Biotest

Johnson2133 vs the V-Diet

Well its finally time to put my hat in the ring…I got all my supps delivered today and I’m excited to finally be on this journey.

I’m a big guy (263 lbs) because I used to be all about throwing heavy shit around and eating whatever I damn well pleased. Well those days are OVER starting today.

I have let myself get to far gone and let too many excuses get in my way. I have a 14 month old baby girl who I adore more than anything. Shes truly my inspiration for this lifestyle change I am about to embark in. I want to be the best dad in the world for her and I cant do that as I half ass my diet and workout routines. So here I am.

I will be posting pictures and my stats in a future post, hopefully later today. I will be checking back in soon. I welcome all tips from anyone who feels the need.

pics

side

front

Good luck!

Enjoying my first shake…the ads were not lying when they said this would be the best tasting protein shake out there.

I didnt put my Superfood in the shake, because with previous experience I’ve found that it tastes better just in water by itself, so I drink that first then blended my shake, there’s a TON of it…which is nice…3 scoops with 24 oz of water should keep me good and full for a few hours until the next one. Went for a 32 min NEPA walk after taking one of the HOT-ROX so knocked that out of the way, (before my shake of course) however since its a nice day I’ll prob be out more soon enough.

Looking forward to my first workout (doing the beginner program) tonight.

Couldnt find my tape measure anywhere, so Im headed out to get it today and will try to post the measurements tonight, if not tomorrow.

Check back in soon…

(thanks for the well wishes ahesla

Measurements -

Neck 19.25
Waist 46.5
Chest 49
Arm 16

The rest Im not too concerned with right now.

Glad I can help! Good luck nailing this thing. Sounds like you have a noble cause!

Workout number 1 in the books -

Beg Program

DB Squat - 55 LBS (7,6,6,5,5,5,4,2)
DB Bench - 40 LBS (8,7,7,7,6,5) (prob shoulda gone higher in weight I think)
DB Bent over Rows - 20 LBS (7,7,6,6,5,5,4)
Planks (25 sec, 20 sec, 18 sec)

Felt like I wanted to throw up a couple of different times…have jello legs at the moment (so I take it those are good signs)

Question for those who have done the program before: What happens if you dont feel hungry enough to drink all 5 shakes in a day? Do I have to try to choke it down, or is it okay to miss them if Im truly not needing them?

Anyways day 1 in the books…27 more to go!

Good job johnson - whilst I think I’ve read somewhere that you are supposed to fit them all in - I know I’ve had a couple of times where I just couldn’t - once because I just wasn’t hungry and the though of drinking it really turned me off and the other because I was running late with the first shake which put me out for the rest of the day and simply couldn’t fit them all in. Personally I think every once in a while is okay but not too much as your gymwork will suffer. Just my opinion of course.

[quote]chooky wrote:
Good job johnson - whilst I think I’ve read somewhere that you are supposed to fit them all in - I know I’ve had a couple of times where I just couldn’t - once because I just wasn’t hungry and the though of drinking it really turned me off and the other because I was running late with the first shake which put me out for the rest of the day and simply couldn’t fit them all in. Personally I think every once in a while is okay but not too much as your gymwork will suffer. Just my opinion of course.[/quote]

chooky,

thanks for your insight, yeah I got started late yesterday as well, so I shouldnt have that problem today or going forward.

Day 2, feeling pretty good this morning (I can definitely feel the squats…its that good soreness though)

I wanted to blend my shake this morning but since I have to leave early for work didnt want to wake my roommate up, oh well.

I feel like I want to work out with weights again, but I know that I cant (Im used to hitting the weights 5 times a week at minimum)

I work a desk job (which is nice in a way and not in others) so we’ll see how this goes today.

Good luck man, it looks like you’re off to a good start. We’ll all be checking up to make sure you’re hanging in there.

Bout finished with my first day at work (3 shakes in) Have to say it hasnt been so bad considering I sit at work and a majority of the time have NOTHING to do…which usually gets me thinking about food.

The shakes have been filling and the sugar free fiber tablets have saved me a couple of times as well…I chew on one of those about 1 hour before my next shake and they seem to help me coast through to the next.

Its funny I kind of relate this to basic training…I was taught to live “from meal to meal” and not look any further than that…and now I can live “from shake to shake”

Looking forward to a nice long NEPA walk as soon as I get home, then it should be time for Shake number 4.

I’ve spent a good majority of time today going though old V-diet logs on here, learning good stuff especially about possible HSM’s (although at times it just made me think I was hungry)

Peeing alot - which was to be expected as Im getting fully hydrated from the amount of water in the shakes and then drinking water occasionally.

My roommate and his GF think Im nuts (shes an LVN so shes telling me about all this bad stuff Im doing to my body on this diet…of course she says this as she outside smoking her 10th cig of the day and drinking her Pepsi, whatever…lol)

I havent told too many other people about my diet yet just because I dont want to deal with the questions, I’ll let the results speak for themselves.

Anyways I’ll try to post again before the end of the night…

Yeah I hear ya about the questions. It gets pretty ridiculous. When I’m drinking a shake around others, I try to tell them that I am just replacing a few meals with shakes. They’ll usually accept that.

Remember, it’s only a month! You’re off to a great start, keep it up!

Well day 2 is in the books…finished my night off with an awesome shake that tasted exactly like a liquid peanut butter cup.

When I went for my walk this evening I passed about 10 Fast Food places and kinda just “flipped them off in my head” so to speak…

Roommate and GF had a pan full of brownies tonight…I made a comment to his GF about the brownies and she freaking flipped out…(she had eaten 4 of those bad boys tonight and didnt bat an eyelash)

While she was eating them she asked if this diet worked for women…and I said…yeah but Brownies arent allowed, especially as many as you scarfed down tonight…and she got all uppity, said I was gonna fail my diet and then left.

Good times.

Thanks for the support, looks like you are off to a good start, I think that full feeling will get better as your body adapts to the shakes.

Day 3 is underway! My legs are even more sore (that 2nd day soreness factor that always comes up when you havent worked a body part well in a while)

Looking forward to hitting the weights after work to try to work out some of that soreness. Didnt get to bed till about midnight last night (laundry) so Im feeling a little tired…not too bad, I definitely have to try to make sure I get to bed at a decent hour.

I moved up to two HRX in the morning and then will take two more before my 3rd shake of the day (gotta give that 6 hr window) One just didnt seem to affect me at all, so Im going for two for now on.

Told my roommate last night that I was going to be blending my shake in the morning (pretty much just apologized in advance for possibly waking him up about 30 min earlier than he would want) I could care less if I wake up Brownie (my new nickname for his GF - see previous post lol)

Anyways since I doubt I’ll be that busy at work again today (love that govt work haha!) Im gonna try to spend more time reading more blogs from previous success stories - I notice there are a lot of people who started out strong, but stopped posting for whatever reason…I actually like the accountability of the log so Im gonna try my hardest to post often, especially if I have any “revelations” I would like to look back on in the future.

I agree man, I always like to follow the posts to see progress and stay motivated. I think today I’ll try to dig back a little down the list and ping a couple guys that have been inactive. I’m on week two and I hope if I start missing in action that someone prods me to keep on it!

Man not happy with my shake this morning…left it in the freezer at work too long…no bueno - note to self do not do that again

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.