Biotest

Journey Continues


#1

Ok, I’m almost finished with day 2. I’m sore from yesterday’s workout, which surprises me a bit, but I did bust a good sweat :slight_smile:

The diet itself isn’t a big deal to me so far. I’ve had some hunger pains, but a cup of hot green tea (unsweetened) works wonders. The HOT-ROX helps too, but I may increase to 2 pills a day starting tomorrow. I just experience dry mouth with this but no rapid heartbeat or anything.

Today is a non-workout day and I’ll do the V-Burn Challenge tomorrow. I don’t know about those pushups with the clap though…that’s tough for sure…lol.

Feeling good - and refraining from a daily weigh in…can’t wait to see results!

Everyone’s log and end results are true motivation for us “newbies” :slight_smile:


#2

Onward and upward. Just finished morning NEPA - 30 mins brisk walk on treadmill before breakfast shake with 2 HOT-ROX. I’ll do the V-Burn Challenge today. So far going strong. I enjoyed the shakes, but a little bored with just Vanilla so can’t wait for my chocolate to arrive :slight_smile: Day 3 starting strong.

Later the same day…ok, did the V-burn challenge…and let me just say that was not easy. I feel lame, but it’s true anyway. I could only do 5 sets - pushing out another 10 per exercise was not going to happen. I was huffing and puffing. The squat thrust is the most difficult - that and the push up clap. Ugh…feeling so out of shape and pathetic. I only took 1 scoop of the Surge for recovery…I didn’t feel like I worked hard enough for 2. My heart was surely racing and I had labored breathing…whatever, I’ll do better next week.


#3

Today is Day 4, I’m hungry, but holding strong. I ran out of protein so had to use regular ON Casein until my new shipment gets here.

Against the rules I weighed in this morning - before my breakfast shake and I’m down 7 lbs from the morning of Day 1…water weight and bloat I’m sure - whatever, it’s a serious mental motivator to see the scale go down in a short amount of time. Woo hoo – I expect amazing results from this program because I’m giving it everything I’ve got. Discipline is in the mind.

I’m get new measurements soon just to make sure I’m gaining lean muscle while losing fat. The scale weight is of little value (good motivation tho) but I want BF decreases.

Good Luck everyone.


#4

Day 5 going great! Did Wednesday’s inter workout today and I loved it. Feeling strong and I know I’m going to be successful during this diet. I feel strong and empowered…lol, it’s amazing what a little sweat will do! Did my NEPA 30 mins afterward…2 scoops surge and just finished lunch shake. Woo hoo! Can’t wait to get my BF check and see the REAL difference there!

Excited for my HRM on weds night. I’ll use my dinner for that…chicken, sweet potato with some greens. Can’t wait for some solid food. :slight_smile:


#5

Day 6 starting off strong. I am starting to feel a bit of a difference in my clothes :slight_smile: That always makes a girl happy. I’m so looking forward to HRM tomorrow night, I’m using it for a sit down dinner…finally. Somewhere around day 4 I was becoming a bit weary with just shakes, but that quickly subsided and I’m feeling strong today. The HRM is something to look forward too every 7 days…that helps pull you through those brief moments.

getting BF checked next weekend - looking forward to some decrease there.


#6

Day 7 begins…

So this morning was weigh in - and I’m happy to report that I’m down 7.2 lbs! I will check measurements and BF % Next saturday, but I can feel it in my clothes for now. Happy :slight_smile:

Tonight for dinner I will do my HRM - chicken breast, broccoli and potato is what I’m daydreaming of right now…maybe rice instead of potato we’ll see. Nevertheless the thought of that meal will pull me through today.

Tried chocolate shake for the first time last night…maybe tonight I’ll actually put the Peanut Butter in it instead of licking it off the spoon :slight_smile:

Keeping it moving…


#7

Good job with 7.2lbs! Keep up the good work!


#8

[quote]mellisaann wrote:
Day 7 begins…

So this morning was weigh in - and I’m happy to report that I’m down 7.2 lbs! I will check measurements and BF % Next saturday, but I can feel it in my clothes for now. Happy :slight_smile:

Tonight for dinner I will do my HRM - chicken breast, broccoli and potato is what I’m daydreaming of right now…maybe rice instead of potato we’ll see. Nevertheless the thought of that meal will pull me through today.

Tried chocolate shake for the first time last night…maybe tonight I’ll actually put the Peanut Butter in it instead of licking it off the spoon :slight_smile:

Keeping it moving…[/quote]

Brilliant Start!!! Well done! Enjoy your meal, well deserved!!!


#9

Thank you both :slight_smile:


#10

Day 8

Did the HRM last night: Chicken breast baked (6 oz) cauliflower (alot) and a baked potato. DELISH! I was full fast and for a long time afterwards. I did do a shake with PB before bed - chocolate shake with natural PB…heaven in a glass. Really, whomever invented the chocolate peanut butter combo deserves the noble peace prize. (along with the creator of pajamas, but that’s a different post)

Day 8 begins. I was tempted to step on the scale, but after last night’s HRM I didn’t dare. Tonight I’ll do the deadlift workout - can’t wait, I so love the deadlift :slight_smile:

One quick point to note: When doing the HRM once a week - be careful not to consider it a ‘cheat day’ - this is not a cheat day, it’s a clean eating MEAL - just 1 meal the rest are the shakes. I realized that some old habits tried to resurface and ‘excuse’ myself to indulge in cheats - thankfully I was able to contradict this old habit relatively easily…it’s not a cheat, it’s 1 clean solid meal a week for the first 4. Personal tragedy avoided :slight_smile: applauds

Onward and upward!


