Biotest

JR21 V-Diet Results

Here are my results using the V-Diet. Keep in mind I made several mistakes on the diet and didnt fully follow it to a T.

Age 28 yrs Height 6 ft
I started on 4/8 and ended on 5/5
The 1st column is start info, 2nd column end info & 3rd column is the difference in loss/gain.

Weight | 230 | 210 | -20
Waist | 43 | 40 | -3
Neck | 17 | 16.25 | -0.75
Shoulder | 53.25 | 52.5 | -0.75
Chest | 45.5 | 42.5 | -3
R Bicep | 17 | 16.75 | -0.25
L Bicep | 17 | 16.5 | -0.5
R Forarm | 13 | 12.75 | -0.25
L Forarm | 13.25 | 12.75 | -0.25
R Thigh | 26.5 | 27.5 | +1
L Thigh | 26.75 | 27 | +0.25

Total Loss -7.75

The main reason I am posting my quest on the V-Diet is because I was inspired and learned from so many others who posted about it here. I wanted to give back so other members can learn from my mistakes. Again, THANKS to ALL of you who posted and Gus from the clinic who inspired me and who was a true soldier doing everything he was asked. His exceptional results are a true measure of hard work, dedication, and extreme discipline.

Before I even heard of the V-Diet I was on the Anabolic Diet to bulk up and increase my strength. You pretty much eat red meat 5-6 times a day without any concern to fat content. I got great results in the weight lifting arena!! I would add 10-20 lbs in all compound lifts weekly. The only draw down was that 3000 cal daily was too high for my body and I went all out on the weekend carb loads. It does take some serious tweaking that I never got around to it. Because of this I gained about 12-15 lbs of weight (Maybe 1 lbs muscle to 2-4 lbs of fat).

I started reading Gus thread on Monday and by the end of the day I ordered my supplements. I was so ready to start the V-Diet that I got carried away started on Tues the very next day using other whey protein supplements. (Mistake # 1) I got hungry within 1 hr of taking the protein. That sucked and made the diet that much harder. The plan was simple, take 6 shakes on training days and 5 shakes on non training days.

My training days for the 1st 2 wks was the same as the AD training ie to use heavy weight and keep as much muscle as possible. The 1st week I lost 10 lbs and was so pumped that I did the same training and added a weighted vest (10-22lbs) for my walks. I got that idea from Bartls clinic but he wasnt on the V-Diet. (Mistake #2) Using the heavy weights on my vest ended up slowing my walking down to a snails pace. The 2nd week I only lost 2 lbs. Bummer.

Just to give you a heads up, the 2nd week was grueling. It by far was the hardest week. I felt light headed and just didnt feel right. I was hungry, my stomach was constantly growling, and I wanted to just eat something. I was also playing outdoor soccer on Sun and indoor soccer on Tues. I am the goalie and just in case you think its easy, its not. You have to be explosive!! Diving, sprinting, jumping, multiple push up movements and that can drain you especially if your team is new. So my weekly meal came early on the 2nd week (on Thurs vs. Sun. now keep in mind I started on Tues.). To top it off I also had another meal on Sun to help me tuff it out. (Mistake #3, #4)

I was disappointed with my 2 lbs loss and finally decided to just get with the program. Chris has already outlined in full Detail what the V-Diet consist of. He even post the weight training developed by Chad. So I used the advance phase (Gus was using) and went straight into the 3rd week of training. I was behind & I didnt want to build up slowly. I have been lifting weights for about 10 years and got caught up with all the hype in magazines and the internet with those so called gurus about how to gain muscle. Sad to say I got limited results!!

I have to honestly say that Chad’s training was tuff. On paper it doesnt look so bad. But the 30 second rest & compound/multi-movement exercises kicked my ass. In the end I knew this would burn more calories and get me better results. Since I didnt have a treadmill or a long enough street incline I decided to walk bleachers at a local college for about 1-1.5 hrs. I figured bleachers would be similar to walking up hill. It seemed a whole lot harder on my legs and they were constantly burning. By the end of the 3rd week I was down another 6 lbs. So far so good. :slight_smile: I was back on track and getting better results following the actual program.

