Biotest

Joey's Velocity Diet Challenge

I have read a lot of post and blogs and Im ready! Im waiting on fedex! I am planning the start date for June 1st. So go ahead order your supplements from Biotest so we can begin together!

This Thread is for everyone who wants to participate for 28 days and for past v dieters to give insite, pointers, and encouragement to keep us motivated.

Another reason Im starting this thread is me myself dont have a Big support group on this matter and Im out to prove them wrong and show everyone that with a little “determination” and less “rationalization” one can change their life for the better! come on and join me and lets get through it together! are you in?

[quote]wjoeyp73 wrote:
I have read a lot of post and blogs and Im ready! Im waiting on fedex! I am planning the start date for June 1st. So go ahead order your supplements from Biotest so we can begin together!

This Thread is for everyone who wants to participate for 28 days and for past v dieters to give insite, pointers, and encouragement to keep us motivated.

Another reason Im starting this thread is me myself dont have a Big support group on this matter and Im out to prove them wrong and show everyone that with a little “determination” and less “rationalization” one can change their life for the better! come on and join me and lets get through it together! are you in?[/quote]

Welcome aboard! I am down 10 pounds in 21 days. I didn’t expect to lose a lot as this was basically my first attempt. Take it slow, don’t become all overly enthusiastic, just keep your head down and follow Shugart’s outline to the letter — can’t emphasize that enough.

Most importantly, realize that no one is perfect. Two nights ago, at a fund raiser for my school, I had been there 7 hours, my shake jug was empty, and someone offered me a hot dog covered with chili and onions…that was the best hot dog I ever ate! (I was shaking from hunger, which is why they gave me the hot dog). Regrets? Nah. Just stand up, dust yourself off, and keep going.

All the best,
HH

Thanks for the Encouragement! Im really going to focus and try to do this to the letter.

I already know that all kinds of adversity is going to come my way from family, friends, and co workers they all want to see me fail but I refuse to give in to their short commings! Im sure its gonna get rough but I am ready!
Thanks so much for the encouraging words HH!

Keep Punchin!

FED EX PLEASE HURRY UP!!! OMG!!!

YAY!!!FED EX CAME TODAY!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!
ITS ON NOW! ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG! Gosh I’m Sooooo RETRO!

Wow its amazing how we rationalize with ourselves, how we mentally cover up our own short commings. OMG Im FAT! When you look at the numbers and percentages on paper there is nothing to hide anymore. Pictures tell the truth also. We cover our selves daily in clothing that make us think we look okay. Once you uncover yourself you realize that you were hiding from your own self judgement. We are quick to point out others but yet we dont take a look at ourselves. Once you see your self in this way there is no more rationalization left. You cant hide it anymore. You see that you are fat and need to make a change. A lot of people go around thinking well Im not that fat I look okay well take your measurements and stand in front of a mirror and not suck in that gut. Its such an eye opener. Well it takes a brave person to show the world also. I now see why a lot of people black out their faces when posting their starting pictures. It can be a real challenge to reveal the truth to your self, even more to the to the outside world what you are hiding from your self. I said that to say this to all of you who want to make a start. Humility is the beginning of change! You may think you will not change but if you humble yourself you find out true things that are holding yourself back from achieving what you really deserve. I see that change is the evolution of life. So if we are to live we must change, evolve, and move ahead. We must loose self doubt, low self esteem, and say,�?? I WANT TO CHANGE!�?? Then Put it into action! Im Gonna discipline My self for 28 days. I looked up the word disipline in the dictionary this is what I found:
DISCIPLINE 1: PUNISHMENT 2: INSTRUCTION 3: a field of study 4: training that corrects, molds, or perfects the mental faculties or moral character 5 a: control gained by enforcing obedience or order b: orderly or prescribed conduct or pattern of behavior c: SELF-CONTROL 6: a rule or system of rules governing conduct or activity

To correct all the things that we constantly do wrong we must re-gain self control through discipline.
My punishment is publicly posting it here for the world to see. My instruction is the Velocity Diet. My training is physical but most of all mental. I now present Myself to you totally naked stripped of clothing, attitude, mental coverups, and fake self esteem. Here I am�?�

June 1, 2008 Day One

Measuremets:

