Biotest

Jsdayton's V-Diet Log

Hello all John here,

Just ordered all my stuff and figured I’d go ahead and start the progress thread. I have actually done the V-diet before and had fantastic results, since then I slowly fell back into my bad old habits, primarily over consumption of alcohol which is just a huge double edged sword for me. Looking forward to quitting drinking and jump starting back into a healthy lifestyle.

The last time I embarked on the V-diet I did not do the log part so I’m hoping this will help me along the way. Looking to start right at the beginning of June. Really getting pumped to get back on a good gym schedule, something I’ve always struggled with. Until the start I guess the main goal is to eat the rest of the food I have left so there’s nothing to tempt me.

Gonna go out and buy a bunch of shake bottles, I found pre making my shakes way ahead of time and having them ready to go in the fridge really helped a lot last time. Any advice on preparation? I assume laying off heavy carbs might help w/ the intial withdrawl.

Thanks and good luck to all others, amazing to see how many people are embarking on this journey all the time!

-John

for my shakes, I ended up using about a cup and a half of water, 3-5 ice cubes, which was less water than what i started with. Less volume, and they were thinner than a blender milkshake style (using lots of ice). Lower volume and thinner made the shakes easy to drink. I also cut back on flax quite a bit. Good Luck!

[quote]hooner wrote:
for my shakes, I ended up using about a cup and a half of water, 3-5 ice cubes, which was less water than what i started with. Less volume, and they were thinner than a blender milkshake style (using lots of ice). Lower volume and thinner made the shakes easy to drink. I also cut back on flax quite a bit. Good Luck![/quote]

Thanks! I actually worded that wrong and meant any advice on pre-diet preparation to make transitioning a bit easier, like I said I’m going to try to stay away from the real carby stuff few days before. Anyways I appreciate the info and will keep this in mind. Got the stuff today and have decided on a start date of Monday, June 4th. Need to get moving cause I’m scared even the NEPA is gonna kill me the first week.

"Any advice on preparation? I assume laying off heavy carbs might help w/ the intial withdrawl. "

Haha, I went balls out the last week. I was eating crap I never eat regularly just to get it out of my system. The night before I started I ate an entire bag of tortilla chips, 1 pint of ben and jerrys dublin mudslide, a case of Sam Adams IPA, pizza, nerdsrope, and a few other things.

Alrighty,

Off to a good start today is day 2 and can’t really complain, I’m def. not hungry but am thinking of food quite a bit, already planning out that HSM, pretty standard. The fish oil pills are a little tough to get down and much bigger then the ones I was taking before, oh well. I weighed in at 217 before my workout on Monday and will update my weight 3/4 times a week mostly when I go to the gym. It is amazing how much extra time you have a day when not worrying about meals. I’ve been getting a ton done. Another great side effect is waking up feeling strong, popping right outta bed, could be b/c of no alcohol but I also think the shitty food I was eating was just making me more lazy. Got the morning/afternoon shakes already in the fridge, I’m pretty busy on the weekends so Im gonna do my HSM friday night, hopefully it doesnt spoil me too much since ill be going from four v-diet days HSM then 6 v diet days and a HSM. Don’t see anything getting in the way at this point, way to motivated to do this.

-John

-2lbs already weeee

Alright, on day 8 now, no complains. Was real close to slipping on saturday but I learned alot too. I had morning shake then did some errands anda caught a movie at 1.30 that didnt get out till 4 pm, I was way behind and very hungry, towards the end I couldn’t even pay attention to the movie, interestingly all the crappy food there didn’t realy appeal at all.

Anyways I got home right after had 2 shakes and a spoonful of peanut butter and it passed. HSM day was great and can’t wait for it again. Excited to go to the gym this morning. I got kinda lazy w/ the measurments and choose to not make pictures public, I know its a stupid mistake, but I am very aware of how it takes off more inches then actual pounds. Anyway going well getting pretty bored of the shakes but just gonna push through it 1/4 of the way there already!

-John