them.

How do the folk out there handle dinner being the focal point of social interaction? For me it used to be. I go to lunch with some friends at work and just watch them eat. I don’t do so longingly because I’m not at all hungry. But I do want to ask one girl out for dinner (we have a favorite restaurant) and get asked to meet friends for dinner almost every day. This diet makes that dinner date more special since I only get 4 of them this month and at least half of those will be out of town. In this instant gratification culture it’s actually really cool to spend a week planning a single meal. It’s kind of like writing a letter by hand: I think about every decision to be made. I feel kind of stupid for ever being one of those guys who doesn’t know what he wants for dinner.

Sounds hot buddy. Good luck adding the ladies to your HSM. Be careful what you order and maybe bring some extra digestive enzymes with you or you might leave your HSM farting like a greyhound.

As for getting past social eating I find that Working thru dinner [I work till 8pm] helps tons. That isnt feasible for everyone. You could go for your NEPA walk during your lunch hour. Or do your training during either the lunch or dinner hours.

Remember if you need a sanctuary against all the sexy food the gym is almost always a good choice. You dont even have to train you can just do some foam rolling, prehab/rehab, curl in the squat rack and disturb the Chick workouts of the cardio bunnies [they werent really ‘doing’ anything any ways with their Lunge/curls combo].

If you are looking for texture remember that you can always make your shakes into ice cream or popsicles. Ive even used the flax and chia to mkae them into cookies. If you use the toaster and not the oven they are nice and crunchy.

Good luck shooting sir.

Avacado, thanks for the heads up on the flatulence. Is there a way I can prevent that from happening?

As for social eating, I’ve decided to take what I’m calling the Shugart approach: “face it head-on and beat it. Forever.” My friends and co-workers went to lunch today at my favorite restaurant in the city where we work. Being small town Louisiana it’s by no means a good place; just better than the rest. There is a new crazy hot girl coming to lunch with us (probably had something to do with me going there) and she asked why I wasn’t eating and offered me some chips and salsa. I told her “I just got tired of compromising on crap food that delivers neither quality nutrition nor the pleasure of a delicious meal.” She asked “Well what do you eat?” I replied: “I get nearly perfect nutrition from shakes and supplements so I’m never hungry. Once a week I order one of the best dishes in the city and truly enjoy the meal I’ve been planning all week. It beats the hell out of stale tacos. You should try it sometime.” “Sure, when do we go” “The 26th, I’m booked for the next 3 weeks.”

I repositioned the V-Diet as something desirable instead of fixing an undesirable problem. If it’s a group outing I’ll go and not eat but if it’s 1 on 1 then we’ll do something fun instead. I’ve only been on the diet 3 days now so we’ll see how this works out over 28 days but I’ll not shy away from restaurants and my regular life; just my regular eating habits.

I think I’m going to ignore texture. I’m trying to train my body to only crave the nutrition. But I’ll keep that in mind in case I need it. Having a few extra arrows in the quiver gives me more confidence that I can really do this for 28 days plus transition.

Ultimately, Today was a pretty easy day. I think the HOT-ROX gave me a mild headache but that’s it. I’m off to do some NEPA.

I survived New Orleans this weekend without any thing other than one HSM (steak and salad) and the v-diet shakes. No Booze, no burgers, and (increadibly) no Bourbon st pizza. I currently consider Bourbon St. Pizza the third best in America behind Chicago and NYC. It’s not that Bourbon St pizza is that good it’s just that you need it that badly at 4:30 am on Bourbon st.

Hell of a job, that’s a heck of a challenge. I think I’d be depressed missing out on New Orleans eats myself!

Thanks jdubs, but Chris deserves some credit here. Someone asked him if he could cheat at friends bachelor party and Chris served up some tough love. I don’t remember the exact quotes but it was something along the lines of being in control of ones self instead of letting his friends make his health decisions for him and not needing alcohol to have a personality. It may have been the most brutal thing I’ve ever seen in print.

Also, New Orleans played a large role in the life of my gut. I partied there for new years, went to the NFC Championship game, and partied there for the super bowl too. Oh and Mardi Gras, almost forgot about that.

It was still depressing missing out on the New Orleans eats and booze but I needed to prove that I’m the one in control not my gut.

[quote]gentlax13 wrote:
I survived New Orleans this weekend without any thing other than one HSM (steak and salad) and the v-diet shakes. No Booze, no burgers, and (increadibly) no Bourbon st pizza. I currently consider Bourbon St. Pizza the third best in America behind Chicago and NYC. It’s not that Bourbon St pizza is that good it’s just that you need it that badly at 4:30 am on Bourbon st.[/quote]

Vacation on shakes! Duuude, thats amazing discipline and willpower! the pizza i think more that you weren’t drinking and had less of a need!

Either way amazing job, keep it up!

[quote]otown83 wrote:
Vacation on shakes! Duuude, thats amazing discipline and willpower! the pizza i think more that you weren’t drinking and had less of a need!

Either way amazing job, keep it up!

[/quote]

From a practical standpoint it wasn’t that difficult. Everything I needed fir into the box my dumbbells came in and I just bought bottles of water as needed.

For dinner on the way to New Orleans we stopped at one of those gas station/burger king places and my buddy bought me a couple of 1 liter bottles of water and a powerade for himself. Then we hit up the drive through and he ordered a double whopper. I put my shaker bottle in one cup holder and bottle of water in the other, poured some water into the shaker bottle, got my box of goodies from the back seat, added my powders and the milled flax seed (pro tip: turn off the AC when using the powders or they get everywhere) , shook it up, added more water, shook it up again and boxed everything back up before he got his burger. I was driving a manual at the time (we were mostly stopped at the drive through). It’s insane how quick and easy the food prep is on this diet. I also had enough water left to rinse out the shaker bottle when I was finished.

I did have to go from about 9pm to 5am with no shake because we were on Bourbon but if I needed to I could have gone to the hotel and had the bedtime shake. I always try to keep an outlet in case of weakness available to me.

I just passed the half way mark and got re-measured and stepped on a scale.

I’m supposedly down 12 lbs and down 10% body fat (electronic scale, it means nothing)

My Arms Calves and quads are bigger waist is smaller. The arms have picked up about an inch each, up to 17" and 16 3/4".

I realize I should be happy with these results but I’m not. I’m still fat and still have a lot of work ahead of me. I do have to buy new belts though and that’s pretty cool.