• Around waist (belly/love-handle area) ----------------38 INCHES
  • Upper leg (thigh) ------------------------------------27.5 INCHES
  • Lower leg (calf) -------------------------------------15.5 INCHES
  • Ankle ------------------------------------------------9.5 INCHES
  • Chest: Across nipple line ----------------------------42.5 INCHES
  • Between belly button and nipple line (upper abs area)–34 INCHES
  • Shoulders---------------------------------------------48 INCHES
  • Bice -------------------------------------------------15 INCHES
  • Neck ---------------------------------------------------16.5 INCHES
  • Hips -------------------------------------------------42 INCHES

-Weight -------------------------------------------------195 LBS.
-Height -------------------------------------------------70 INCHES

-Body Fat% ---------------------------------------------- 22.99
-Lbs of Body Fat --------------------------------------- 44.83
-Lean Body Weight ---------------------------------------- 150.17

Front Pics

side

back

Sunday is my Whole Food Meal day plus status reports

Non training days shake/supps schedule:
7:00 AM with HOT-ROX Extreme
8:30 AM
12:30 noon with 10 Fish Oil caps and 3 CLA (until the Flameout arrives)
3:00 PM with milled flax with HOT-ROX Extreme
6:30 PM
9:00 PM with milled flax 10 Fish Oil caps and 3 CLA (until the Flameout arrives)

AM Training Days shake/ supps schedule:
5:00 AM HOT-ROX Etreme
6:00 AM post workout Surge
7:30 AM
9:30 AM
6:30 PM
9:00 PM with milled flax 10 Fish Oil caps and 3 CLA (until the Flameout arrives)

PM Training Days shake/ supps schedule:
7:00 AM with HOT-ROX Extreme
8:30 AM
6:30 PM Surge

I have 2 schedules for training days because of My Job Rotation some days I will have to work out first thing after waking and some days I will have to work out after work so these 2 schedule will flip flop. I think I have everything needed the natrual peanut butter with my last shake of the day

You have the right mindset and attitude to kick butt on the V-Diet Joey!

Follow it “Spartan Strict”, take everything 1 meal at a time and keep your goal in mind everyday. Success is inevitable with the amount of effort you put in.

Much success to your journey!

Thanks Gustavopacho!

Whew!!! I made it through Day one! I knew I could do it! Yep It was hard but the rubber band trick really works. My challenges today Hummm lets see… Sunday Dinner at Mom’s she tried her best to get me to eat.

She even made my favorite baked Macaroni and cheese! And I triumphed over that obstacle. Boy It was hard. I never felt hungry at all today just I had so much extra time on my hands. I kept finding my self wondering into the Kitchen. I never realized how much I did that until today! wow my wrist really paid a price with that Dag Gone Rubber band!

Well making my last shake of the day and going to get things ready for tomorrow! Day one Goes down in the History books as a total success with a triumph over Mom’s southern Sunday Home cooking!

Stick with it!!I’m only two days ahead of you, so I’ll keep tabs on your progress. EVERYDAY.

Enjoy the diet. It is a great mental journey! I look forward to hearing about your success!

Day 2 was a rough day! It started off great though! I did the Intermediate work out… pull ups, deadlifts, and dips in a circuit! OMG round 4 I was huffing and Puffing, after round 6 at the dip station I collapsed right on the floor after my last rep. Then I went to do side planks those things are a lot harder than they look! But I did them. After that I was shaking like a leaf and felt like I was going to puke!

I am so used to straight sets this circuit thing is totally new to me. 30 sec rest? Um no way because each station was spread out throught the gym so I had to rush to them before any body jumped on them. I used dumbbells for my Dead lifts though because the squat rack was packed with 3 guys talking and doing “nothing” (dont you just hate that crap?) so I guess I got nepa too from walking briskly through the gym! I went for my Surge and made it home before the other guys even got really into their work out.

I made it through the day at work chugging a long, but my wrist really hurts I had to keep snapping that damn rubber band. I almost gave in when I passed Mc Donalds but I popped my self really hard and drove on by. Hoooray for me! I did get really tired and blah at times. I even got a lil nausiated at the thought of my 3 pm shake. I didnt think I could stomach it but I did.

Its really weird…I fill full and no hunger pangs just the mental part thats killing me! Bad choices are all around me and that is the hardest part. But, I survived today so far 1 more shake to go, a nights rest, Then I begin day 3 Hope its a little easier!

Great job! Hang in there! You’re off to a good start.

Good luck man

You look like Wayne Brady though

Power of the mind!
I just started today myself i dont have that much to loose but im using it to rip up.
Im trying it for 2 weeks only if i loose 4 lbs that will do it for me.

Keep focused and continue the journey!

[quote]Gene_lasker wrote:
Good luck man

You look like Wayne Brady though[/quote]

Black actors, man. Black actors.