On a side note the 3rd week was a breeze with regards to the shakes taken. It was 2nd nature by now. You were like on auto pilot with no real thoughts about your shakes or food. I also re-analyzed my shake consumption to make sure it met my daily cal requirements and adjusted my shakes to 5 times a day (training/nontraining). I think I was a bit high when I 1st started the V-Diet anyway.(another mistake)

On the 4th week I ran into a speed bump and missed 1 training day. Diet wise it wasnt really tuff but the fact that you knew it was almost over made me want to cut the diet short & eat some real food. I had my regular weekly meal & decided to cut the diet short 1 day early. I ate another solid meal on Monday too (cinco de Mayo). The V-Diet was over for me. I lost another 2 lbs on the 4th week leaving me at 210 lbs. A total of 20 lbs lost!!! :slight_smile:

Food for thought, I made several mistakes on this diet which probably hindered my overall results. 1. Starting without the Metabolic Drive shakes, 2. Not taking the time to calculate the # of shakes needed accurately, 3. Not having fiber choice to help me feel full throughout the day (like Gus used it), 4. Not training with Chad’s program from the start to help burn more cal during the weight lifting aspect, 5. Slowing my walks down in order to compensate for the weighted vest, 6. Having 5 total meals during the V-Diet vs. the original 4 meals. I did chew gum to help with the chewing sensations and I also used crystal light to help with drinking fluids and keep me full. I dont know if the gum chewing is a good idea if you are looking to stop the junk food cravings.

Now here is how I made my shakes to help keep me fuller throughout the day. I would pour water in the blender until it was slightly above the blender blades (sorry I never really tired to calculate how many oz. that was) and then added the Metabolic Drive and about 2 cups of ice making it real thick. So keep adding ice slowly until its thick enough to stop moving. My blender top had a center that was removable to help add ingredients while it was blending to eliminate the possible mess. I used it on the Chocolate, Strawberry, and Orange flavors and worked well with all of them. With the Chocolate flavor I also used cinnamon to spice things up and at times I would also add 1 scoop of instant coffee for a mocha taste. Like a 31 flavor cappuccino blast!!! uuuummmmmmm

This diet is not easy. Far from it. It does take extreme discipline to follow it to a T as you can see from my experience. The truth is that after 2-3 days you start to really want food and something to chew on. You start to want veggies and try to justify that its ok since its healthy and no carbs. At least I thought that would be ok but I also wanted the junk food cravings to vanish. Throughout the diet all I wanted was veggies and steak. When the time came to eat, those damn veggies had so much flavor in them it was incredible. The carrots, red onions, and sweet potatoes were so sweet I thought it was candy. It felt like I was cheating. Now keep in mind that I hated onions and sweet potatoes before the V-Diet. I would cringe at the thought of eating veggies and would avoid them at all cost. Post V-Diet I actually look forward to it.

As far as the junk food carvings I did and still have them. Not with pizza or ice cream but shrimp wrapped in bacon was the strongest for me. I read another post here saying its on an individual basis as far as eliminating junk food carvings. I can only expect that I am one of the lucky ones who have a craving change when its over.

I am currently in the 1st transition phase and look forward to more weight loss. I think I will stay on the 1st week transition phase for about 2 weeks or so to help increase my fat loss. I am running up those bleachers now and will add 30-60 sec runs with 2-4 minutes slow jogs/walks for rest and slowly decrease this time as I get into shape. I still believe I am in the FAT BOY category and dont feel right using FFB abbreviations. Overall I want my weight to be approx 190 lbs for now. 200 lbs would be great but my damn love handles make me think it wont be enough. I will re-post updated pics when I fully complete the transition phase.

Have you ever done a ‘Master Cleanse’? You crave food on that ‘diet’ too…but most people can make it at least 10 days, and it’s not unheard of to go a full month.

Then again, the calorie count is MUCH reduced compared to the V-Diet (it’s not really a slimming diet, more of a detox/fast) and there’s no way you could lift whilst doing it.

[quote]wirewound wrote:
Have you ever done a ‘Master Cleanse’? You crave food on that ‘diet’ too…but most people can make it at least 10 days, and it’s not unheard of to go a full month.

