Biotest

John Meadows Log 1


#1
The Pros Are Here!

#2

Hello everyone! This is where I’ll be to share info on what I am doing and for you to ask questions ok! Looking forward to it as usual!

JM


#3

Mr Meadows been flowing you and your training styles for a while. Love it. . Keep up the great work!


#4

Hello Mr Meadows. I have just one question regarding getting lean. Is it possible that due to a lot hours of trainings- 9 trainings lasting 1,5 hour per week burining fat could be stopped (5 times strength work-2 times heavy lifting and 2 times rings work and 1 time handstand work and 3-4 capoeira trainings)? I am wondering because I eat 2500 kcal (clean eating) and I think that the deficit in calories may be the cause but is there any other explanation? Thanks for the answer in advance.
Best regards.


#5

It’ s a great opportunity! Fantastic! I follow John since a very long time and all his support was determinant for my improvements as coach and so for my top guys! So guys be ready to take you body to newest levels. Follow his path will be a great gift!


#6

[quote]chris_merkle wrote:
Mr Meadows been flowing you and your training styles for a while. Love it. . Keep up the great work! [/quote]

Thank you! Doing my best!

JM


#7

[quote]Lukas91 wrote:
Hello Mr Meadows. I have just one question regarding getting lean. Is it possible that due to a lot hours of trainings- 9 trainings lasting 1,5 hour per week burining fat could be stopped (5 times strength work-2 times heavy lifting and 2 times rings work and 1 time handstand work and 3-4 capoeira trainings)? I am wondering because I eat 2500 kcal (clean eating) and I think that the deficit in calories may be the cause but is there any other explanation? Thanks for the answer in advance.
Best regards. [/quote]

Yea your body is probably adapting and slowing down because you are staying in a deficit. I would bump calories for a few weeks then come back down. This will tell you.

JM


#8

Here is a good challenge set we did today of partial deads…this is Scott Stevenson and Dave Tate.


#9

And by the way - I go down 200 grams of carbs intra today with no issue…massive back pump…between this and the Micro Pa, I feel good things happening.


#10

Awesome to see Scott training with you and Dave!


#11

[quote]John Meadows wrote:
And by the way - I go down 200 grams of carbs intra today with no issue…massive back pump…between this and the Micro Pa, I feel good things happening.[/quote]

200?? MAN UP… less then 350 is for girls ;))))

nothing better then a hard core PHD training his ass off!!
LOVE IT!


#12

Have you noticed the Apetite bump other people have? Do you think micro pa has allowed you to use more carbs intra/more food in general?


#13

I was hesitant to mention the appetite bump because I think in general people can come to conclusions much too quickly on things, but I have had an INSANE appetite…not sure what else it could be from…

JM


#14

[quote]John Meadows wrote:
I was hesitant to mention the appetite bump because I think in general people can come to conclusions much too quickly on things, but I have had an INSANE appetite…not sure what else it could be from…

JM[/quote]

Same here with the appetite pump! JUST When we started dieting… oh man…


#15

[quote]John Meadows wrote:
I was hesitant to mention the appetite bump because I think in general people can come to conclusions much too quickly on things, but I have had an INSANE appetite…not sure what else it could be from…

JM[/quote]

Has the Micro-PA beneficially effected your digestion? Are you processing food quicker, or do you think the Apetite bump may be unrelated to the digestive process?


#16

John, quick question about rear delts. I’ve notice people doing rear delt flyes different ways some coming straight up and out and some coming back at about 30-45 degrees from the shoulders. They both seem to swear by the angle they use (much like Yates style bent rowers and strict bent row/Pendlay rowing advocates). How do you like to do them and why?


#17

[quote]Mr. AWEstomy wrote:

[quote]John Meadows wrote:
I was hesitant to mention the appetite bump because I think in general people can come to conclusions much too quickly on things, but I have had an INSANE appetite…not sure what else it could be from…

JM[/quote]

Has the Micro-PA beneficially effected your digestion? Are you processing food quicker, or do you think the Apetite bump may be unrelated to the digestive process?[/quote]

I wouldn’t say it has helped with digestion. Def stimulated appetite though.

jm


#18

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
John, quick question about rear delts. I’ve notice people doing rear delt flyes different ways some coming straight up and out and some coming back at about 30-45 degrees from the shoulders. They both seem to swear by the angle they use (much like Yates style bent rowers and strict bent row/Pendlay rowing advocates). How do you like to do them and why?[/quote]

Yea either way can work, it’s just a matter of how much you want to isolate them (straight up and out for more isolation). Also mind muscle connection, as you should be flexing them hard every rep unless doing my swing variation…


#19

Here are some curls from this weekend…

my friend Scott is using some good eccentric focus (also good for mTOR signaling)…


#20

[quote]John Meadows wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
John, quick question about rear delts. I’ve notice people doing rear delt flyes different ways some coming straight up and out and some coming back at about 30-45 degrees from the shoulders. They both seem to swear by the angle they use (much like Yates style bent rowers and strict bent row/Pendlay rowing advocates). How do you like to do them and why?[/quote]

Yea either way can work, it’s just a matter of how much you want to isolate them (straight up and out for more isolation). Also mind muscle connection, as you should be flexing them hard every rep unless doing my swing variation…[/quote]

Any suggestions for improving mind muscle connection with rear delts for them then? I’m generally ok with it but I find my left side specifically does not seem to connect as much, even though it ends up sore a day later.

More to the point however, is I’m dealing some clients I just cannot get to connect to the rear delts any way at all. I’ve been able to focus them on the mid back even (another huge problem point for them), but no matter what they just haven’t been able to feel any rear delt exercise in their rear delts at all.