#11

Good job so far! Just a small note - there’s no Surge recovery for the vburns…just the standard shakes for that day. Also, try to finish all sets of the vburn…no matter how long it takes…and record your time. Do the same on the subsequent vburns and notice how your time gets better!


#12

Thanks Evan - got it :slight_smile:

Day 9

Good workout last night. I was able to deadlift 115lbs (personal best) another lady there noticed and asked me how I was able to lift so much…lol. I always loved deadlifts for so many reasons, it just targets alot and I find it very effective in my workouts. I love lifting period!

After the deadlifts everything else went well - my upperbody really feels it today, but the deadlifts were the best :slight_smile:

Shakes as usual…no major issues. Slight hunger yesterday, but the fiber tablets certainly help curb that.

Moving on!


#13

I don’t know what happened to my post? I typed it all in and hit submit, but now it’s gone…wierd.

Anyway…Thanks Evan, I’ll make notes of that.

Day 9

Workout last night was great - hit a personal best on deadlifts (115lbs) another lady in the gym commented about how she couldnt’ believe I could lift that. Sweet :slight_smile:

Shakes still going…nothing major to report there. Mild hunger pangs throughout but nothing the fiber tablets can’t help resolve.

moving on!


#14

Ok half way through DAy 9 and I’m starving. THe mid-afternoon shake isn’t for another hour. I’ve tried everything - green tea, fiber tablets…and lots of water. Maybe I’ll take 1 more HOT-ROX to help, this will be the 4th one today, since I take 2 first thing in the am and then another 1 in mid-morning before lunch. The recommendation is not to exceed 4 in a 24 hr period, so I’m good.

Maybe it’s from the workout last night - legs tend to make me so incredibly hungry the next day anyway…I’ll tough it out for another hour, but I do detest the feeling of hunger…lol, after all, it is a DIET right? hahahaha Man up!


#15

[quote]mellisaann wrote:
Ok half way through DAy 9 and I’m starving. THe mid-afternoon shake isn’t for another hour. I’ve tried everything - green tea, fiber tablets…and lots of water. Maybe I’ll take 1 more HOT-ROX to help, this will be the 4th one today, since I take 2 first thing in the am and then another 1 in mid-morning before lunch. The recommendation is not to exceed 4 in a 24 hr period, so I’m good.

Maybe it’s from the workout last night - legs tend to make me so incredibly hungry the next day anyway…I’ll tough it out for another hour, but I do detest the feeling of hunger…lol, after all, it is a DIET right? hahahaha Man up![/quote]

I know chris talks about wiggle room in this diet so if your starving a shake with 1 scoop should be ok? (Or is this if ur too full?). Otherwise if your on a two scoop take a 1 scoop now and 1 scoop in an hour, if its an option of eating something or 1 scoop extra on a particular day id take an extra scoop anyday!

Or go for an hour walk and its dinner time when you get back! This is just a test for you! Keep telling yourself that!!!


#16

Yeah, maybe 1 scoop now 1 scoop later would work. I’m gonna man up, geez, this isn’t difficult, it’s a mental journey. I’m going to break these old habits if it kills me.

Mind thought:
Reading through some very motivation articles, the mind is a very powerful tool - I’m going to master mine :slight_smile: This V-diet is just a stepping stone to an entirely new world of fitness and healthy eating. I love the stuff, I could read about it all day - I could talk about it all day…lol.

My husband is beginning to see the changes. I didn’t tell him I was doing this - but I hope I can motivate him to make some healthy changes too. Life is so much more fun healthy :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tips!


#17

Ok Day 10 & 11 sucked.

I hurt myself and pinched a nerve in my back which left me bedridden this weekend. I am NOT happy! I’ve stuck to the diet except yesterday when my husband had to nurse me - he made me eat. Thankfully it was to bad, eggs mostly…lol, men!

Anyway, I’m still on the diet, but my workouts will suffer significantly. I’m just now up and walking still with a lot of pain, but unable to bend below my waist :frowning:

Aleve is my new best friend until I can get some strength and walk without whincing.


#18

[quote]mellisaann wrote:
Ok Day 10 & 11 sucked.

I hurt myself and pinched a nerve in my back which left me bedridden this weekend. I am NOT happy! I’ve stuck to the diet except yesterday when my husband had to nurse me - he made me eat. Thankfully it was to bad, eggs mostly…lol, men!

Anyway, I’m still on the diet, but my workouts will suffer significantly. I’m just now up and walking still with a lot of pain, but unable to bend below my waist :frowning:

Aleve is my new best friend until I can get some strength and walk without whincing.[/quote]

Stick with it; you will heal and be happy that you stuck with it. You will most likely heal a lot faster if you stick to this diet where your body is a well tuned machine instead of bogging it down with real foods. Make sure you get plenty of rest and take some NSAIDs.


#19

Just checking in - love reading your posts! I just started my V-Diet today, so it’s always nice to have a little support and camaraderie.

Hope your back is healing up and that you’re sticking with it!


#20

Hi - I’ve had a few set backs with this back, but I’m feeling better and back in the game :slight_smile: I’ll return to the gym tonight - and back on tha shakes…I may have been down…but I’m not out yet :slight_smile: