Biotest

Jim's V-Diet Log

Hello All,

Starting the V-Diet once again, but this time I will see it through to 28 days this time. The previous 2 times where quit within a few days, but that was before …this is now.

Height : 6’ 0
Weight : 254.6
Neck : 17.5 in
Shoulders : 56’
Chest - Upper : 50’
Chest - Lower : 46 3/4
Waist - at Navel : 49’
Waist - at largest: 49’
Hips - at largest : 45’
Upper Arm - L : 15’
Upper Arm - R : 15 1/2
Upper Leg - L : 26’
Upper Leg - R : 26 1/2
Lower Leg - L : 18
Lower Leg - R : 18 1/2
Ankle - L : 10
Ankle - R : 10

Bottom line…I am a fatbody and I am done with it. I’m having to take 20 mg lisinopril and inderal a day for blood pressure and my last lipid panel was off the charts. It stated my HDL couldn’t be calculated it was so high and my doc quicly started me on some cholesterol lowering drugs I have never heard of.

So here is to my V-Diet adventure and my overall goal of being lean AND strong!

Fat pose 2

Fat pose 3

Good Luck!!! Stay strong and there are people here for support. Every time you think you want to quit, reflect on why you are doing this. Its only for 28 days. Both the mental and physical gains you will make from completing this will be worth so much more.

[quote]tlm020 wrote:
Good Luck!!! Stay strong and there are people here for support. Every time you think you want to quit, reflect on why you are doing this. Its only for 28 days. Both the mental and physical gains you will make from completing this will be worth so much more.

-[/quote]

Thanks Tim, much appreciated.

Alrightee then…First day in the book:

NEPA (430am): 4 miles walk (outside) / right at an hour
*** All meals are as prescribed by the V-diet unless noted / no subs***
The attached pic is how I remember the quantities…I know, very nerdy…

Meal 1 - 0540
Meal 2 - 0900
Meal 3 - 1210
Meal 4 - 1500

Workout @ 1730
DB squat: 70lbs x 10 / 140 X 10 / 140 x 9 / 140 x 9
DB bench: 45 x 10 / 45 x 10 / 45 x 10 /45 x 10
Bent over rows: 90 x 10 / 140 x 10 / 140 x 8 / 120 x 12
Plank: 1 x 1 min / 1 x > 1 min (I know, I know…much suckiness)
Finished entire w/o in about 30 min.

Surge recovery as prescribed afterwards.

Will get dinner meal down in about an hour from now.

The day went pretty good, no hunger at all; but that might be just from the shock of it all. Of course, I don’t have issues with Days 1-4, Its the weekend that will beckon me to quit. Especially when I start dwelling on how long this is going to take to get where I want to be.

I will need to revamp my weights a bit from todays w/o, but I intentionally held back a lil not knowing what the short rest period was going to do for me. I was fairly winded by the middle of the routine, but could still get the reps fairly well at current weight.

Two items, I think that my biggest problem with the diet is the sweetness of the meals all the time. Can I holla out for some nacho cheese Doritos or chili-cheese flavored meals? Second…can I tell you how bad I hate planks?? I’ll be damned if they don’t hate this fatbody!!

Also, my weekly affirmation that I am carrying around. I’m going to start scouring around for some good T-Nation quotes, because Buddha only gets you so far!!!

Jim,

Very motivating. I like your style. I have a smiliar method of keeping track of my meals. So, not nerdy - super successfull.

We are both just starting. Can’t wait to see you at the end!

RT

[quote]islandjim007 wrote:
Also, my weekly affirmation that I am carrying around. I’m going to start scouring around for some good T-Nation quotes, because Buddha only gets you so far!!![/quote]

Think a new thread is in order

What would the thread be? Like a daily tricks and tips thread?

[quote]RT wrote:
What would the thread be? Like a daily tricks and tips thread?[/quote]

I was referring to “I’m going to start scouring around for some good T-Nation quotes,” so not really daily tricks/tips but more like Daily words of wisdom.

Hey Jim, How are things going? Its been a while since you updated us on how you were doing. Hope your hanging in there and sticking to the diet this time. It will be worth it.