Then again, the calorie count is MUCH reduced compared to the V-Diet (it’s not really a slimming diet, more of a detox/fast) and there’s no way you could lift whilst doing it.[/quote]

I havent done a ‘Master Cleanse’ but I have done a hardcore cleanse which was solely based on mixing powder greens with water. I lasted about 3-4 days without eating or drinking anything else. On the 4th day I had to eat an orange since I got lighthead and dizzy. I drank the greens and the oranges for an additional 3-4 days and was done with it. I can tell you those oranges gave me a huge surge of energy. It was amazing. I could run all day without having any energy issues.

So whats the Master Cleanse consist of? I might consider it down the road for detoxing.

Master cleanse is the so-called ‘lemonade diet’.

It’s fresh squeezed lemons, grade b maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. You drink brackish water in the AM that works like ‘go-lytely’ and flushes your bowels…at night you drink senna tea.

You can drink as much lemonade as you like - you eat NOTHING else. It’s a nightmare of catabolism for your muscles though.

I really hope you aren’t suggesting anyone use the master cleanse diet.

Lemons and sugar for a few weeks… great idea…

Maybe if you have some muscle to spare since you’ll be losing a crap ton of it, but the OP doesn’t have that problem.

I would focus more on cleaning up your diet then you wont have to worry about detoxing.

Don’t even conside the ‘lemonad diet’ it is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard and even if you do lose fat you will also lose lots of muscle and then your fat levels will rebound once you come of the diet leaving you with no muscle and the same or more fate and therefore making you look worse off than before AKA an absolute tit.

I don’t recommend “cleanses” either.

You know what is detoxifying? Losing another 30 pounds of pure unadulterated lard. You know what is stored in lard? Toxins.

Get to it.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
I really hope you aren’t suggesting anyone use the master cleanse diet.

Lemons and sugar for a few weeks… great idea…

Maybe if you have some muscle to spare since you’ll be losing a crap ton of it, but the OP doesn’t have that problem.

I would focus more on cleaning up your diet then you wont have to worry about detoxing.[/quote]

The man speaks the truth.

I never heard of that master cleanse so thats the only reason I asked. I agree with all of you. After that cleanse I did many years ago I did gain an excess amount of fat. Its like they say… “if I knew then what I know now…” I would do things differently.

I still working on finishing up a little over a week of the V-Diet transition. I now eat broccoli/salads at every meal. I just dont feel right otherwise.

Any advice on how I can lose another 10 lbs of fat between now and next week? How can I get my love handles down? Its been the hardest area to reduce!!

[quote]wirewound wrote:

It’s fresh squeezed lemons, grade b maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. You drink brackish water in the AM that works like ‘go-lytely’ and flushes your bowels…at night you drink senna tea.

You can drink as much lemonade as you like - you eat NOTHING else. It’s a nightmare of catabolism for your muscles though.[/quote]

Please don’t post such ridiculous things here, someone might think that you’re serious. If you are serious, then please - piss off.

You don’t need a ‘cleansing’ diet, just get enough fiber in and your body can take care of the rest.

No ifs, ands or butts.

Sphincter.

I have been following others V-Dieters progress and noticed people were losing 5+ inches off there waist. I only lost about 3 inches if that.
My waist has been a huge problem and even @ 170lbs (which is what I obtained about 8 yrs ago) I still had noticable love handles. Any suggestions on how I can lose more inches off the waist?? Exercise or supplements??

[quote]Makavali wrote:
wirewound wrote:

You can drink as much lemonade as you like - you eat NOTHING else. It’s a nightmare of catabolism for your muscles though.

Please don’t post such ridiculous things here, someone might think that you’re serious. If you are serious, then please - piss off.

You don’t need a ‘cleansing’ diet, just get enough fiber in and your body can take care of the rest.

No ifs, ands or butts.

Sphincter.[/quote]

For the record, I DID say it’s a nightmare of catabolism.

Secondly, I know that ‘fasting’ is blasphemy on a bodybuilding forum, but I know some people who have cleared up some physical issues with cleansing. I admit that it didn’t do much for me…

But yeah - it’s a nightmare for your muscles and strength…